ADVERTISEMENT

From a Clemson tiger fan

dinesh15

Nov 18, 2019
I am not an obsessed Clemson fan who has to gloat and insult others. In fact, I am from a foreign country who came to Clemson to do my Masters and that's how I became a fan. So I don't have hatred for USC or anything of that sort.

The 5 years when Clemson lost to USC. It was painful and I am happy with us winning 2 Nattys and all, but I find ACC absolutely boring. There are no games that are competitive and unfortunately yesterday's game was like that too.

Clemson got lucky with Dabo hire. If any genius in tigernet claims that he saw all of this in 2009, he is lying. What USC needs to do is, get a coach who is upcoming and hungry to prove and make it. That way he will be cheap and he can be fired in.2 or 3 years if he fails. Or get a proven winner, which will be difficult to do because of Muschamps heavy but out.

But Muschamp was such a bad hire. I have seen his press conferences and he used x and o s wherever he can to show how.much he knows. Seems like a really insecure guy.

I just want USC to get competitive so our rivalry is interesting. Also I like many posters here as they are very objective. Tigernet is ok too, but If I say ACC is boring, they will call me a coot. Hence i am on boards like these to read meaningful arguments over college football.

Sensible post. Our blueprints should be different. I realize you are new fan but Clemson has a history of paying recruits. That is how Dabo turned it around. Same with Clemson turning it around in the 70s after Carolina blew Clemson out in 75.

Now, plenty of other programs have this type of history(Auburn, Bama, etc). I don't blame Clemson since this is the perfect time to get away with it(see Auburn/Newton, UNC, etc). But our fanbase doesn't include those willing to do anything to win.

What we require is a coach that can do more with less. Instead we hired a coach who did less with more at Florida. We did that because the recruiting "gurus" told everyone that Muschamp was a great recruiter(his name is Flipper they said, lmao) and he was young and learned from his mistakes. We trashed real coaches like Fuente for "not being willing to recruit" and Mendenhall and both of those coaches are getting it done with far less than Muschamp has at Carolina with a top 20 athletic budget and top 20 recruiting classes every year.

Thanks for a reasonable post from a Clemson fan despite the fact I disagree with you on this. You represent your school well.

We should just hire the whole Appy State staff. They recruit unranked players who can beat our 3 and 4 star team, they obviously know how to coach the full potential from players, they have better strength and conditioning what we have. They have more than 5 plays on offense.

Arkansas, Missouri, FSU have all canned their coaches in a short period of time. We cannot? Yes, the buyout is there, but we need to bite the bullet and make the change,

I think the lunacy of keeping WM is mind boggling. Holding on to RT is worse as he makes the worst possible decisions. He is not business savvy and has no eye for coaching talent. You have to be nuts to have hired WM and then give him this buyout. Worse still he had no idea of the concept of throwing good money after bad. Compounding all of this is Frank’s buyout. RT is a Business neophyte.

From an economic and strategic point of view the status quo is tantamount to committing athletic suicide. Surely, there are enough savvy BOT members to see through this?

75 Carolina fan you are crazy if you think Carolina is squeaky clean. Clowney and Gilmore both came to USC because of the bag man from RH. Heck he was even banned from SC for years. And yes I know this first hand by knowing both situations very closely.

Reactions: griffgolf
75 Carolina fan you are crazy if you think Carolina is squeaky clean. Clowney and Gilmore both came to USC because of the bag man from RH. Heck he was even banned from SC for years. And yes I know this first hand by knowing both situations very closely.
Listen, when we start landing 5 stars in states with better programs than us like y'all did in Florida, Georgia, etc with no recent success to pull them then we'll talk. Clowney and Gilmore came from our state and we were the closest school. You guys have been popped multiple times even as recently as under Tommy Bowden with the Gaffney boys. You can claim first hand knowledge but unless you've got a link I'm not buying it. It is what it is.

And I wish we'd start paying recruits since the NCAA is not holding anyone accountable. It's not like the 80s where there was a negative stigma when you got busted. Should be expected today with programs that actually want to win since there is no penalty.

I am not an obsessed Clemson fan who has to gloat and insult others. In fact, I am from a foreign country who came to Clemson to do my Masters and that's how I became a fan. So I don't have hatred for USC or anything of that sort.

The 5 years when Clemson lost to USC. It was painful and I am happy with us winning 2 Nattys and all, but I find ACC absolutely boring. There are no games that are competitive and unfortunately yesterday's game was like that too.

Clemson got lucky with Dabo hire. If any genius in tigernet claims that he saw all of this in 2009, he is lying. What USC needs to do is, get a coach who is upcoming and hungry to prove and make it. That way he will be cheap and he can be fired in.2 or 3 years if he fails. Or get a proven winner, which will be difficult to do because of Muschamps heavy but out.

But Muschamp was such a bad hire. I have seen his press conferences and he used x and o s wherever he can to show how.much he knows. Seems like a really insecure guy.

I just want USC to get competitive so our rivalry is interesting. Also I like many posters here as they are very objective. Tigernet is ok too, but If I say ACC is boring, they will call me a coot. Hence i am on boards like these to read meaningful arguments over college football.
If you respected your school at all, or at least its accomplishments, you would not refer to the two national championships they recently won as Nattys. You might as well refer to your mother or wife as the "old lady". It is disrespectful in the extreme.

If you respected your school at all, or at least its accomplishments, you would not refer to the two national championships they recently won as Nattys. You might as well refer to your mother or wife as the "old lady". It is disrespectful in the extreme.

I think it would be more like referring to them as "momma" and "honey", terms of endearment. I don't think South Carolina fans get to tell Clemson alumni how to refer to their multiple Natty's ;)

No you don't... None of what you said is true....we didn't have to pay them two my friend.....we may have paid others, but these two .... Didn't have to.... You have no inside knowledge... You just made it up .... Good one man

I think it would be more like referring to them as "momma" and "honey", terms of endearment. I don't think South Carolina fans get to tell Clemson alumni how to refer to their multiple Natty's ;)
First of all, I don't even know who the poster is or if he is who or what he says he is. All I know is that "Natty" is a term which, when applied to a national championship, is disparagingly demeaning.

Sensible post. Our blueprints should be different. I realize you are new fan but Clemson has a history of paying recruits. That is how Dabo turned it around. Same with Clemson turning it around in the 70s after Carolina blew Clemson out in 75.

Now, plenty of other programs have this type of history(Auburn, Bama, etc). I don't blame Clemson since this is the perfect time to get away with it(see Auburn/Newton, UNC, etc). But our fanbase doesn't include those willing to do anything to win.

What we require is a coach that can do more with less. Instead we hired a coach who did less with more at Florida. We did that because the recruiting "gurus" told everyone that Muschamp was a great recruiter(his name is Flipper they said, lmao) and he was young and learned from his mistakes. We trashed real coaches like Fuente for "not being willing to recruit" and Mendenhall and both of those coaches are getting it done with far less than Muschamp has at Carolina with a top 20 athletic budget and top 20 recruiting classes every year.

Thanks for a reasonable post from a Clemson fan despite the fact I disagree with you on this. You represent your school well.
I’m not saying they don’t, but where is the proof the fighting Dabos paid recruits? Has the NCAA ever even hinted at that being the case?? I think we sound so stupid when we state claims as fact, when it’s nothing more than wishful thinking. Show me proof and I’ll help launch a campaign to investigate them. Until then just shut the heck up. Sounds pathetic.

I’m not saying they don’t, but where is the proof the fighting Dabos paid recruits? Has the NCAA ever even hinted at that being the case?? I think we sound so stupid when we state claims as fact, when it’s nothing more than wishful thinking. Show me proof and I’ll help launch a campaign to investigate them. Until then just shut the heck up. Sounds pathetic.
No. I'll keep pointing out all those pictures of players with wads of cash, all the statements from players claiming to have more cash than ever, players with families below the poverty line driving nice cars and family members living on the lake in Clemson, the Michigan player that turned down money from Clemson, etc.

What's pathetic is just how far your head fits up your behind.

No. I'll keep pointing out all those pictures of players with wads of cash, all the statements from players claiming to have more cash than ever, players with families below the poverty line driving nice cars and family members living on the lake in Clemson, the Michigan player that turned down money from Clemson, etc.

You’re an idiot. So there’s that....

My favorite Clemson logic is when Kenneth Page posted a picture with his " Stacks" of twenty thousand dollars cash 2 months after committing.
A tater fan said Alot of kids who grow up in section 8 housing have alot of money, their parents don't have to pay rent.

Last edited:
My favorite Clemson logic is when Kenneth Page posted a picture with his " Stacks" of twenty thousand dollars cash 2 months after committing.
A tater fan said Alot of kids who grow up in section 8 housing have alot of money, as kids their parents don't have to pay rent.

I always heard he had a family member who stocked ATM’s and Kenneth was helping him one day.
Also James Davis was set to go to the NFL. Had been training in Florida, yet abruptly returned to Clemson. When it was brought up he had hired a training agency to prepare him it was said his “rich uncle” paid for it. Funny, I never remember Mike Davis having a rich uncle.
Along those lines, I remember the linked story. One of Saint Dabo’s great works.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...-clemson-south-carolina-james-davis-dabo-text

Have you have seen the internet pictures with the just recruited players throwing thousands up in the air and saying his aunt gave him the money? Remember the house on the lake for girlfriend and baby? The player who said he got paid after leaving Tigger town? Look it up, just don't assume they are just following all the rules. Try Google.

Get out of here, your nothing but a tater trying to rub in yalls win. It will soon be like it was when we were Dominate and won 5 in a row! Don’t forget Tater!

Reactions: nikolas22
Have you have seen the internet pictures with the just recruited players throwing thousands up in the air and saying his aunt gave him the money? Remember the house on the lake for girlfriend and baby? The player who said he got paid after leaving Tigger town? Look it up, just don't assume they are just following all the rules. Try Google.

My favorite unexplained story is the former players busting in a players apartment and stealing a bag of cash.

They have the NewSpring Church that they funnel money through when they go to church in the prayer room box requests every week. Perfect for tax free money.
I will admit y’all are good at it to get 3 natty’s and maybe a 4th this year if y’all can compete with the SEC know what I mean!!! !!

Listen, when we start landing 5 stars in states with better programs than us like y'all did in Florida, Georgia, etc with no recent success to pull them then we'll talk. Clowney and Gilmore came from our state and we were the closest school. You guys have been popped multiple times even as recently as under Tommy Bowden with the Gaffney boys. You can claim first hand knowledge but unless you've got a link I'm not buying it. It is what it is.

And I wish we'd start paying recruits since the NCAA is not holding anyone accountable. It's not like the 80s where there was a negative stigma when you got busted. Should be expected today with programs that actually want to win since there is no penalty.

Have you ever considered that you don’t land 5 star recruits from other states because your school is in Columbia?

Reactions: Zann77
If any of this is true, wouldn’t Feaster or Josh Belk have had all of the proof you need to shut Clemson down? Heck, Kelly Bryant was not happy when he left. Wouldn’t he have had the incentive to turn Clemson in?

Reactions: Brace1

Get real. One Clemson booster in the 80’s was found to have given gifts to 2 players. If you think that hasn’t happened at USC, you are fooling yourself. As for the current Clemson program, I can understand USC fans wanting desperately to find dirt on them, but until you have evidence, such statements drip with jealousy. There is only 1 South Carolina football program on probation at the time, and it’s not the school in the Upstate. How do you explain that?

Last edited:
Reactions: matteo6317
Listen, when we start landing 5 stars in states with better programs than us like y'all did in Florida, Georgia, etc with no recent success to pull them then we'll talk. Clowney and Gilmore came from our state and we were the closest school. You guys have been popped multiple times even as recently as under Tommy Bowden with the Gaffney boys. You can claim first hand knowledge but unless you've got a link I'm not buying it.It is what it is.

You can claim first hand knowledge but unless you've got a link I'm not buying it.

Like you said above do you have a link about Dabo paying players?

Take your tinfoil hats off Gamecock fans. Clemson is just the far superior program right now, the same way USC was the better program the five years preceding that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT