ADVERTISEMENT

Kimrey leaving

TAV31

Sep 1, 2011
Saw something say he's leaving to go coach high school. Interesting move. Wonder why. Doesn't seem normal.

Good lord, we can't enjoy positive momentum for long as a Gamecock! Maybe they aren't happy about Spencer just coming in and taking over without having to prove it at all. Idk.

• Haha
Reactions: Macc Maine
Good lord, we can't enjoy positive momentum for long as a Gamecock! Maybe they aren't happy about Spencer just coming in and taking over without having to prove it at all. Idk.
He'll get to prove it in the spring.

I smell a rat
Someone mention rat?

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I heard from a different source, but have always been up front that it was hearsay, rumor, etc.

I think we'll be waiting a long time if we expect to prove rumors with evidence.
Yeah those two aren't going to toss a grenade on their way out the door. They love our alma mater too much.

If it came down to a choice between Stepp and Satterfield, Beamer would be crazy to keep Satterfield.
Was Stepp a groomsman in Beamer's wedding?

The best offensive performances (2 really good games) last season was when Satterfield had multiple weeks to prepare for horrible defenses. Unfortunately, he will usually have only one week to get his act together and won't usually be so lucky as to prepare for a sorry defense. I hope Beamer knew what he was doing when he decided to hold on to Satterfield.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
You NEVER EVER hire friends and family…. If the rumors are true about Satt being an A$$ and other coaches having issues, Beamer should have let him go. Does Spurrier Jr. ring a bell

Last edited:
Same "people" that told you about the "soft landing" for Satterfield somewhere else?

When I told you over and over and over again that he wasn't going anywhere.
Look Sarah, I know you're happy your husband finagled another year of unwarranted money from my alma mater. So I guess we'll have to hope he finally gets good at his job for once.

I also hope he's invested wisely. Because hopefully this is the last year anyone will ever entrust the offense to him at any level.

Reactions: Lurker123
Yeah those two aren't going to toss a grenade on their way out the door. They love our alma mater too much.
You’re probably right about that but if they love their alma mater and they’re both leaving, it’s concerning to say the least…..

You’re probably right about that but if they love their alma mater and they’re both leaving, it’s concerning to say the least…..
Oh definitely. That's why I said that. I would be shocked if they or Beamer said something to the effect of "Well, they're leaving because Marcus doesn't play well with others. But with his... stellar history of playcalling, I feel he's more important to the program." 😏

If Kimrey is leaving for a High School job as it appears then to me it's not a bad sign. If he was going to MSU or something as a TE coach I would be concerned. Maybe he just has an incredible offer and wants to get back to the high school culture.
Shaw never seemed like he wanted to be here to me. I am probably wrong on that but he does not seem to be fired up to coach right now.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Oh definitely. That's why I said that. I would be shocked if they or Beamer said something to the effect of "Well, they're leaving because Marcus doesn't play well with others. But with his... stellar history of playcalling, I feel he's more important to the program." 😏

So Beamer is lying to cover for Satterfield. That's your stance.

LOL

I understand that nuance is completely lost to you. But that's called being diplomatic. 🙄

Riiiiiight. So, if he said nothing, it's true. If he confirms it, it's true. If he completely denies it, it's true.

You are right back where you were when you were buying into "rumors" that he was going somewhere else for a "soft landing". Just a few haters latching onto unfounded BS and saying it to each other so much that they talk themselves into believing it's true.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Riiiiiight. So, if he said nothing, it's true. If he confirms it, it's true. If he completely denies it, it's true.

I think you're arguing it backwards. Confirming or denying doesn't make it true. You're right about that .

But IF it were true, one would expect the coach to be diplomatic about it, and not call it out. People don't air dirty laundry, is one saying.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

You are right back where you were when you were buying into "rumors" that he was going somewhere else for a "soft landing". Just a few haters latching onto unfounded BS and saying it to each other so much that they talk themselves into believing it's true.
I'll let Lurker123's response stand as answer enough.

I think you're arguing it backwards. Confirming or denying doesn't make it true. You're right about that .

But IF it were true, one would expect the coach to be diplomatic about it, and not call it out. People don't air dirty laundry, is one saying.

Wrong.

Confirming would make it true. Duh.

Saying nothing leaves it open for people to make up their own mind, which allows howling monkeys to drive a false narrative, which could be damaging from a PR perspective.

Denying it makes it false, unless you are calling him a liar.

Nothing "diplomatic" in that statement. It's very clear. You and LC are just believing what you want to believe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT