ADVERTISEMENT

Elliott, may be gone by 12/15

Really? The past couple of weeks teams have been running through our D-Lines like a hot knife through butter.

Nobody is saying D is not an issue. But Elliott doesn't have a legit excuse for how poor his unit is. Not based on how long he has been here. Thompson had to work with the talent the previous staff recruited.

Reactions: Atlanta Cock
Its talent not coaching.

Check out OL play in the 2011 Carolina / Clemson game then the early part of the 2016 game. In 2011, I don't think Clemson could lay a hand on Conner Shaw and Freshman runningback Brandon Wildes was running all over them because Lattimore was injured. The regression is easy to see.

OL is a position where development matters more than what their talent was in High School. Elliot doesn't deserve to be here more than Mangus or Ward or any of the other coaches that were party lax culture that allowed this team fall so far. They ALL are to blame for it.

Reactions: rogue cock
Now that might be the plan and I would not doubt it. I thought about that or Nunez going to SC State with Mangus but SC state seems too small.

Do we even know if SE has been requested to interview?
He's not going anywhere I'm afraid. We are stuck with him. Can't blame him, I wouldn't leave either if I was making half a mil to do a piss poor job and my job not be in jeopardy.

According to what I've seen published, Elliott makes $500,000 now, and the GSU job pays about $500,000. I don't think he would want the job.
Elliot is overpaid for the productivity of the OLines he has produced here. Hope he is offered the job and I hope he takes it! Time for him to move on!

Agree. And when the DL is consistently getting their pad level below the OL allowing them to control where you're going, you've got someone teaching piss-poor technique.
Technique and quick feet. I'll take a short arm guy that can move his feet over a big stud that cant move and whiffs at the empty space the guy with quick left him looking at.

Funny. So, we just need talent and no coaching. You know a lot about football, and business.. Lol
The coaching is there but the talent level is lacking. Elliot currently has coached 4 offensive lineman that are currently on NFL rosters with one on an NFL practice squad. Sounds like good coaching too me.

Reactions: andypants
I am not a coach..I saw Will Sport, Mason Zandi and Alan Knott play 3 or 4 games and knew they would never be good linemen...But Elliott kept running them out there...I saw Zack Bailey come in as a true freshman and play center at Jawja and knew he was the real deal...Yeah the evaluations are challenging...But the real good ones stand out...The real bad ones stick out...If we can see the real bad ones sticking out, why can't Elliott...If the poor play on the field is best talent we have on the roster, then Elliott should be fired for very poor evaluating and recruiting
clearly there are not better options....

The coaching is there but the talent level is lacking. Elliot currently has coached 4 offensive lineman that are currently on NFL rosters with one on an NFL practice squad. Sounds like good coaching too me.
And as OL coach, he evaluated and approved every single one of those offers. No matter which way you slice it, he is responsible for the shape the OL is in.

And he does teach very poor OL technique outside of anything that is not an inside zone read offense. His lines are passive run blocking, he doesn't (and never has) taught gap blocking, he doesn't teach getting pad levels low and firing off the line, etc. He learned (or was taught) one type of blocking scheme for one style of offense...and that is all he knows. And it's not the type of offense we run anymore. He's passe.

And 4 over 7 years isn't a lot. Especially when you consider some will make it on natural ability. Let him do what Lawing did with the DL....or what Caldwell did with the OL at Vandy.

That's like saying Steve Jr developed Alshon Jeffrey into an NFL receiver.lol

Jeanpierre Started in the NFL does mean John Hunt was a good offense line coach? Please. We've some good players on the OL but as a unit it has never been better than mediocre under Elliot.

Jeanpierre Started in the NFL does mean John Hunt was a good offense line coach? Please. We've some good players on the OL but as a unit it has never been better than mediocre under Elliot.
Jeanpierre was mainly special teams in the NFL. So Hunt did little to improve his stock. But the fact Jeanpierre started out on Defense then moved to offense should let you know he's had some coaching.

Elliot was retained for only one reason. To win Muschamp points with players from the last regime. And as much as I have wanted a new OL coach I think the strategy has worked out well for everyone. Spurrier gives Elliot a chance to be head coach, GA hires him as a head coach. Team has bought into Muschamp's culture change. We are going to a bowl game in the first year. It really couldn't have turned out better in my opinion. Except for maybe looking more respectable against Clemsux.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT