ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to see Freddie go.

Alex Anthopoulos is shrewd. He couldn’t wait. He had to move on it or could have ended up with nobody at first base. He got a good one. Hate to see Freddie go, but I completely understand. Now they need a CF and you can always use one more good pitcher.
Please Freddie, don’t go the the Yankees.

Alex Anthopoulos is shrewd. He couldn’t wait. He had to move on it or could have ended up with nobody at first base. He got a good one. Hate to see Freddie go, but I completely understand. Now they need a CF and you can always use one more good pitcher.
Please Freddie, don’t go the the Yankees.
Better yanks than dodgers!

Reactions: Neanderthal
Yanks already have a first baseman. He came from wrigley. Kris Bryant to Rockies.

I can't fault the Braves for not signing FF. If I was the GM I would not have signed a 32 year old player for 6 years @ 27 million a year. As a GM your fiduciary responsibility to the organization comes first and foremost.
Fans can be very fickle, in this case I've have already heard/read some comments that they are upset with FF for leaving. SMH

It’s not the Braves fault that Freddie chose to take less money per year just to get an additional year on the contract.

The Braves actually offered more money per year ($140/ 5 = $28, $162/6 =$27). California income taxes are over 13 percent and Georgia is a little over 5. He actually is taking less money by going to LA.

If it were really about wanting to stay a Brave, Freddie could have taken the five year deal . If he’s still productive he will have another contract beyond this one.

He has a house in California. If he wants to be around his wife and kids more I respect that. But don’t blame it on the Braves front office. If he wanted to stay a Brave, he had 140 million reasons to stay over the next 5 years. He chose 162 million reasons over 6 years to leave. That’s basically a move over pennies compared to how much money he makes. Zero sympathy here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT