ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks win total in 24

Bassslayer

Jan 7, 2023
Looks to be about the same as last year give or take one. 6-6 would be with 2 upsets. Next year will have a great home schedule though with Bama Oklahoma and Clemson.

14-0 with our first national championship
tumblr_mc0rb7Phzh1qhy6bio1_500.gif

Looks to be about the same as last year give or take one. 6-6 would be with 2 upsets. Next year will have a great home schedule though with Bama Oklahoma and Clemson.
On the way back from Oxford, Mississippi. I assume we will play Ole Miss next year there. The campus is nice, but nothing special. Never been to Starkville. But I have always heard derogatory things about it. I cannot believe it is worse than Ole Miss, which is isolated. I know that the Rebs have some tradition from the Johnny Vaught days. But that was 50 years ago. After spending the weekend at Ole Miss, my respect for Lane Kiffin shot up dramatically. Been to Gainesville, Tenn, Athens. How the hell anyone can recruit to Ole Miss beats me. No wonder, even with NIL money, Ole Miss recruiting is about the same as us in the conference. By the way, I like the new Miss. State Head Coach. He was OC under both Kiffin and Josh Heupel, producing Top 10 offenses. He has offense in his blood like Heupel, Kiffin and Drinkwitz. College football rules these days favor offenses. Offense is the name of the game in college football these days. If you want to succeed, you better be offense-minded.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
On the way back from Oxford, Mississippi. I assume we will play Ole Miss next year there. The campus is nice, but nothing special. Never been to Starkville. But I have always heard derogatory things about it. I cannot believe it is worse than Ole Miss, which is isolated. I know that the Rebs have some tradition from the Johnny Vaught days. But that was 50 years ago. After spending the weekend at Ole Miss, my respect for Lane Kiffin shot up dramatically. Been to Gainesville, Tenn, Athens. How the hell anyone can recruit to Ole Miss beats me. No wonder, even with NIL money, Ole Miss recruiting is about the same as us in the conference. By the way, I like the new Miss. State Head Coach. He was OC under both Kiffin and Josh Heupel, producing Top 10 offenses. He has offense in his blood like Heupel, Kiffin and Drinkwitz. College football rules these days favor offenses. Offense is the name of the game in college football these days. If you want to succeed, you better be offense-minded.
Even with NIL money? Lane Kiffin openly begged for NIL funding and their donors came through. If I was a student and got offered $300,000 to play in Oxford, MS with all of those beautiful women around, I think life would be going swell.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Even with NIL money? Lane Kiffin openly begged for NIL funding and their donors came through. If I was a student and got offered $300,000 to play in Oxford, MS with all of those beautiful women around, I think life would be going swell.
Yet they are ranked recruiting-wise with us in the bottom half of the conference, them 12th to our 13th. Yes, even with NIL money. Believe it or not, Lane Kiffin is a helluva COACH.

Last edited:
Yet they are ranked recruiting-wise with us in the bottom half of the conference, them 12th to our 13th. Yes, even with NIL money. Believe it or not, Lane Kiffin is a helluva COACH.

Stock - You've officially moved into the role of the silly goose troll poster.

Kiffin not only purchased his entire team but he's buying ours too. It's no secret but you like to believe it's one.

Please place rank on retaining your best players year in and out versus having them walk out the door.

You know -- the most important part of any team...retaining your best 2nd, 3rd and 4th year players while you add new talent to the mix?

Why is it impossible to predict what we might do this year on the field?

On top of a new QB with zero gameday experience, we lost our #1 RB to Memphis and our #1 WR to....wait for it....Ole Miss and Lane Kiffin.

We're starting from scratch on offense so any crystal ball gazing is just that.

Reactions: turncock
Ward, going by the rankings: Ole Miss is right now ranked 12th in the SEC. It is what it is. You can keep your head in the sand. But that is a fact. And Ole Miss last year beat LSU at home and Penn State. And in no way did they have better talent than either. I stand by what I said: Lane Kiffin is a helluva coach. I am not sure why that is debateable. It looks to me that the silly goose troll poster is you.

Reactions: Lurker123
Ward, going by the rankings: Ole Miss is right now ranked 12th in the SEC. It is what it is. You can keep your head in the sand. But that is a fact. And Ole Miss last year beat LSU at home and Penn State. And in no way did they have better talent than either. I stand by what I said: Lane Kiffin is a helluva coach. I am not sure why that is debateable. It looks to me that the silly goose troll poster is you.

You keep posting recruiting rankings and continue ignore the fact we're losing our best talent each season.

If Lane Kiffin was such an awesome coach, why did he bend a knee to donors in the most pubic way possible?

Why would he need money if he could just coach 'em up?

{insert Spurrier "find the biggest wallets" and "30 million cap" post here}

Stock - You've officially moved into the role of the silly goose troll poster.

Kiffin not only purchased his entire team but he's buying ours too. It's no secret but you like to believe it's one.

Please place rank on retaining your best players year in and out versus having them walk out the door.

You know -- the most important part of any team...retaining your best 2nd, 3rd and 4th year players while you add new talent to the mix?

Why is it impossible to predict what we might do this year on the field?

On top of a new QB with zero gameday experience, we lost our #1 RB to Memphis and our #1 WR to....wait for it....Ole Miss and Lane Kiffin.

We're starting from scratch on offense so any crystal ball gazing is just that.
Yes. I shouldn't have taken the bait.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Ward, going by the rankings: Ole Miss is right now ranked 12th in the SEC. It is what it is. You can keep your head in the sand. But that is a fact. And Ole Miss last year beat LSU at home and Penn State. And in no way did they have better talent than either.

According to the 247 talent compiler, we actually had better talent than Ole Miss.

But just barely.

There was a distinct difference in the product on the field though. Maybe coaching DOES have some impact?

According to the 247 talent compiler, we actually had better talent than Ole Miss.

But just barely.

There was a distinct difference in the product on the field though. Maybe coaching DOES have some impact?

How's you and Watson's search for that perfect coach going? I'm certain the AD is on the edge of their seats.

You keep posting recruiting rankings and continue ignore the fact we're losing our best talent each season.

If Lane Kiffin was such an awesome coach, why did he bend a knee to donors in the most pubic way possible?

Why would he need money if he could just coach 'em up?

{insert Spurrier "find the biggest wallets" and "30 million cap" post here}
I keep referring to the rankings because it is true. Look it up yourself. And my posts above was in complimenting Kiffin. It was not a cut down on us. But you preferred to read into it what you wanted. And Kiffin has produced Top 10 teams in his career, even before NIL. And he has been a conference champion. The fact is he is a proven winner as a Coach. Again, I stand by what I said: he is a helluva coach. And the fact is that I have been a fan of his for a long time.

I keep referring to the rankings because it is true. Look it up yourself. And my posts above was in complimenting Kiffin. It was not a cut down on us. But you preferred to read into it what you wanted. And Kiffin has produced Top 10 teams in his career, even before NIL. And he has been a conference champion. The fact is he is a proven winner as a Coach. Again, I stand by what I said: he is a helluva coach. And the fact is that I have been a fan of his for a long time.

Stock - Have a little deeper look at those "composite rankings" Lurker and yourself cling onto and you'll see just how BS they are.

For example, the ranking of Juice Wells is not accounted for in our departures.
https://247sports.com/Team/south-carolina-182/Roster/

And more importantly, they assigned a value of N/A on the Ole MIss side:
https://247sports.com/Team/ole-miss-178/Roster/

Seems a bit relevant, no?

That's just one example of a NIL player transfer.

Ward, I looked at the current recruiting. And I indicated that. Kiffin is a VERY good coach. That is undeniable. In his 2nd season at Ole Miss before NIL was to really make an impact, he led them to a number 11 ranking. He led USC to a number 6 ranking. He won 2 conference championships before going to Ole Miss. Why saying he is a helluva coach is so controversial here is crazy.

Ward, I looked at the current recruiting. And I indicated that. Kiffin is a VERY good coach. That is undeniable. In his 2nd season at Ole Miss before NIL was to really make an impact, he led them to a number 11 ranking. He led USC to a number 6 ranking. He won 2 conference championships before going to Ole Miss. Why saying he is a helluva coach is so controversial here is crazy.

Kiffin was an average coach until he started buying his team.

At UT, he went 7-6 in his one year as head coach.

At USC-W, he got fired in his fourth season.

It's an odd twist that just because his name was brought up some time ago in comparison to Beamer, that some feel the need to pretend his accomplishments don't exist.

As if it's such a hard thing to admit that there might be someone out there other than Beamer who may be able to coach. :)

It's an odd twist that just because his name was brought up some time ago in comparison to Beamer, that some feel the need to pretend his accomplishments don't exist.

As if it's such a hard thing to admit that there might be someone out there other than Beamer who may be able to coach. :)

Hard to believe this has to be said again. No one is arguing that Beamer is a great coach.

The verdict is still out whether he's even a longer term solution.

What we do know is that there aren't "Xs and Os" coaches of the past with sub-par talent ripping through the SEC.

Instead, they are begging for money.

Kiffin was an average coach until he started buying his team.

At UT, he went 7-6 in his one year as head coach.

At USC-W, he got fired in his fourth season.
Yes he did, but he stilll led them to a number 6 ranking, still won 2 conference championships before Ole Miss, still led them to a number 11 ranking in Year 2 there; still led them to a Top 10 ranking last year and is a favorite to make the playoffs this year. And I point again to beating traditional powers and player talented LSU and Penn State last year. Again, why saying he is a helluva coach is controversial here is a head scratcher. That is especially true since I was not demeaning my alma mater.

Yes he did, but he stilll led them to a number 6 ranking, still won 2 conference championships before Ole Miss, still led them to a number 11 ranking in Year 2 there; still led them to a Top 10 ranking last year and is a favorite to make the playoffs this year. And I point again to beating traditional powers and player talented LSU and Penn State last year. Again, why saying he is a helluva coach is controversial here is a head scratcher. That is especially true since I was not demeaning my alma mater.

I'm having a hard time following what you're saying.

Kiffin was fired at USC-W.

At Ole Miss, he came in and immediately started complaining that the NIL was unfair and he needed money to buy players.

I remember one troll being so insulted that I compared Beamer to Kiffin that she worked herself up into a frenzy and declared that his wins would plummet the minute the qb Carrol left the team.

I admit, I get a good chuckle as Kiffin continually proves her wrong.

The guy can coach. It speaks volumes when someone tries to deny it.

Reactions: gamecock stock
I'm having a hard time following what you're saying.

Kiffin was fired at USC-W.

At Ole Miss, he came in and immediately started complaining that the NIL was unfair and he needed money
He has produced Ward. He has produced at Ole Miss And at his previous stop. And he produced at Ole Miss prior to NIL making an impact. And he is beating teams that had better talent last year. I am not sure why that is so hard to understand..

He has produced Ward. He has produced at Ole Miss And at his previous stop. And he produced at Ole Miss prior to NIL making an impact. And he is beating teams that had better talent last year. I am not sure why that is so hard to understand..

If that's the story you want to tell yourself.

If he's a savant, why did he go on a full blown "I need donors" NIL campaign in 2021?

Anyhow, this is incredibly irrelevant.

You guys feel free to keep swooning over college football coaches.

If that's the story you want to tell yourself.

If he's a savant, why did he go on a full blown "I need donors" NIL campaign in 2021?

Anyhow, this is incredibly irrelevant.

You guys feel free to keep swooning over college football coaches.
If you want to keep your head in the sand, that is fine. BUT the guy can coach. He has proven that over time. He proved it before NIL and after.

No he didn't. Kiffin won one championship at Florida Atlantic in 2017.

If you want to keep your head in the sand, that is fine. BUT the guy can coach. He has proven that over time. He proved it before NIL and after.
He really hasn't. Ole Miss was 5-5 in his first season. In his 2nd year, he used NIL funding to get his star QB, running back and other players. He is Mr. NIL.

Out of curiosity, why are you going on about other coaches?

Last edited:
The story I'm telling myself is if we don't have the NIL money (and apparently we don't) then we need a coach that good players WANT to play for. What else is there?

The story I'm telling myself is if we don't have the NIL money (and apparently we don't) then we need a coach that good players WANT to play for. What else is there?
Do you remember being in college? You wouldn't stick around for any coach because he has a nice smile if you can make more money somewhere else. I guess if it was down to an extra $5,000-$10,000 then maybe, but that's not typically the case in these situations.

Do you remember being in college? You wouldn't stick around for any coach because he has a nice smile if you can make more money somewhere else. I guess if it was down to an extra $5,000-$10,000 then maybe, but that's not typically the case in these situations.
Then answer my question. What else is there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT