ADVERTISEMENT

McClendon not the answer

Thank you Einstein. We still won!

We all realize that, I think you're the one missing the point. Just because we won , it doesn't make McClendon the right choice. Not saying he isn't, just saying ......nevermind. Hell yeah , we won , give the OC to BMac

Reactions: king ward
Does anyone have faith Muschamp can pick a good OC? He's made 4 bad hires and one bad OC he hired twice!

Muschamp appears to be a great HC with a major flaw of sucking at picking OC's. Maybe he gets lucky by finding an OC by default because the guy is already on staff.

I think McClendon earned the job today. The first half looked rough but this is the first game BMac has ever called and he was doing it against the #3 total defense in the country, #10 scoring defense and #1 passing defense.

Sure there were turnovers that helped in second half but after getting only about 88 yards in 1st half BMac appears to have figured out some things and got about 212 yards in second.

Some of you being critical of BMac need to realize how effing good UM's defense is. Had Roper been in the booth today that stat in the third quarter of being 0/9 on 3rd down conversions would have continued the rest of the game. But instead, BMac, after a half of feeling his way, explodes for 23 points in about 18 minutes of football. We haven't had anything close to that in 2 years of Roper.

We don't need a high octane over paid OC that intends to get us a top 10 offense. We just need an average offense to be really good. If BMac can coach us a top 50 offense and this defense keeps improving that is a recipe for 9/10 wins with a chance at 11, and that would be fantastic!

Reactions: tcoop2g
Does anyone have faith Muschamp can pick a good OC? He's made 4 bad hires and one bad OC he hired twice!

Muschamp appears to be a great HC with a major flaw of sucking at picking OC's. Maybe he gets lucky by finding an OC by default because the guy is already on staff.

I think McClendon earned the job today. The first half looked rough but this is the first game BMac has ever called and he was doing it against the #3 total defense in the country, #10 scoring defense and #1 passing defense.

Sure there were turnovers that helped in second half but after getting only about 88 yards in 1st half BMac appears to have figured out some things and got about 212 yards in second.

Some of you being critical of BMac need to realize how effing good UM's defense is. Had Roper been in the booth today that stat in the third quarter of being 0/9 on 3rd down conversions would have continued the rest of the game. But instead, BMac, after a half of feeling his way, explodes for 23 points in about 18 minutes of football. We haven't had anything close to that in 2 years of Roper.

We don't need a high octane over paid OC that intends to get us a top 10 offense. We just need an average offense to be really good. If BMac can coach us a top 50 offense and this defense keeps improving that is a recipe for 9/10 wins with a chance at 11, and that would be fantastic!
If he is the choice, I'll wish him the best. I want to win every game we play. But if Muschamp looks at the situation and decides to go outside, nobody ought to be upset. It's his cods that are on the line.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1

This guy gets it.

The offense benefited from plenty of short fields and turnovers forced by the DEFENSE. His victory is 85% defense 15% offense.

We should still look outside for an OC hire
Tons of teams want him and I hear Tenn is prepared to offer so we better at least up his pay, if not go ahead and promote to OC. Recruiting would take a huge hit wihout him.

I can assure you that unless you want avg. results then you dont want a average offense because thats all youre gonna get

The offense benefited from plenty of short fields and turnovers forced by the DEFENSE. His victory is 85% defense 15% offense.

Dude, McClendon made his debut against the #3 defense in the nation. I don't think you can grade him definititively after one game.

All things considered, I would grade him a "C" with an astrix next to it.

B-Mac's performance as the OC today was not productive and impressive. He did not dialed up any special plays that would clinch the job for him. That is just my honest opinion. Love B-Mac for everything he does for the team but we absolutely must hire a new OC in someone like Kendall Briles.

Dude, McClendon made his debut against the #3 defense in the nation. I don't think you can grade him definititively after one game.

All things considered, I would grade him a "C" with an astrix next to it.

I’m not looking to grade him definitively. That’s the point. He did nothing in my mind to earn the OC spot

I agree with you up until your last statement. We DO need a top 10 offense. Who in their right mind wouldn’t want a top 10 offense. I think BMac made great adjustments in the 2nd half against one of the best defenses in the country and he’s only been the captain of this offense for a month. He changed my mind and I believe he deserves a shot. And by the way, we are shooting for a Championship, not 9/10/11 wins.

We don’t need a top flight OC who strives to get us a too 10 tyoe of offense??

I was kind of with ya til that last paragraph. Sure, if we just had a somewhat better offense this year we probably wind up with 10 wins instead of 9... I am excited by the improvement we showed on D, happy for the 9 win season just two years removed from a 3 win season! But if we just keep an average offense, and don’t try to get the bedt available (not my job to make the pick, maybe Bmac IS the best available) then we are saying to the rest of the bation we do not care about winning championships! By your own analogy- if the D keeps improving and we jave an aberage offense, we can stay round 10 wins! Well YIPEE! Outbacks every year! I want to be in FN ATLANTA! I wan to compete with iur rivals again- Clemzun and georgia GET THE BEST when they hire someone for an important position. If we don’t then we are admitting defeat. F that.

Not necessarily true. Many SEC teams have won with EXTREMELY mediocre/average offenses and great defenses.
Recently? UF won two SECE titles with that formula recently....then fired their coach.
He won two SEC east titles with no offense and a good defense. You could argue some of our best years under Spurrier we had an average offense but a great defense.

I want our offense to be awesome but winning with what you have is the job of a good coach. That’s all we can do now.

We scored more than our average against one of the best defenses in the country today.

He won two SEC east titles with no offense and a good defense. You could argue some of our best years under Spurrier we had an average offense but a great defense.

I want our offense to be awesome but winning with what you have is the job of a good coach. That’s all we can do now.

We scored more than our average against one of the best defenses in the country today.
Perhaps. What concerned me about today is the game plan entering the game seemed disjointed...not really a comprehensive game plan. Just calling plays that didn't work and didn't work together. It wasn't as if they were calling some plays to open up others...it just looked frenetic...from the stands anyway. Finally seemed to start figuring out how to attack Michigan's defense toward the end of the third quarter. Just too much inexperience in the OC position and it showed.

No kidding. The O line was horrific today. Helms especially. Hard to tell what the O Coordinator can do when the blocking is that bad.
It's true that BMac isn't responsible for our O-Line play today because he hasn't been in charge long. But, ultimately, isn't the O Coordinator is responsible for every aspect of the offense, including the O-line?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT