ADVERTISEMENT

Is winning on Sat. possible?

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
First and foremost the team has to ignore us and play for the pride of being a Gamecock. The ones who don't want to lay it on the line should play sick on Saturday. Secondly, the fans should imagine they are actually at the 2010 Bama game and inspire our guys to forget social media or which ever coach they resent and do what we brought them here to do. Be a football player or transfer this is big boy football with no participation trophy pending. If the coaches don't coach Tanner should fire them DURING the game. Thirdly, Clemson has to live up to their history of not playing well at WB. That's where the fans come in. Look, we all understand '14 and '15 kicked us in the balls but this is Clemson and when did true Carolina fans start believing we can't beat Clemson at our place? The Tigers have had their important wins at home but WB ain't their home. They haven't been to WB and heard and experienced what they should experience on Saturday gang. Bottom line is we will have to play lights out and Clemson has to make mistakes but with effort we could cause those mistakes. It's football folks and the Gamecocks last shot at redemption so suck it up. TO THE PLAYERS: Where is your pride as football players? You can be remembered as the team with 3 wins this week or the 4 win team that left Clemson drowning in their own arrogance. We asked you to come the Carolina because we thought you were good enough to be Gamecocks so man up. This is Clemson and just like in a race what's behind you ain't important! Play for the glory, forget everything else. If you lose take it like a man but if you win act like you have been there before. One last shot fellas make it count. And yes I know for a fact some of you do read these boards.

First and foremost the team has to ignore us and play for the pride of being a Gamecock. The ones who don't want to lay it on the line should play sick on Saturday. Secondly, the fans should imagine they are actually at the 2010 Bama game and inspire our guys to forget social media or which ever coach they resent and do what we brought them here to do. Be a football player or transfer this is big boy football with no participation trophy pending. If the coaches don't coach Tanner should fire them DURING the game. Thirdly, Clemson has to live up to their history of not playing well at WB. That's where the fans come in. Look, we all understand '14 and '15 kicked us in the balls but this is Clemson and when did true Carolina fans start believing we can't beat Clemson at our place? The Tigers have had their important wins at home but WB ain't their home. They haven't been to WB and heard and experienced what they should experience on Saturday gang. Bottom line is we will have to play lights out and Clemson has to make mistakes but with effort we could cause those mistakes. It's football folks and the Gamecocks last shot at redemption so suck it up. TO THE PLAYERS: Where is your pride as football players? You can be remembered as the team with 3 wins this week or the 4 win team that left Clemson drowning in their own arrogance. We asked you to come the Carolina because we thought you were good enough to be Gamecocks so man up. This is Clemson and just like in a race what's behind you ain't important! Play for the glory, forget everything else. If you lose take it like a man but if you win act like you have been there before. One last shot fellas make it count. And yes I know for a fact some of you do read these boards.
It's possible, but it would take an effort like last year's UGA game.

Unfortunately, we start slow, and Clemson starts fast. That's an extremely bad combination.

We will need to help to win and we have to stay close at half. Our guys can't quit on a single play to have a shot and that puts the ball in their court.

To answer your original question...NO!

Clemson living up to their history not playing well at wb?? Huh? Clemson is 51-32 in Columbia. Clemson beat sc 63-17 and 45-0 at wb. I can't quite figure out where your coming from. Do you mean they haven't played well in the last 3 games there? That I would agree with.

No I really think S.Car has a chance....IF Brandon Wilds decides to play, if Cooper can get past Mack Alexander for one play the entire game....If Deshaun Watson actually breaks BOTH his legs in practice this week....IF Fat Dabo Elliot dangles those OL titties just right.....I mean c'mon guys..never give up hope!!!! And hey, if it don't happen, ya'll still got that big velvet elvis banner to be proud of.

The difference between us and Clemson coaches and fans is they always think they can compete. They would rather light a candle than curse the dark. They believe it and hire coaches who also believe it. That's why we play at noon and they get cameras on their team bus. They defend their team win or lose in most cases while we post propaganda for them. Might really be something to that "all in" slogan huh?

Reactions: SportsSuites1
No I really think S.Car has a chance....IF Brandon Wilds decides to play, if Cooper can get past Mack Alexander for one play the entire game....If Deshaun Watson actually breaks BOTH his legs in practice this week....IF Fat Dabo Elliot dangles those OL titties just right.....I mean c'mon guys..never give up hope!!!! And hey, if it don't happen, ya'll still got that big velvet elvis banner to be proud of.
Yeah we need to get us a rock.

Reactions: Tidal Creek Cock

Maybe, but our players have no heart or pride... They packed it in and waiting for the Spring...

Gamecocks can win the game if our guys play up to their ability and we manage to make it a close game.
We have the players to get it done. Hopefully our coaches will do their best job of the year and we will not try some stupidity that blows up on us.
We need to try to play SOUND FOOTBALL, not come up with idiotic plays where we throw it to some OL 10 yards from the goal line hoping he can outrun the defense and score.
I hope our coaches are stressing sound basic football this week. Not some insane game plan.

Yes maybe 30%

30% seems a little high. I'd say more along the lines of 15%. You never know about rivalry games in college football though. A few turnovers here, a couple of big plays to Cooper there and you got a ball game. Crazier things have happened.

Best them by double digits 5 years n row. And last 3 times in Williams Brice Obviously we are far from where we were. But can we beat taters ? Yes. Will it take is playing error free And playing way we did against Tennessee etc yes. Key is starting fast unlike we have been lately

No. Their players are tough. The will make a point to set the tone from the opening snap. We have players that take themselves out of games. No pride. Willpower. Fortitude

No, but that's not because I'm negative but because I've watched us play this year. The better question is if we can hang with them for at least the first quarter.

The real question is will it be worse than63-17 I think it will. We might be in danger of giving up 100.

I'm going to say this. Clemson has looked very average since claiming #1 spot. They could stop state, struggled against average FSU team, and looked bad against Wake. That being said we can't expose them.

Odds are no but Citadel beat us do I guess about anything is possible. Clemson beat us at Clemson in 1980 or 1982 I think when we were about a 20 point favorite. I guess you just gotta believe miracles still happen.

4 of Clemson wins are against 3 win teams, GT, Cuse, BC & WF . Since we haven't played a full 4 quarter game, let's let it happen Saturday. Go Cocks!

Sounds a bit critical when you consider that your Power 5 wins came against 2 teams that have 4 wins between them. SC would struggle to split 4 games with the above mentioned teams. Remember that "objective" observers rank the SEC East as the worst division in Power 5 college football. 3 of the above teams play in the ACC Atlantic which is ranked as the 2nd toughest division.

Clemson is 9-4 in Williams Brice since 1988. Also has an all time winning record there. Now sure what history you are talking about.

Thanks for the history lesson. Since you're so full of answers, then how about answer one more question? What's Clemson's record at WB under Datboy? Don't you think that's a little more relevant than games played in the 90's?

I'm hearing that the tater AD is banning Tajh Boyd from being on the sideline Saturday, so someone believes we have a chance. Just saying :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT