ADVERTISEMENT

Kirby is such a jerk

What kind of coach stops his players on an undefeated team from a Gatorade bath? Maybe we can use this against him.
I’ll say this….he’s consistent. I remember before the game at Williams Brice in 2018 there was a Georgia player up on the bench doing Sandstorm hyping the crowd up just before kickoff. Kirby somehow caught a glimpse out of the corner of his eye and pulled the player down and gave him an a$$ chewing right before kickoff.

I see it as a coach sending a message that they have not won a championship and that there is work to be done.

What kind of coach stops his players on an undefeated team from a Gatorade bath? Maybe we can use this against him.
1. Georgia wasn't undefeated. 2. I hope that is the strategy Beamer uses while recruiting against Kirby. "Mom, dad, you really want your son to attend school at a place where the head coach wouldn't let players pour Gatorade on him? Does this sound like the best place for your son to hone his skills and get an education?"

I’ll say this….he’s consistent. I remember before the game at Williams Brice in 2018 there was a Georgia player up on the bench doing Sandstorm hyping the crowd up just before kickoff. Kirby somehow caught a glimpse out of the corner of his eye and pulled the player down and gave him an a$$ chewing right before kickoff.

I see it as a coach sending a message that they have not won a championship and that there is work to be done.
Kirby seems to get a lot of flack from other fanbases and I'm not sure why. I'll admit the guy has made a couple of qustionable in-game decisions. But he's a recruiting machine. He also coaches nonstop. He's up and down the sidelines, shouting instructions, coaching guys when they come off the field. Contrast that with Muschamp as a head coach - glasses down on his nose, staring at a clipboard, seemingly clueless as to what he should be doing. Kirby will get his national title. I said before the Michigan game that I think it's this year. I think he beats Saban in Indianapolis.

Kirby is an outstanding football coach and recruiter. Just look at the talent on that Georgia team. That tight end they got out of Napa California is a 'BALLER". Jordan Davis, Devonte Hallman. I can go on and on. We were within seconds of getting Kirby before he decided to go to Georgia.

Kirby seems to get a lot of flack from other fanbases and I'm not sure why. I'll admit the guy has made a couple of qustionable in-game decisions. But he's a recruiting machine. He also coaches nonstop. He's up and down the sidelines, shouting instructions, coaching guys when they come off the field. Contrast that with Muschamp as a head coach - glasses down on his nose, staring at a clipboard, seemingly clueless as to what he should be doing. Kirby will get his national title. I said before the Michigan game that I think it's this year. I think he beats Saban in Indianapolis.
He gets the flack because:
1. He’s successful. In this conference everyone hates a big winner unless he coaches your team.
2. He’s animated on the sidelines. He chewed Bennett’s butt for botching the clock before halftime. As a coach myself I didn’t personally have a problem with it, but others do not like “that style”

Good luck in the title game. Every team in every sport always thinks they’re coming back numerous times. Truth is this is your boys shot at being remembered forever. It’s happened to Alabama enough. I’m pulling for Georgia.

Reactions: alexj1 and Gaimcock
1. He’s successful. In this conference everyone hates a big winner unless he coaches your team.
2. He’s animated on the sidelines. He chewed Bennett’s butt for botching the clock before halftime. As a coach myself I didn’t personally have a problem with it, but others do not like “that style”

Good luck in the title game. Every team in every sport always thinks they’re coming back numerous times. Truth is this is your boys shot at being remembered forever. It’s happened to Alabama enough. I’m pulling for Georgia.
You're right about every team thinking they're coming back for a championship opportunity. I think I speak for all Dawg fans when I say we all thought a national title was at hand following the loss to Tua and Bama following the 2017 season. Didn't work out that way.

If UGA gets it done this year, assuming Bennett is the guy, he will be a UGA legend. Thanks for the support!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

That was horrendous clock management and the QB deserved to be chewed out for having no clock awareness. However, the Bulldogs left the field for the half with a timeout in their pocket. That was on Kirby, I think. Once it became obvious to him that his QB didn't realize time was limited (it became obvious to us at about the 1:15 mark), he should have called a timeout. Sure, he was trying to save the TO for a FG opportunity, but that priority goes out the window once you realize the QB doesn't know how much time is left in the half.

Also, I don't have a problem with refusing the Gatorade bath. Winning the semi-final was never their goal.

That was horrendous clock management and the QB deserved to be chewed out for having no clock awareness. However, the Bulldogs left the field for the half with a timeout in their pocket. That was on Kirby, I think. Once it became obvious to him that his QB didn't realize time was limited (it became obvious to us at about the 1:15 mark), he should have called a timeout. Sure, he was trying to save the TO for a FG opportunity, but that priority goes out the window once you realize the QB doesn't know how much time is left in the half.

Also, I don't have a problem with refusing the Gatorade bath. Winning the semi-final was never their goal.
Great point. Kirby really should have taken some of the blame. At any point in the process Kirby Smart could have intervened and called a timeout but he did not.

Kirby seems like a dumb guy that is good at certain things. Like, he's a guy that can replace the alternator in your car, but can't do simple multiplication.
Wow … just amazing the amount of disrespect in this post. I’ve worked in Railroad, heavy manufacturing, and transportation for 38 years and can assure you I’ve meet many highly educated idiots. I’ve also meet many very smart people that work with their hands and mind. I feel bad for you

Reactions: WGee and FORKCOCK
I'm not indicting your industry. I'm just saying I think Kirby is a dumb guy that is good at coaching football. You're reading too much into what I said.

I'm not indicting your industry. I'm just saying I think Kirby is a dumb guy that is good at coaching football. You're reading too much into what I said.
Well please don't forget that the ONLY reason ugaLY got Kirby is because Ray let it become known that we were interested in Smart ourselves (How dumb could we had been, huh??)!!

Hence, to prevent such a scoop from occuring and missing out on their very own wanted graduate, ugaLY axed Richt and replaced him w/ Smart, and of course we got Muschamp!

Just sayin'. But calling Smart dumb simply because he didn't wish to be "gatoraded" last night doesn't make much sense FWIW.

I was a Corporate Supervisor and worked in almost every state in the lower 48, Canada and Mexico. Rail yards, repair shops, rail car manufacturers, suppliers and foundries. I do understand your point but I suppose it’s a bit unfair to gauge intelligence in the way it was described. For the record I agree with you on Kirby. They won a big game and he should let the guys have their moment of glory. Arrogance is the best description in my mind.

How in the flying hell does UGA being this successful help us recruiting? I always look at the long term if I actually care about something (kind of like investing) but I see no benefit of them winning it all as far as we’re concerned. Yes, Kirbster must get the signature, but UGA has 5 stars lined up down the block, and Delp? Why would he even remotely consider us vs. UGA? A coworker Tater said, it wouldn’t be much different than us winning it all. Maybe, but we always seem to be in the mix recruiting wise with many top guys considering UGA, but its a damn hard sell if they keep going to the playoff, and God forbid win a title.

I was not high on CSB at all a few months ago, but as a player I’d rather play for him over Kirby any day despite the playoff hurdle, so hopefully he keeps moving in the right direction, because he is contagious.

Also, Michigan is an embarrassment. We had no idea which way was up back in September and went to Athens and scored 13. I feel confident in a game as big as last night we’d score more than 11….

Reactions: vacock#
He’s a jerk because he doesn’t want to celebrate just getting there? Beating Michigan doesn’t get them the National Championship, and that’s what he wants FOR THEM. It’s a good decision if you ask me, not a jerk move at all. It tells his team that they’re not done yet, that it’s too early to celebrate. If they win the next one(and I think they will)I’m sure he’ll be just fine with every cooler full of Gatorade being dumped on him.
You really actually think he’s a jerk for that?!!….Man…Smh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT