ADVERTISEMENT

Josiah James

USCBIRDS

Oct 9, 2006
So...Apparently we have been eliminated from his final four. We are taking a serious bath on the in-State players for 2019. Hope FM can do a better job with the 2020 recruits.

So...Apparently we have been eliminated from his final four. We are taking a serious bath on the in-State players for 2019. Hope FM can do a better job with the 2020 recruits.
It doesn't matter what his top-4 says. Dude is going to Duke. I get so sick of the Blue Blood schools coming in and cherry picking the top talent from our state.

Carey Rich said this morning to not make his final 4 was really discouraging news for the staff.

He also admitted he didn’t know why the staff was having a lack of success with state recruits. He feels like they are doing everything they can.

Reactions: king ward
Carey Rich said this morning to not make his final 4 was really discouraging news for the staff.

He also admitted he didn’t know why the staff was having a lack of success with state recruits. He feels like they are doing everything they can.

You can come up with every excuse in the book but how many coaches do you see still having success with the on court personality that our coach has? I like Coach Martin, love his passion but the lifeline of a program is recruiting and our's is at a point where we can't pull top talent from our state. I just don't think top kids will ever be attracted to our program because of on court demeanor. (hope I'm wrong)

If you can't build on a Final Four then what do you have left to sale?

I think we will be ok this year, have some talent coming in but we take a lot of projects. Hoping Coach gets it turned around and finds a way to bring in talent from within our state.

Clearly, all of you are taters. That FFF doesn't have a triple lifetime contract making 3.4 trillion a year is a terrible injustice! I bet if we kick it up to 5 trillion he'll even consider coaching in March.

Clearly, all of you are taters. That FFF doesn't have a triple lifetime contract making 3.4 trillion a year is a terrible injustice! I bet if we kick it up to 5 trillion he'll even consider coaching in March.
You need to get a life and quit with all the FFF stuff(as if it’s demeaning—news flash: it’s not).

Reactions: Gaimcock
You can come up with every excuse in the book but how many coaches do you see still having success with the on court personality that our coach has? I like Coach Martin, love his passion but the lifeline of a program is recruiting and our's is at a point where we can't pull top talent from our state. I just don't think top kids will ever be attracted to our program because of on court demeanor. (hope I'm wrong)

If you can't build on a Final Four then what do you have left to sale?

I think we will be ok this year, have some talent coming in but we take a lot of projects. Hoping Coach gets it turned around and finds a way to bring in talent from within our state.
Respectfully, we ought to be well beyond "ok" by now.

If that's true, well, I don't want to get into what it means if that's true.

Reactions: rogue cock
No good excuse for missing on all these guys. If I were FM, I would probably fire all of my assistants. Like WM says...If you can’t recruit, you can’t work here.

Not to mention girls B ball has shown they can pack em in the stadium with good teams. Get the good players and the fans will be there. Between Bowen not ever playing and missing on Zion and these 19 guys it just seems like we’re totally missing the jump start this program needed after the final four run.
I just can’t believe a final four hasn’t paid dividends

Alabama beat us for an in state recruit.
Basketball season tickets are considered a punishment for Bama fans.
Frank Martin just can't recuit.

Alabama beat us for an in state recruit.
Basketball season tickets are considered a punishment for Bama fans.
Frank Martin just can't recuit.

Bama was top 15 in basketball attendance nationally last year so they do care. Frank cant keep guys instate though.

Reactions: king ward
I don't understand all the hand wringing; it doesn't matter if the players are from in-state or out-of-state. Frank signed a good class this year and a decent class last year.

I don't understand all the hand wringing; it doesn't matter if the players are from in-state or out-of-state. Frank signed a good class this year and a decent class last year.
Perhaps. I wasn't impressed...thought it was pretty much the same caliber of player he has been getting. But he will have the time to prove it as the FF bought him at least 3 more years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT