ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State game 1 thread

I just got tuned in. So did MSt get all 4 of their hits in the first...as in maybe it took Schmidt an inning to get rolling, or did they scatter them over 4 innings?
TIA

Schmidt looked pretty good in the 4th. I hope he can keep them down. He's just over 50 pitches so I think we'll get 7 out of him.

And....here....we....go.

USC%20coach%20Chad%20Holbrook:%20Gamecocks%20made%20Charlotte%20win%20harder%20than%20they%20needed%20to

Reactions: jonesz21
Why do we have so many left handed batters in the lineup vs a very good left handed pitcher? Where is Hopkins? Do we have anyone who hits over 200 to put in the lineup

Now that's what i am talking about...Can we build on this lead? Holding a 1 run lead is a tremendous challenge for this squad unless Schmidt goes 9

And that's why I don't like extreme shifts in the outfield.
But Destino played it well on a night like tonight with the wind whipping. Glad he didn't attempt to lay out for that one. It would've been uglier than their RF's error.

On the down side, Tolbert swung at a 1st pitch in the dirt, watched a strike on the outside corner after a talk with Holbrook then swung at another ball in the dirt.
I'd love to know what Holbrook said...though it didn't help!

Dang, another lead off hit. Schmidt is in a groove once he gets past the 1st batter every inning, but that's living on the edge. That's 3 innings an row the lead off got on with a single.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT