ADVERTISEMENT

McClendon not the answer

The offense benefited from plenty of short fields and turnovers forced by the DEFENSE. His victory is 85% defense 15% offense.

We should still look outside for an OC hire
Those points we well made ...now, what is your basis for hitting an OC and your comprehensive explanation as to why you choice should be hired and a game by game explanation as to what his play calls have been and would be againstouropponrnts.

The offense benefited from plenty of short fields and turnovers forced by the DEFENSE. His victory is 85% defense 15% offense.

We should still look outside for an OC hire
Didn’t Michigan benefit from short fields too? Wasn’t the Michigan almost win 99% defense 1% offense.

Great adjustments by BMac. We were getting destroyed up the middle, but he managed to find other ways to move the ball. In particular I loved the speed option that Dowdle scored on. Michigan was not expecting that call. Not sure how often we ran that play this season. I don't recall it working, if we did.

Reactions: kick#
Didn’t Michigan benefit from short fields too? Wasn’t the Michigan almost win 99% defense 1% offense.
Those are talking points, not analytics. Let’s abandon the 15 second double bite explanation and get down tom true explanation. Who do you want and give me a game time analysis of what they offer rather than canned stats.

Perhaps. What concerned me about today is the game plan entering the game seemed disjointed...not really a comprehensive game plan. Just calling plays that didn't work and didn't work together. It wasn't as if they were calling some plays to open up others...it just looked frenetic...from the stands anyway. Finally seemed to start figuring out how to attack Michigan's defense toward the end of the third quarter. Just too much inexperience in the OC position and it showed.
What the hell are you talking about? I know you’re a Roper Homer but Jesus Christ, Bmac made the needed adjustments at the half and it showed in tbe final score. Roper would still be trying to score his first TD. BMac did in 1 game and only 1 month of coaching the offense what Roper couldn’t do in 2 years. Beat a top 5 defense.

Reactions: kick# and davidusc
Long as we get somebody that don’t run up the middle on 3rd and short every time..do we even have a fullback to block?how about a toss or pitch outside every once in a while..

Reactions: cockyferg
What the hell are you talking about? I know you’re a Roper Homer but Jesus Christ, Bmac made the needed adjustments at the half and it showed in tbe final score. Roper would still be trying to score his first TD. BMac did in 1 game and only 1 month of coaching the offense what Roper couldn’t do in 2 years. Beat a top 5 defense.
Pure speculation on your part. BMac was also given a very short field on those "drives."

Those are talking points, not analytics. Let’s abandon the 15 second double bite explanation and get down tom true explanation. Who do you want and give me a game time analysis of what they offer rather than canned stats.
Mac had what, ten practices? How much of a change could he REALISTICALLY make? Still no Deebo playing. He definitely made halftime adjustments. What could he have done better. 3 second half touchdowns and a solid offense in the 4th quarter is the definition of adjusting to win. Tell me what he did wrong.

Kinda torn . What I saw today was an elite defense loaded with NFL players against a totally overmatched offense . Not sure any schemes would fix that . I thought Mclendon made two very good calls ..... the boundary option for a TD , and calling the quick strike TD to Edwards after the turnover . So many times this year we would get big turnovers and Roper would call a zone read or bubble screen for negative yards . Our OL was totally manhandled all day long . No matter what OC we bring in , nothing changes until we get more talent . I say give him a shot . He’s a dynamic recruiter and that is half the battle .

The third and fourth and short needs to get FIXED. How many drives were cut short, because we couldn’t get a yard this year? We need to go outside the current staff.

Reactions: cockyferg
No, we just need to shoot for a OC that can get us up to the top 50 like some coaches on this board say.

Dats jus stoopid

I think some of y'all don't realize our best years with Spurrier were average offenses and an outstanding defense. Sure, I would love to have a Top 10 offense and a great defense but that needs to come through recruiting, not by some gimmicky HUNH OC hire. That offense has been shown to have a negative influence on the defense.

Let's shoot for a Top 50 offense next year with BMac and work our up from there.

Reactions: DarkCock and kick#
What other schools are looking for an OC right now? I'm concerned that if we don't make BMac the OC, we could lose him to another school willing to make him theirs. He's an attractive candidate. He's stepped up in two bowl games now and he's one of the best recruiters in the country.

I think some of y'all don't realize our best years with Spurrier were average offenses and an outstanding defense. Sure, I would love to have a Top 10 offense and a great defense but that needs to come through recruiting, not by some gimmicky HUNH OC hire. That offense has been shown to have a negative influence on the defense.

Let's shoot for a Top 50 offense next year with BMac and work our up from there.
Ok how do you account for Clemson success...yeah they had am all world qb last year but 90 plus plays last year had them about to pass out,they still have. Great d

oneski MMember

No, we just need to shoot for a OC that can get us up to the top 50 like some coaches on this board say.

Dats jus stoopid

You’re lost! Did you watch us play offense in the first half? We need an experienced play-caller. BMac doesn’t have it.

oneski MMember

Dats jus stoopid

You’re lost! Did you watch us play offense in the first half? We need an experienced play-caller. BMac doesn’t have it.

Wow! You're judging BMac on the first half of offense he's ever called and against the #3 defense no less. On the whole, BMac did a great job today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT