ADVERTISEMENT

lol, the hits keep coming on Caslen-gate

JDishnell

Oct 23, 2019
Boy, this statement by him 100% reeks of "he was told by the BOT to give Champ his support." No mistaking it.

"Our Athletic Director and I support Will Muschamp, and we look forward to him being our coach next year and for seasons to come.”

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...h-carolina/usc-football/article237581299.html

There is absolutely no other way to translate him going from "Mushcamp is my coach through the end of the year" to "we look forward to him being our coach next year and for seasons to come" other than the BOT got to him.

Just makes you wonder why the BOT and Ray are SO set on Muschamp. It's obviously not working. If they think we simply have to keep him b/c of the buyout, that's fine, but you don't have to force the President to go out and give fake overenthusiastic votes of confidence.

If the BOT is this cancerous, there may be no hope at all for our football program.

BOT simply MUST be gutted somehow.

They approved Tanner, they approved Muschamp, they approved the absurd buyout. The one move they got right, in hiring Caslen, they appear to be trying to thwart. Caslen is the ONLY person associated with this University who has said anything sensible about the future of the program and BOT very clearly forced him to walk those statements back.

Makes you ask the question: what's in it for our BOT if the football program sucks?

In case you need a tutorial...

This is what a truthful, statement sounds like:

"Coach Muschamp is my coach. That's the message. He will be my coach through the end of the season,and then, just like any other coach that's out there, whether it's a soccer coach, whether it's the equestrian coach, whatever, they're going to do an end-of-year assessment, the athletic director does. Then, we'll see what’s up.”

This is what a statement coerced by the BOT sounds like:

"Our Athletic Director and I support Will Muschamp, and we look forward to him being our coach next year and for seasons to come.”

sounds like caslen is saving face for the sake of the program til years end...then he will drop the hammer on muschamp. Dude is no snowflake

I dunno...from the sharp contrast in the 2 statements, it sounds to me like BOT forced him to walk his comments back. Those 2 statements are as night and day different as you can get.

BOT simply MUST be gutted somehow.

They approved Tanner, they approved Muschamp, they approved the absurd buyout. The one move they got right, in hiring Caslen, they appear to be trying to thwart. Caslen is the ONLY person associated with this University who has said anything sensible about the future of the program and BOT very clearly forced him to walk those statements back.

Makes you ask the question: what's in it for our BOT if the football program sucks?
So you are saying Caslen is a puppet? I don't buy it nor do I agree that he's the only one that said anything sensible. He's all over the place. Not much of a leader if he's a puppet to the BOT.

Last edited:
Boy, this statement by him 100% reeks of "he was told by the BOT to give Champ his support." No mistaking it.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...h-carolina/usc-football/article237581299.html

There is absolutely no other way to translate him going from "Mushcamp is my coach through the end of the year" to "we look forward to him being our coach next year and for seasons to come" other than the BOT got to him.

Just makes you wonder why the BOT and Ray are SO set on Muschamp. It's obviously not working. If they think we simply have to keep him b/c of the buyout, that's fine, but you don't have to force the President to go out and give fake overenthusiastic votes of confidence.

If the BOT is this cancerous, there may be no hope at all for our football program.[/QUOT
I was willing to wait and see what the deal was with Caslen. He's just another screwup in the line of administrators over the football pro

If the BOT is this cancerous, there may be no hope at all for our football program.

This is pure and simple....they are protecting their butts, all of them, the BOT, Caslen, AD, coaches. All but Muschamp don't really care about the football program, that's not their priority. And Muschamp, nice man, is not a head coach.

We care too much people. .when those in the position to change our situation only care about their jobs.

Reactions: Elgringo
So you are saying Caslen is a puppet? I don't buy I nor do I agree that he's the only one that said anything sensible. He's all over the place. Not much of a leader if he's a puppet to the BOT.

There's simply no way to explain the differences between his original statement and this one. The first clearly what he believed. This most recent one was clearly a prepared statement he was told to issue. Not saying he's a puppet, but the BOT obviously told him to walk back his comments.

There's simply no way to explain the differences between his original statement and this one. The first clearly what he believed. This most recent one was clearly a prepared statement he was told to issue. Not saying he's a puppet, but the BOT obviously told him to walk back his comments.

Caslen is in the Hornets nest. He needs to resign, and I was a BIG supporter.

He needs to shut his mouth. He has been getting bashed for his original statement to the newspaper and it's impact to the program, particularly recruiting. You used the words clearly and obviously. You are simply speculating to fit your narrative. He's made himself look very foolish.

Time will take care of him. He won't be resigning until he either takes another job or retires.
Where I disagree is when this goes south, and it will, they will all protect themselves and fire him, and blame it on the Governor.

He needs to shut his mouth. He has been getting bashed for his original statement to the newspaper and it's impact to the program, particularly recruiting. You used the words clearly and obviously. You are simply speculating to fit your narrative. He's made himself look very foolish.

As was already pointed out by someone else...no recruit is paying any attention to what a university president says.

So you are saying Caslen is a puppet? I don't buy I nor do I agree that he's the only one that said anything sensible. He's all over the place. Not much of a leader if he's a puppet to the BOT.

Like I said before, Caslen is a chain of command guy and won't buck the system. I've known him for a while. He won't buck the BOT. Even though I wasn't in favor of him as President, I thought he was smarter than to get himself in this type of mess.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Time will take care of him. He won't be resigning until he either takes another job or retires.
Like I said before, Caslen is a chain of command guy and won't buck the system. I've known him for a while. He won't buck the BOT. Even though I wasn't in favor of him as President, I thought he was smarter than to get himself in this type of mess.

I could definitely see him resigning and extricating himself from this 3 ring circus.

He's an accomplished guy and we are kind of small potatoes for someone like him anyway.

If he's a chain of command guy, why did he open his mouth to begin with? Then open it again, and again. Doesn't hold water.

BOT is definitely making mistakes, but it's a bit of a leap to say they're the only explanation for this. Caslen could've disliked the media response he got from his first statement, felt like it didn't really portray his true stance, and clarified it a bit. I'm not saying the BOT didn't have anything to do with it, but we don't know the truth based on the evidence we have in front of us. I agree it doesn't pass the smell test with flying colors, but we just don't know.

Reactions: viennacocks
if you polled every guy we're currently recruiting, I doubt 2 of them could name our president
Doesn't matter. Opponents are certainly telling recruits that our AD is working with Florida State on a buy-out and that Champ does not have their support. I've been recruited. I know how this works. The BOT and President have armed our opponents. That's how this thing work. They don't need to know our president's name or even our AD's name.

if you polled every guy we're currently recruiting, I doubt 2 of them could name our president

Agreed. However, that doesn't mean opposing coaches who are recruiting kids we are trying to get won't use anything and everything they can against us. They will more than gladly alert a potential recruit to any instability, real or perceived, in our program.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
USC administration=village of idiots. Caslen has been informed we're financially stuck with Muschamp (thanks to Ray's stupid contract extension signed by BOT) so now he makes a generic statement expressing his endless gratitude for Will.

Last edited:
USC administration=village of idiots. Caslen has been informed we're financially stuck with Muschamp (thanks to Ray's stupid contract extension signed by BOT) so now he makes a generic statement expressing his endless gratitude for Will.

If that is true then we are doomed as a program for at least the next 5 years. Might as well be on probation.

It was my assumption. I'd love to wrong

That would make sense. I had been liking caslen. I hope i wasn’t wrong. It is going to make it so no quality coach would want to be involved in this crap. The people that would solve issues at the university are the ones responsible. Hard to believe that only 6 years ago we finished #4 in the country. Some of the dumbest hires and promotions have been commonplace.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Sounds like the general needs to grow a pair an tell that board were to stick it. and it sounds like Champ has some dirty pictures of them board people getting wild at some myrtle beach convention or something.

Either way something ain't adding up. It don't take a rocket sciencist to see something is broke.

Sounds like the general needs to grow a pair an tell that board were to stick it. and it sounds like Champ has some dirty pictures of them board people getting wild at some myrtle beach convention or something.

Either way something ain't adding up. It don't take a rocket sciencist to see something is broke.

He was a political appointment himself if you remember the stupid process for his coming on board. The governor etc. it’s all political there and pure incompetence throughout the board and definitely the AD. I don’t know that he can say screw the board. They still have to approve anything.

Whether you feel it is more Caslen or the BOT the dude has proven he just can't stop yapping to anyone who will listen. All of his military credibility goes out the window when you can't hold water. He is making himself and the university look like imbeciles.

Reactions: nikolas22
I didn't like this guy from the beginning. Now he's proving that I was right! Can't believe he can't keep his mouth shut! What an embarrassment!
You don't know the man.... And you are not right.... Let him do his job.... You are on the outside looking in..... You know nothing of what these people's discussions are or what there ultimate goals are... You just know what people are telling you.... Good Grief... It's your opinion and I understand that but how can you say that you didn't like someone in the beginning that you obviously don't care to learn more about . Educate yourself on this man... He's a GREAT man... I'm proud to have him.

Reactions: cofcgamecock9
He was a political appointment himself if you remember the stupid process for his coming on board. The governor etc. it’s all political there and pure incompetence throughout the board and definitely the AD. I don’t know that he can say screw the board. They still have to approve anything.
So the governer made the board hire the general and I think Trump was how the governer got his job. Is Champ and Trump friends? I'm just gonna blame him like every body else I guess!

Reactions: nikolas22
You don't know the man.... And you are not right.... Let him do his job.... You are on the outside looking in..... You know nothing of what these people's discussions are or what there ultimate goals are... You just know what people are telling you.... Good Grief... It's your opinion and I understand that but how can you say that you didn't like someone in the beginning that you obviously don't care to learn more about . Educate yourself on this man... He's a GREAT man... I'm proud to have him.
At this point they need to get the general, tanner, champ and the board all in a room in front of the news people and tell everybody how we all got here. It's got to messy and they all spreading lies behind every body's backs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT