ADVERTISEMENT

Feaster enters transfer portal

Cocky_11

Jan 31, 2014
Shall we go after him , nothing against him but I don’t think we recruited him

He is a good player, but I doubt we will. He is going to graduate in the summer and can play this year.

Not sure he would transfer to the arch rival. Too many other choices that wouldn't cause him to potentially harm the ties he has at Clemson. He is a good back, just not the superstar we (and probably he) thought he would be. He will be a nice pickup for some team. I hate to see him go even though I personally think our 3rd string back Lyn J Dixon is better but it's tough to tell since he mostly plays during garbage time.

USC recruited him. Spartanburg High was one of the first stops to try and get in the mix for him by Bentley right after Muschamp took over. How hard was he recruited by Spurrier's staff? Don't know. They may have given up as Feaster appeared to be locked in on Clemson early on

According to numerous experts here, USC already has the max initial counters. So if they are right, you can’t and walkons will have to use any scholarships under the 85 cap.

No
A T T I T U D E......

Not true. He has a great attitude and will be an asset to any program. Wherever he goes, I hope he gets the carries he desires. He is a great back, just lacks the ultra quickness and 5th gear on ETN. Does everything else well, and in the right program is easily a 1,000 yard back. I will pull for him regardless of where he goes.

Reactions: Zann77 and ClemDent
He's a baller and his recruitment came down to us vs them. We should have been hitting him up since they signed etn. The writing has been on the wall for a year or so now.

Reactions: melvin08
THE TRANSFER PORTAL !!!!!!!!!!!
images

200.gif

The story that made the rounds was that Feaster's mother was insulted because at a Shrine Bowl luncheon where she was a server, she told Spurrier that her son was going to play football for him, and Spurrier said, "It's every young man's dream to play college football". Apparently, this was an insult because he didn't offer him a scholarship on the spot and she thought that was rude. Never mind the fact he was in the seventh grade at the time.

Reactions: cornstock84
All though Tavien Feaster has good speed and size. I don’t think he would last a full year in the SEC. He’s been injured a lot since his junior year of High School!

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
When Clemson football players transfer it's another name for being laid off.

He was gone after this year anyway so this doesn't even free up a scholarship for the 2020 cycle. There's absolutely no benefit to Feaster leaving unless you're the walk-on that gets his scholarship for one year.

He was gone after this year anyway so this doesn't even free up a scholarship for the 2020 cycle. There's absolutely no benefit to Feaster leaving unless you're the walk-on that gets his scholarship for one year.

It lets one of the grayshirts go on scholarship this fall.

Sister graduated from Spartanburg HS with him. Said he's one of the nicest people she's ever met. As far as his ability goes he's an outstanding all-purpose back. Really good catching the ball out of the backfield, great in pass-pro and has great top-end speed. Would suck ASS if he went to UofSC but wherever he ends up I hope he tears it up.

Reactions: Zann77 and GeoCocky
Playing 15 games a year tends to take more of a toll than 12.
I would let you get away with saying that but you and I know that Feaster has been hurt mostly preseason. He came into Hickins County hurt, and he was injured his freshmen and sophomore years, a few games into the season, and we know Feaster have not played in 15 games except maybe last season. He was injury prone at Spartanburg High and Part of his career at Clemson and that’s a fact!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT