ADVERTISEMENT

First Super Bowl ever without a #1, #2, or #3 seed

This years NFL Conference semis and finals averaged a 3.5 point differential in all combined games with 5 of the 6 being won on the final possession and the other with the loser having a chance with the ball until the Niners' turnover. Two of those games went to overtime.
The previous 5 seasons combined averaged a point differential of 11.733 per game, with only 2 going to overtime.
NFL having a really good year. Super Bowl should be a lot of fun.

You can add Bernie Kosar, Ken Stabler, Troy Akman, Jeff Rutledge to that list. I think there might be more but those are off the top of my head.

Reactions: caughtlookin
Let me re-phrase, the only 2 to lead both of their respective teams to the championships. The rest were backups on one or the other.

Last year, it was amazing that the Super Bowl was played on the home field of one of the participants. Again? If only the Chargers had won the AFC.......

And apparently the Chargers are the "host" team; thus, the Rams are the designated "road" team.

In 13 days from the date of this posting, if you're wondering why the Rams are wearing white jerseys, recall this post.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT