ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing we may have landed 4 star QB Tanner Bailey.

That would be curious; having two highly rated QBs transfer in to one place - here. If - *IF* - true, what does that mean for Doty, Gauthier, and B. Davis? I mean depth is nice, but I don’t see us keeping 5 scholarship QBs.
He's not a transfer he's a freshman.

Thank you. We’ve got our top dog who refuses to go for the one on one balls, one guy that’s constantly confused in his route (see clemmons pick six), one that will only make a catch if it’s a circus throw (and I still defy anyone to look at this individual that went in motion and where Brown tried to go right from the jump but the guy never.looked.the.entire.play in the end zone fumble vs Missouri), and one of our best receivers imo got pissed and went on hiatus during the season. They don’t do a heck of a lot to help out whoever the qb is; they mostly look like the old time electric football game players doing do-si-dos out there.

Sorry; sore spot.
Saying Vann won't go for one on one balls? Are you referring to the blatant PI against Clemson where the dude out his weight on Vann when he tried to jump out the two on one he got beat on because any other real one on one ball he had he tried to elevate on and usually won.

Saying Vann won't go for one on one balls? Are you referring to the blatant PI against Clemson where the dude out his weight on Vann when he tried to jump out the two on one he got beat on because any other real one on one ball he had he tried to elevate on and usually won.
Umm, no; that's why I said one on one; the 50-50s. And the last part of your post is false my friend, sorry; we'll just have to disagree on that.

Rattler is looking for an NFL career, and would have been there now where it nit for getting benched, so I think he is a one and done.

So that would space the two transfers out.
Well! I hope Satterfield does not coach the NFL out of him. Who knows?

If Bailey is 2022, he probably expects to redshirt as a true freshman and acclimate to college life, put on some muscle and learn the playbook. Then as a redshirt freshman can fight to be the primary backup to Rattler. Rattler will be gone to the NFL by his sophomore year, so in a perfect scenario he can start at SC for 3 years. I am sure that was how it is being sold.

Look at his past record though. He sucked at Temple and he sucked at the small school he was at. He sucked so bad that Rhule had him be a gofer with the Panthers.
OK, but if he sucks with a 5 star quarterback, that's different than last year's situation and a change I'm sure will be made. I just think he deserves a shot with all the tools in place then there can be no excuse.

OK, but if he sucks with a 5 star quarterback, that's different than last year's situation and a change I'm sure will be made. I just think he deserves a shot with all the tools in place then there can be no excuse.

Being 100% honest, there can always be excuses. If I had to pick some now, it'll be the OL and WR's that were the reason if there isn't the huge improvement some people are expecting.

Umm, no; that's why I said one on one; the 50-50s. And the last part of your post is false my friend, sorry; we'll just have to disagree on that.
Would you like to site any games in particular? Only thing I can think of is again when the Clemson player shoved him and that should've been flagged

The problem is you're getting a one year shot with a 5 star QB. If he's not the right guy, you're going to completely waste that year then start back over with an unproven QB situation.
But those QBs will have a year in the system. If Rattler is as good as advertised there should be several games with available mop up duty for those QBs.

But those QBs will have a year in the system. If Rattler is as good as advertised there should be several games with available mop up duty for those QBs.

My comment was about Satterfield not Rattler.

Do you guys not even bother the exchange before trying to find a reason to argue with me?

Reactions: Lurker123
If Bailey is 2022, he probably expects to redshirt as a true freshman and acclimate to college life, put on some muscle and learn the playbook. Then as a redshirt freshman can fight to be the primary backup to Rattler. Rattler will be gone to the NFL by his sophomore year, so in a perfect scenario he can start at SC for 3 years. I am sure that was how it is being sold.

Rattler will only be at USC for one year.

You mentioned starting the following year with an unproven QB. That’s about neither...

Think, and read again. If Rattler is here for only one year, only Satterfield gets a shot at coaching him. Then, if a change is made, the next OC missed the chance to coach rattler, and has less experienced qb's. (Regardless of their mop up duty)

Seriously, there's enough debate going back and forth that we don't need to intentionally misunderstand each other to have something to argue about.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Would you like to site any games in particular? Only thing I can think of is again when the Clemson player shoved him and that should've been flagged
Sure, but I’m not going to get into an immature piddling contest to “prove” my point; I know Beamer mentioned twice after games they wanted to see Vann go after those with a bit more effort and I agree, one was the aTM game; I’ll leave it at that. You guys suit yourselves; it’ll manifest again soon enough. He’s great when he doesn’t have to work for it.

Reactions: Dizzy01
That would be curious; having two highly rated QBs transfer in to one place - here. If - *IF* - true, what does that mean for Doty, Gauthier, and B. Davis? I mean depth is nice, but I don’t see us keeping 5 scholarship QBs.
Quarterback inventory is critical. we Need a better inventory than last year. After 2022, those who don’t see action are portal.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach

Vann was also injured for the Clemson game and couldn't jump.

Think, and read again. If Rattler is here for only one year, only Satterfield gets a shot at coaching him. Then, if a change is made, the next OC missed the chance to coach rattler, and has less experienced qb's. (Regardless of their mop up duty)

Seriously, there's enough debate going back and forth that we don't need to intentionally misunderstand each other to have something to argue about.
Nothing was intentionally misunderstood, Watson is always changing the subject midstream. Nothing in the post I responded to alluded to anything in your post.

Nothing was intentionally misunderstood, Watson is always changing the subject midstream. Nothing in the post I responded to alluded to anything in your post.

lol I literally changed nothing about the subject.

You’re just completely unable to admit when you’re wrong.

I seriously hope it's intentional, because you just did it again.

I hear you say that Watson always changes the subject. But if this thread is an example, I'm pretty sure it's you who simply can't follow along with simple conversations.

Reactions: uscwatson21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT