ADVERTISEMENT

Fla n napier

cocean

Jan 27, 2006
Its cute that every university thinks they should be winning championships within 2 yrs

LSU is a step down from Oklahoma. Don't do it, Riley. You have plenty of dough.
LSU is top 3 job. If Oklahoma wasn't SEC bound I'd think staying might be a good idea, but I am sure he knows what is coming in terms of recruiting and competition. If he can lockdown Louisiana recruiting, he could compete every year for SEC and National Championships. Louisiana is a talent rich state with built in loyalty. LSU is not a step down from Oklahoma.

LSU is top 3 job. If Oklahoma wasn't SEC bound I'd think staying might be a good idea, but I am sure he knows what is coming in terms of recruiting and competition. If he can lockdown Louisiana recruiting, he could compete every year for SEC and National Championships. Louisiana is a talent rich state with built in loyalty. LSU is not a step down from Oklahoma.
Oklahoma does not take a backseat to LSU. The Cajun's football history is quite pale compared to Oklahoma.

Oklahoma does not take a backseat to LSU. The Cajun's football history is quite pale compared to Oklahoma.
Bud Wilkinson winning championships in the 1950s means nothing in 2021. LSU won 2 years ago. LSU has more money and plays in a better conference right now. LSU is a top 3 job. Oklahoma is a top 10 job.

Bud Wilkinson winning championships in the 1950s means nothing in 2021. LSU won 2 years ago. LSU has more money and plays in a better conference right now. LSU is a top 3 job. Oklahoma is a top 10 job.
I get that, but OU has been in the 4 team playoff 4 times since it started in 2015. Once with Stoops and 3 times with Riley. LSU has been in it once. (where they won it all)

I think that's just your opinion. Who else has LSU top 3? They aren't even in my top 10.

In no order but above LSU.

Bama
UGA
Florida
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Texas
Oklahoma
Oregon
So Cal
Wisconsin
Texas AM

I think that's just your opinion. Who else has LSU top 3? They aren't even in my top 10.

Bama
UGA
Florida
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Texas
Oklahoma
Oregon
So Cal
Wisconsin
Texas AM
Your off you rocker. In today’s market LSU is above half those teams at least. Bama Florida is it in that list in modern football.

Reactions: TAV31
Your off you rocker. In today’s market LSU is above half those teams at least. Bama Florida is it in that list in modern football.

I stated it was my personal list. However, I'm very willing to look at front an analytical standpoint as well.

So what are the criteria that makes LSU a top 3 job?

Riley knows what to expect from Oklahoma, not so much at LSU. When both jobs are top 10 jobs, why move from one where you know your problems and challenges to one where you might not? Unless he has some problems at Okkie no one knows about. I doubt that. A bird in the hand …..

Bama
UGA
Florida
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Texas
Oklahoma
Oregon
So Cal
Wisconsin
Texas AM
Any Big 10 school? You must be joking. LSU has won a National Championship in the last 2 years. No school on your list has won one in the last 10 years save Bama and Ohio State. LSU can be a consistent winner solely by locking down recruiting in Louisiana.

Any Big 10 school? You must be joking. LSU has won a National Championship in the last 2 years. No school on your list has won one in the last 10 years save Bama and Ohio State. LSU can be a consistent winner solely by locking down recruiting in Louisiana.

Ok. You put more weight on one national championship with a top QB than I do.

So I would assume you put the Clemson job above LSU? You have LSU over UGA and Florida?

Again. I'm just asking what the criteria is.

No one is looking at what these schools have done the last 100 years, it’s about here and now. Yes LSU is more relevant than texas. It’s been a decade or more since texas was relevant.

Looks like Lincoln agrees with me. Choosing irrelevant Socal over LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT