ADVERTISEMENT

If you could bring back any recent President right now

Yes, there is a lot of hypocrisy, isn't there? Of course, ending a life would seem worse than other transgressions. Happily, none of this applies to me.
Don’t know. Outside of the first one the message is the other commandments are all about the same. Killing comes in at #5 and he has 6-9 pretty much on lockdown.

Don’t know. Outside of the first one the message is the other commandments are all about the same. Killing comes in at #5 and he has 6-9 pretty much on lockdown.

Ridiculous, isn't it? Saying "Goddamn" is just as bad as murder. People will believe anything.

I applaud your post a whole hell of a lot.

And, since since you are a Republican and I used to be, may I ask what the heck happened to the GOP? I tend to blame Newt Gingrich and his brand of a----holishness for a lot of the problems we face in getting Congress to work, but in fairness it takes two to tango.

(I'm no Democrat now, nor a Liberterian -- more of an independent if I'm anything. I've had my fill of partisan yahoos pointing fingers).
Ah good ole Newt. Bashing Clinton for an intern while he’s having an affair with his secretary.

And then there is this gem blaming his previous comments on Coronavirus on it being covered by the evil media:

Newt Gingrich

✔@newtgingrich
A reporter asked me today why conservatives were initially so skeptical of the threat of the coronavirus. I tried to explain that one of the dangerous consequences of having a totally dishonest left wing news media was that most Americans discounted their hysteria as phony.

Not most Americans just those that depend on FN for their only source of information.

I would actually appreciate it if you did provide some of those articles. Then perhaps you can find some of that footage that Rollerdude has ostensibly seen, yet won't provide.
There is something called google...use it. Interestingly enough you can find hundreds of articles basically stating so many different scenarios. Belief what you want at this point.

I didn't mean ALL Christians. I apologize if that's how it came off. The Christian majority will vote anti abortion. Jmo. I think those numbers are skewed also. It depends on how you ask that question. I don't think those numbers would be the same if you ask about late term abortion
I believe you should state that as pro life, not the term anti abortion. You are saving a life rather than killing one.

I wonder how many abortions Trump has paid for in all his years of philandering and pussy-grabbing?
Of course you are without sin right. You can cast stones because you are the embodiment of perfection. Judge on brotha, do your thang.Eyeroll

Reactions: howard13
No different than saying the death penalty is okay but abortion isn’t.

There is a difference. Someone having their life ended by the state has committed an incredibly egregious offense. A fetus has not. I'm against the death penalty anyway unless there is video of a capital crime or an admission from a mentally competent suspect. Too many chances for wrongful conviction otherwise.

There is something called google...use it. Interestingly enough you can find hundreds of articles basically stating so many different scenarios. Belief what you want at this point.

Yeah, normally people will bolster their claim with some semblance of proof, but not you, you renegade.

Yeah, normally people will bolster their claim with some semblance of proof, but not you, you renegade.
Proof? Show me proof...problem is Trump has been caught in so many lies you really don't know if he is ever telling the truth. Can't wait for the Presidential debates...ought to be a fun event

Proof? Show me proof...problem is Trump has been caught in so many lies you really don't know if he is ever telling the truth. Can't wait for the Presidential debates...ought to be a fun event

So happy I voted for Gary Johnson, but, yeah, I also can't wait for the debates. A bawdy, conceited orange that has done a decent job versus a doddering, senile despot that belongs in a nursing home instead of the White House.

I believe you should state that as pro life, not the term anti abortion. You are saving a life rather than killing one.
Interesting debating abortion...the Government will spend millions trying to do away with abortion but yet won't spend a dime on programs to support all these unwanted children. Personally I don't like seeing any abortions but would be hard pressed to be against it if I had a 15 yr old daughter who got Raped. At the end of the day they will have to answer to their God.

Reactions: Expro19
Trump implemented a Travel Ban on China on January 31. He knew about the virus in November. The Ban should have been a lot sooner. He probably needs to stop patting himself on the back for that one.

Was anybody calling for a travel ban from China any earlier? All I can recall hearing from Democrats was that a travel ban was racist hysteria.

I don't care where you are on the political spectrum, Trump is busting his a*s for the American people right now.

Even a notoriously anti-Trump CNN anchor had to give props:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/cnn-anchor-doubles-down-on-trump-praise-after-left-wing-backlash

Trump has been praised by the extremely anti-Trump mayor of NYC:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-new-york-governor-cuomo-praises-trump-gives-patriotic-message

...and the anti-Trump governor of CA:

https://www.newsweek.com/california...s-response-every-single-thing-he-said-1491294

It's truly the small-minded folks who are digging in their heels on making this a partisan issue.

Of course you are without sin right. You can cast stones because you are the embodiment of perfection. Judge on brotha, do your thang.Eyeroll
In this case, I will. I have very little patience for hypocrites (both the Orange Man and his followers).

I don't care where you are on the political spectrum, Trump is busting his a*s for the American people right now.

Even a notoriously anti-Trump CNN anchor had to give props:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/cnn-anchor-doubles-down-on-trump-praise-after-left-wing-backlash

Trump has been praised by the extremely anti-Trump mayor of NYC:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-new-york-governor-cuomo-praises-trump-gives-patriotic-message

...and the anti-Trump governor of CA:

https://www.newsweek.com/california...s-response-every-single-thing-he-said-1491294

It's truly the small-minded folks who are digging in their heels on making this a partisan issue.
You know what...you're right. As a so-called Trump hater I am encouraged for the things he has done over the last few days. This is bigger then the political race, there are people and businesses at stake now.

Reactions: JDishnell
You know what...you're right. As a so-called Trump hater I am encouraged for the things he has done over the last few days. This is bigger then the political race, there are people and businesses at stake now.

Who are you and what have you done with psmith5532?

Reactions: psmith5532
The same way they sit there after supporting adultery, lying, etc. I’m pretty sure I never read a passage in the Bible that says this one thing is critical but the rest is optional.

great point. Or gluttony

While many churchgoers have heard their pastors warn against the dangers of indulging in sin we almost never hear about the sin of indulgence. This wasn’t always the case, for gluttony was once listed among the Seven Deadly Sins. The book of Proverbs even tells us to, “Put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony (23:2).” Yet how many Christians today would even consider gluttony to be a sin at all?

it can apply to toys, television, entertainment, sex, or relationships. It is about an excess of anything.

great point. Or gluttony

While many churchgoers have heard their pastors warn against the dangers of indulging in sin we almost never hear about the sin of indulgence. This wasn’t always the case, for gluttony was once listed among the Seven Deadly Sins. The book of Proverbs even tells us to, “Put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony (23:2).” Yet how many Christians today would even consider gluttony to be a sin at all?

it can apply to toys, television, entertainment, sex, or relationships. It is about an excess of anything.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/kevin-deyoung/but-what-about-gluttony/

I am also happy your aunt had a choice. I'm in favor of more abortion and population reduction worldwide.

As for red herrings and/or straw man arguments, one of the most absurd is the bi-annual deploracrat claim that (R)'s are going to appoint SCOTUS justices to overturn Roe vs. Wade. Republican appointed justices have been a majority on the SCOTUS since before the Roe decision, except for some periods of time between there being an empty seat and that seat being filled. At no time during that period has the SCOTUS had a majority of (D) appointed justices. If not a singe (D) appointed justice had voted in the majority on Roe, the decision still would've stood, as 5 of the 7 in the majority were appointed by an (R). So, the overwhelming majority of time since BEFORE Roe vs. Wade until present day has seen a SCOTUS with a majority appointed by (R)'s, yet specious claims that old white men want to take away choice abound.

Well, the claim is true but it’s not just because of because of SCOTUS justices. It’s because many state legislatures dominated by those old white men keep proposing restrictions on abortion. Men have always tried to control women. That’s not new. If you can’t control them with making the better argument on the merits, enact a law.

of course any student of history knows the Republican Party of today is a far cry from the Republican Party of the 1960s and 1970s (same with Democrats). Moderate, pro choice republicans were a force in the Republican Party in those days. Obviously that is not the case anymore as most moderate republicans are gone. Just as pro life democrats had a strong voice in those days. That’s over.

in many ways, the Roe v Wade debate is a red herring. Doing away with Roe won’t end abortion. It just returns it to the states where some states will outlaw it, others will enact less restrictive laws to make it easier.

no law will end abortion. People will always seek abortion services as they have for all time. Women with means to travel will have many options. Poor people, and younger teens won’t.

Reactions: xTHExNERFxHAMMERx
Who are you and what have you done with psmith5532?
Good one...Man I just won't this crap over with. I'm tired fighting this. As a small business owner this may do me in if it lasts into the Summer. So with that said i can only Hope Trump deals with this as swiftly as possible...because there is a whole lot of people counting on him. If not then he will be dealt with come November.

Why don't we take a look at the President's own words for a clue as to how on top of this he actually is...

Direct Trump Quotes:

January20: “I know more about viruses than anyone.”
January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
February 24: “The Corona virus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Corona virus.”
February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on Corona Virus.”
March 9: “This blindsided the world.”
March 13: “National emergency, two big words.”

Why don't we take a look at the President's own words for a clue as to how on top of this he actually is...

Direct Trump Quotes:

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
February 24: “The Corona virus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Corona virus.”
February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on Corona Virus.”
You forgot March 17: ““This is a pandemic, I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

Well, the claim is true but it’s not just because of because of SCOTUS justices. It’s because many state legislatures dominated by those old white men keep proposing restrictions on abortion. Men have always tried to control women. That’s not new. If you can’t control them with making the better argument on the merits, enact a law.

of course any student of history knows the Republican Party of today is a far cry from the Republican Party of the 1960s and 1970s (same with Democrats). Moderate, pro choice republicans were a force in the Republican Party in those days. Obviously that is not the case anymore as most moderate republicans are gone. Just as pro life democrats had a strong voice in those days. That’s over.

in many ways, the Roe v Wade debate is a red herring. Doing away with Roe won’t end abortion. It just returns it to the states where some states will outlaw it, others will enact less restrictive laws to make it easier.

no law will end abortion. People will always seek abortion services as they have for all time. Women with means to travel will have many options. Poor people, and younger teens won’t.

The claim is certainly not true, and history is evidence of this. I was quite clear in what I meant when I wrote about the "...claim that (R)'s are going to appoint SCOTUS justices to overturn Roe vs. Wade." Then I provided historical evidence of the absurdity of the claim. And this is not just based on old SCOTUS justices from the 60's and 70's. There have been four (R) appointed justices in less than 15 years, and five since 1991, yet the SCOTUS hasn't dared to endanger abortion.

Good one...Man I just won't this crap over with. I'm tired fighting this. As a small business owner this may do me in if it lasts into the Summer. So with that said i can only Hope Trump deals with this as swiftly as possible...because there is a whole lot of people counting on him. If not then he will be dealt with come November.[/QUOTE

I'm with you. I'm a small business owner as well. 60% of my customer base is restaurants and bars. I would normally be slammed, there is nothing coming in right now, but it's worse for those people. They count on Spring break and the Bridge Run to get their seasons started.

I was taking a good-natured jab at you, but if you are an anti-Trumper you did an excellent job of being objective, at least your last 2 posts. I don't agree with all of the moves made by the administration, but Trump has gotten the private sector involved in a way I've never seen done before and I think on balance he's done a lot right.

The claim is certainly not true, and history is evidence of this. I was quite clear in what I meant when I wrote about the "...claim that (R)'s are going to appoint SCOTUS justices to overturn Roe vs. Wade." Then I provided historical evidence of the absurdity of the claim. And this is not just based on old SCOTUS justices from the 60's and 70's. There have been four (R) appointed justices in less than 15 years, and five since 1991, yet the SCOTUS hasn't dared to endanger abortion.
While I agree with your original sentiment it’s not just the Democrats who make that claim about using the Supreme Court to make changes. That’s a selling point of the Republican Party as well even though they have shown they have zero intention of doing it.

While I agree with your original sentiment it’s not just the Democrats who make that claim about using the Supreme Court to make changes. That’s a selling point of the Republican Party as well even though they have shown they have zero intention of doing it.

Yep. Gullible (R) evangelicals that believe such nonsense, yet keep getting the rug pulled from under them. They'll never learn.

I pine for a large, sensible, pragmatic third party in the United States. A place for Sam Nunn (D)'s or John Kasich (R)'s.

Reactions: Dizzy01
WOFJRP
I'm a Moderate Republican if there is such a thing anymore...and although I don't like Trump (and haven't like him for the past 20 years) I don't wish him to fail. Because if he fails then ultimately we all fail. If they would just delete his tweeter account his life would be so much easier. He just continues to put his foot in his mouth.

WOFJRP
I'm a Moderate Republican if there is such a thing anymore...and although I don't like Trump (and haven't like him for the past 20 years) I don't wish him to fail. Because if he fails then ultimately we all fail. If they would just delete his tweeter account his life would be so much easier. He just continues to put his foot in his mouth.

It's a real conundrum with Trump and that Twitter. I think he would be more positively received without being so brash and tweeting so much, but I'm not sure he would've been elected had he not been that way.

Yep. Gullible (R) evangelicals that believe such nonsense, yet keep getting the rug pulled from under them. They'll never learn.

I pine for a large, sensible, pragmatic third party in the United States. A place for Sam Nunn (D)'s or John Kasich (R)'s.
Hell...get rid of the Party system all together and have people run on their actual beliefs. People would freak out if they couldn't pull the ole straight ticket lever.

Reactions: Dizzy01
It's a real conundrum with Trump and that Twitter. I think he would be more positively received without being so brash and tweeting so much, but I'm not sure he would've been elected had he not been that way.

Absolutely. Gotta defend yourself these days. The left and their media minions will destroy you if you try to take the high road like GWB, McCain in 2008, and Romney.

well, that is because of ONE justice- Kennedy. Without him, it would have certainly been changed.

Your problem now is you are expecting people to overlook what Trump said about just that:
in an interview with Fox News's Chris Wallace:

WALLACE: You just said you want to see the court protect the Second Amendment. Do you want to see the court overturn Roe v. Wade?

TRUMP: Well, if we put another two or perhaps three justices on, that's really what’s going to be — that will happen and that will happen automatically in my opinion because I am putting pro-life justices on the court.

If you are suggesting Republicans are all smoke and mirrors when it comes to talking about abortion, I agree with you. Heck, just a few years ago one of the biggest anti abortion Reps in Congress got caught urging his mistress to have an abortion.

Anti-abortion congressman urged his mistress to have one, report says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...bortion-tim-murphy-mistress-affair/730306001/

Direct Trump Quotes:

I noticed you left out that he declare a nation health emergency back in JANUARY.

I notice you left out that he quarantined people, first time here in the US in 50 years, in JANUARY.

I noticed that you left out the he created a Coronavirus task force with some of the best medical advisors in the world in JANUARY.

All this before a test for the virus was even created. Random quotes taken out of context with no regard to his actual actions are misleading and dishonest if you are try to figure out how "on top" of it he was. His actions CLEARLY show that he was on top of it.

WOFJRP

I agree with this. I don't even consider myself a moderate, but maybe I am in today's terms. I agree with what you said here. As a student of political history, and someone who has been involved with politics for years, what we are seeing in the GOP isn't a matter of the party getting more conservative; it's becoming more nationalist/ populist. We have seen a similar transition throughout Europe recently as well.

Many of the policies the President supports are not conservative at all (i.e. the massive amounts of spending---more than any administration in history---, the expansion of the executive branch, the promotion of anti-free trade protectionism, giving Americans relief monies, bailing out whole industries, etc...). Just like in Europe, the major differences between the two big parties comes down to relatively minor "wedge issues"(social issues for the most part here in the US) now. This is one of the primary reasons you see twitter used so extensively, because you can consistently push narratives and these "wedge issues".

When it comes down to "brass tacks", there isn't much of a difference between the two parties. The Democrats are just as much socialists as Republicans are fascists (meaning its just politics to label either of these parties as such). These are false narratives used to rally political support, where the actual differences between the two is slight at best.

We all need to come back down to earth, stop believing talk show hosts (or radio hosts), and have empathy for our fellow man. Conservatives and Liberals both, overwhelmingly, love their country.

Reactions: psmith5532
I agree with this. I don't even consider myself a moderate, but maybe I am in today's terms. I agree with what you said here. As a student of political history, and someone who has been involved with politics for years, what we are seeing in the GOP isn't a matter of the party getting more conservative; it's becoming more nationalist/ populist. We have seen a similar transition throughout Europe recently as well.

Many of the policies the President supports are not conservative at all (i.e. the massive amounts of spending---more than any administration in history---, the expansion of the executive branch, the promotion of anti-free trade protectionism, giving Americans relief monies, bailing out whole industries, etc...). Just like in Europe, the major differences between the two big parties comes down to relatively minor "wedge issues"(social issues for the most part here in the US) now. This is one of the primary reasons you see twitter used so extensively, because you can consistently push narratives and these "wedge issues".

When it comes down to "brass tacks", there isn't much of a difference between the two parties. The Democrats are just as much socialists as Republicans are fascists (meaning its just politics to label either of these parties as such). These are false narratives used to rally political support, where the actual differences between the two is slight at best.

We all need to come back down to earth, stop believing talk show hosts (or radio hosts), and have empathy for our fellow man. Conservatives and Liberals both, overwhelmingly, love their country.

If ever there was a time to become more "nationalist" this is it. We have put ourselves in a precarious position by allowing China to control pharmaceuticals. We are at their mercy. This isn't something that was done by one party or the other. Politicians from both parties have been feeding at the trough of the Chinese for decades.
When even the Pentagon is purchasing goods from China it should be obvious something is completely out of whack.

If ever there was a time to become more "nationalist" this is it. We have put ourselves in a precarious position by allowing China to control pharmaceuticals. We are at their mercy. This isn't something that was done by one party or the other. Politicians from both parties have been feeding at the trough of the Chinese for decades.
When even the Pentagon is purchasing goods from China it should be obvious something is completely out of whack.
Think how easy it would have been to provide significant tax breaks to companies who bought US goods as opposed to simply giving them the world and then being shocked when they don’t change business practices and use their new free money to buy back stocks to prop up executive bonuses.

Reactions: Fearless Gamecock
You're right, of course. How someone can sit in a pew and profess love for God on Sunday, then vote to end life on Tuesday is an intellectual and moral 180. I personally don't care, as I'm a godless heathen, and most abortions are merely terminating future societal burdens and/or democrats. It's addition by subtraction.

This is such a nice thing to see a fellow human being actually put on paper. You should have been one of these.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT