ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing we may have landed 4 star QB Tanner Bailey.

That would be curious; having two highly rated QBs transfer in to one place - here. If - *IF* - true, what does that mean for Doty, Gauthier, and B. Davis? I mean depth is nice, but I don’t see us keeping 5 scholarship QBs.

Reactions: vacock#
Much needed depth in one of the greatest positions of need. Rattler only has two years of eligibility remaining. Tanner has his full 4-5 years. When was the last time we had one QB make it an entire year?

Reactions: 92Pony
That would be curious; having two highly rated QBs transfer in to one place - here. If - *IF* - true, what does that mean for Doty, Gauthier, and B. Davis? I mean depth is nice, but I don’t see us keeping 5 scholarship QBs.

Rattler is looking for an NFL career, and would have been there now where it nit for getting benched, so I think he is a one and done.

So that would space the two transfers out.

All those good QBs, and so few people to throw the ball to.
Thank you. We’ve got our top dog who refuses to go for the one on one balls, one guy that’s constantly confused in his route (see clemmons pick six), one that will only make a catch if it’s a circus throw (and I still defy anyone to look at this individual that went in motion and where Brown tried to go right from the jump but the guy never.looked.the.entire.play in the end zone fumble vs Missouri), and one of our best receivers imo got pissed and went on hiatus during the season. They don’t do a heck of a lot to help out whoever the qb is; they mostly look like the old time electric football game players doing do-si-dos out there.

Sorry; sore spot.

Last edited:
Its called life, compete and win or run

The negative nellys isn't going to like this:
Smaller framed quarterback at just over 6-foot tall, and about 190 pounds. Natural pocket passer with some functional mobility but not a downfield running threat. Immense intelligence passing the football and understanding spacing and timing. Has the right trajectory on the football. Anticipatory and above average accuracy. Very adept throwing the short to intermediate passing game and has nice touch on the outside planes. Easy stroke and release. Doesn't have a cannon but makes up for it with accuracy and ball placement. Makes a high percentage of advanced level seam throws between defenders. Tough player that took his team to a championship as a junior and played banged up.

Watch his highlights, and yes I know they are highlights, but he seems to put the ball in a safe spot. Especially so on deep routes.

As you can see in the last couple of years, you can't have too many QB's on staff... I remembered 30 years ago, we and other teams had 5 good to top QB's on staff and ready to take over in a pinch... Except for Dickie...

Reactions: Macc Maine
Congrats! Good week for the Shane train.
One transfer from Sooners, and another from the Packers.

IMG_0031.jpg

Last edited:
Satterfield must have been screaming at Beamer for months "Get me a quarterback!!"

And I'll bet Beamer said to himself, "I'll never get in this situation again (QBs)!" Smart guy. With Bailey and Davis signed, if Gauthier or Doty transfer it will have minimum impact. I mean next year is all about Rattler.

Last edited:
And I'll bet Beamer said to himself, "I'll never get in this situation again (QBs}! Smart guy. With Bailey and Davis signed, if Gauthier or Doty transfer it will have minimum impact. I mean next year is all about Rattler.

One thing good about QB's.. They can play DB's... Go ask Brad Edwards... He was highly recruited QB came in before Pat Turner and Todd Ellis....

Satterfield must have been screaming at Beamer for months "Get me a quarterback!!"
While I understand why many want Satt gone based on last season, is that fair? To expect fire with only two WET sticks to rub together is not a good assessment of his ability. This year he has all the tools and if there's not a tremendous improvement, there's always going to be a correction made I'm sure. He will have the proper opportunity to perform. You can't blindfold the man, put him in a ROUND room and tell him to find a corner.

While I understand why many want Satt gone based on last season, is that fair? To expect fire with only two WET sticks to rub together is not a good assessment of his ability. This year he has all the tools and if there's not a tremendous improvement, there's always going to be a correction made I'm sure. He will have the proper opportunity to perform. You can't blindfold the man, put him in a ROUND room and tell him to find a corner.

The problem is you're getting a one year shot with a 5 star QB. If he's not the right guy, you're going to completely waste that year then start back over with an unproven QB situation.

The problem is you're getting a one year shot with a 5 star QB. If he's not the right guy, you're going to completely waste that year then start back over with an unproven QB situation.
No real guarantee that if we replace him that the next guy will be any better in his first year. At least Satterfield has a year under his belt. So I won't be surprised if he stays. I will be surprised if there are NO changes to the staff.

One thing good about QB's.. They can play DB's... Go ask Brad Edwards... He was highly recruited QB came in before Pat Turner and Todd Ellis....
Definitely. Brad Edwards, S. Newton could of been if he wanted to. D Pinkins did well. Doty and Joyner could really help our DB's but if they aren't mentally really wanting to do that, they won't succeed. If either wants a shot at pro ball, they better make the switch.

Maybe he could kick a winning field goal and win a Heisman trophy?

Look at his past record though. He sucked at Temple and he sucked at the small school he was at. He sucked so bad that Rhule had him be a gofer with the Panthers.

• Haha
Reactions: Macc Maine
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT