ADVERTISEMENT

Good job Ray.

Dingus MaGee

Apr 2, 2014
Ray is one of the best ADs in the business. Probably one of the most respected by coaches because he was a great one and guys want to work for a guy like that.
It's not his job to disseminate info from the particulars of his searches. His job is to run a department the right way which he is doing. All those that think he should be having weekly pressers where he tells you where he's at in the search are delusional.
I think Muschamp was a great hire.
Kingston was the best coach out there. Sully was not leaving after winning the title,period. Nothing anyone could have done about that.
Tom Herman was never coming here. He's at his dream job now and publicly says so.
The thought that we had to pull a guy from a power 5 just because is ludicrous.
Louisville guy wasn't coming-makes good money and there's easy entry, coke and hookers and strippers in the dorms and all sorts of other things to lure recruits there.
Monte had a worse resume than Kingston.
Toman can't stay out of trouble but I like him and hope he'll be on staff one day.
Holbrook was the correct hire at the time and had the juice but just didn't work out.
Many of you need to quit acting like a bunch of travel ball parents and think you should have your say in who they hired and who he brings.
Speaking of travel ball our players played like a bunch of spoiled kids who had never had to work for much this year, doesn't apply to all but as a whole that was my opinion.
Lemonis would have gotten the same treatment as Kingston by many.
I'm excited by this hire. Good resume, good age, can recruit Florida with established relationships.
We needed a change. Kinda hope he brings his own on the field guys.
Some of our fans are never happy with anything. If I was like that I'd save myself the anguish and just hunt and fish every Saturday or just cook and drink brew instead of constantly torturing myself with the coaching and players.
Just because you started for bad teams in Columbia area in the 80s does not make you an expert on what we are doing schematically. The game is totally different now and if you wanna recruit good players you'd better be in something exciting to play in.
Forever To Thee! Give em hell Kingston! ps. a good start is to beat Clemson and to not worry if our players get a little swag about them when they do something good. That was the Chad downfall in that series.
The Tanner player/coach tree is fantastic but that doesn't mean you have to appease them with hires and public gratitude, it's a new time.
I could go on but this will do for now.

tenor.gif

Ray is one of the best ADs in the business. Probably one of the most respected by coaches because he was a great one and guys want to work for a guy like that.
It's not his job to disseminate info from the particulars of his searches. His job is to run a department the right way which he is doing. All those that think he should be having weekly pressers where he tells you where he's at in the search are delusional.
Kingston was the best coach out there. Sully was not leaving after winning the title,period. Nothing anyone could have done about that.
Tom Herman was never coming here. He's at his dream job now and publicly says so.
Louisville guy wasn't coming-makes good money and there's easy entry, coke and hookers and strippers in the dorms and all sorts of other things to lure recruits there.
Toman can't stay out of trouble but I like him and hope he'll be on staff one day.
Holbrook was the correct hire at the time and had the juice but just didn't work out.
Many of you need to quit acting like a bunch of travel ball parents and think you should have your say in who they hired and who he brings.
Speaking of travel ball our players played like a bunch of spoiled kids who had never had to work for much this year, doesn't apply to all but as a whole that was my opinion.
I'm excited by this hire. Good resume, good age, can recruit Florida with established relationships.
Some of our fans are never happy with anything. If I was like that I'd save myself the anguish and just hunt and fish every Saturday or just cook and drink brew instead of constantly torturing myself with the coaching and players.
Just because you started for bad teams in Columbia area in the 80s does not make you an expert on what we are doing schematically. The game is totally different now and if you wanna recruit good players you'd better be in something exciting to play in.
Forever To Thee! Give em hell Kingston! ps. a good start is to beat Clemson and to not worry if our players get a little swag about them when they do something good. That was the Chad downfall in that series.
The Tanner player/coach tree is fantastic but that doesn't mean you have to appease them with hires and public gratitude, it's a new time.
Stop it Dingus! You are using common sense and stating facts that others cannot see. If you are going to be positive and supportive of a new Gamecock coach, you do not belong on Gamecock Central! This board is for grumpy old men who never played a sport after middle school but managed to know everything about every sport. Guys who know WWWAAAYYY more than a former coach who won two National Championships in baseball.

One of the best posts I've read on the baseball coach saga.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT