ADVERTISEMENT

my top 5 to hire and top 5 to avoid and why

Based on what Sankey has stated, he's not going to allow it. Sankey has told programs not to touch Freeze while Ole Miss is still under NCAA penalties for violations incurred under Freeze's tenure. Ole Miss' probation ends at the end of 2020 but the scholarship limitations are in effect for 2 more years. He blocked Saban from hiring Freeze as OC.
I don’t believe that’s the case anymore...if it was it would be more of a topic than it has been...all reports are on whether or not freeze would even take this job...not if he is allowed too

I'm going after freze big time. He would win here and do it quickly
It wouldnt be any 5 year wait.
Let's give it a rest. We aren't going after Freeze. He may receive a courtesy interview but we won't offer. It's going to be Beamer, Napier or CCU. I will be happy with any of the three.

If USC brings in Freeze, they’re no better than Auburn - just taking every cast off for character issues no matter what they did to win a ton of games. Who wants to win a ton of games with bad character coaches and players? Championships, 11-win seasons, New Year’s Day bowls? No thank you.

Quite honestly, I think the vast majority of the fanbase would be perfectly fine with those results.

We’re hiring a freaking football coach, we aren’t watching the smoke come out of the Vatican to see who’s anointed as the next Pope.

Right now, our team is struggling, and we actually have fans shooting down the idea of Urban or Freeze coming here because they aren’t “likeable”?

No damn wonder some of our fanbase is almost as delusional as Miami’s.

Let me get this straight about Chadwell. Y’all want to hire a coach in his third season that is 15 and 16 at CCU because he is undefeated this year and has not beaten know one. He has no Power 5 experience as a Coordinator or Head Coach. Y’all do understand that this will be the biggest and most important hire yet. We might as well keep Bobo and get a new defensive staff. Chadwell would be Sparky Woods 2.0. I still say Gamecock football is a great job. We have the Facilities, Fan base and money. We should never take the back seat to anyone.
I agree. I love Chadwell....but it's too soon. WAY too big a gamble. He's doing some unique stuff.....but not more unique than Mahlzan did or some early Air Raid stuff at UK that worked so well and carried over to OU 2000 NC to present in top conferences.

I say the same about the AAC . All the Memphis, UCF, USF, Cincy coaches....they have those W/L records because of the conference they're in. They never match that level of success at the respective P5, legit conferences they go to.

Based on what Sankey has stated, he's not going to allow it. Sankey has told programs not to touch Freeze while Ole Miss is still under NCAA penalties for violations incurred under Freeze's tenure. Ole Miss' probation ends at the end of 2020 but the scholarship limitations are in effect for 2 more years. He blocked Saban from hiring Freeze as OC.
I would be surprised if Sankey can dictate to any College or University who they can and cannot hire. However, if its a rule within the SEC then I'll buy that, but I don't think it is because if it were Freeze would have already been discarded from the list.

Reactions: carolinacanopy
Quite honestly, I think the vast majority of the fanbase would be perfectly fine with those results.

We’re hiring a freaking football coach, we aren’t watching the smoke come out of the Vatican to see who’s anointed as the next Pope.

Right now, our team is struggling, and we actually have fans shooting down the idea of Urban or Freeze coming here because they aren’t “likeable”?

No damn wonder some of our fanbase is almost as delusional as Miami’s.
#1- there is 0% chance Urban would come if offered. Moot point.

#2- very little chance Freeze is strongly considered. If he is considered, he would be an idiot for coming here. Less than 5% chance he is our next coach. 75% chance it will be Beamer or Napier

I would be surprised if Sankey can dictate to any College or University who they can and cannot hire. However, if its a rule within the SEC then I'll buy that, but I don't think it is because if it were Freeze would have already been discarded from the list.
He can't anymore, but we could get on Sankey's crap list pretty quick. Beside, if we go after him, I think we are getting into another Herman situation. Freeze will play us until he gets more assurances that either the Tennessee or Aubie job is more than likely to come open next year at the latest. He will wait on them.

Urban Meyer ain’t coming here. He thinks this job is beneath him.
Tony Elliot ain’t coming here. He is being groomed to take over for Dat Boy.
Chadwell...too much of an unknown.
Hugh Freeze...too much of a known.
Venables...defensive minded HC, been there and done that already.

Billy Napier is the guy and he will come cheap.
IF Myer did come here, he would recruit the most immoral players he could find and for a while he would win games. Then he would leave us as bad as when he got here after most of them washed out.

Reactions: okccock
What the insiders on MSU's 247 site were saying last year is that he was holding out for us and that was why he withdrew his name from consideration. Not sure if that could be verified, but it is what their take on it was.

Now the question is if he was holding out for us, does Napier know something we don't? Like behind the scenes contacts through agents for a while now.....just speculation, but people seldom turn down a couple of SEC HC positions for nothing.

Just thought I'd add to the numerous conspiracy theories that seem so popular today. LOL

He wants to come here to beat Dabo because Dabo fired him. I think that's his only reason.

Reactions: mavcock
Y'all do realize Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Florida and Clemson fear Hugh Freeze the most out of any potential hires. This tells me all I need to know.
I hate to be the one to break it to you but Florida, UGA nor Clemson fear anyone. Especially Hugh Freeze, he is a known commode-ity, scum and South Carolina won't hire him and I'm not sure the SEC will allow him back in anyway. I would make sure the next hire is an Offensive minded coach not merely offensive, he would have a track record of recruiting in the south cause South Carolina is not in an enviable spot recruiting wise. Florida, Miami, UCF, and FSU(still does well) to the south, UGA to the west, Clemson, UNC and Tennessee to the north, plus all the other schools that yearly pull recruits out of this part of the country.
I would hire a younger, energetic, offensive minded guy, give him time cause it is gonna take it, support him in every way possible, which after this season for a lot of schools is going to be financially a struggle. Be thankful that UGA has Kirby who is basically Muschamp just with better players and you can compete with them cause of Kirby's mentality, the Gators and Mullen is a different animal, they are elite and will only get better, winning the East any time soon is out of the realm of possibility. Texas A&M is just better at least until Jimbo runs them in the ground like he did FSU(there are already rumblings out of College Station that he is rapidly wearing out his welcome with little to no accountability and players running rampant. UT will be in the market for a coach again soon so you can compete there, you should beat Kentucky and Missouri at least every other year or more, and Vandy you should never lose to. There is a good chance that malzahn will be out at Auburn either this season or next, and that will free up both Malzahn and Chad Morris but I wouldn't hire either.
A name I would keep an eye on even though this season has been sort of a disaster for him is Scott Satterfield at Louisville, they guy is high quality and an excellent coach and recruiter.

Beamer will not be hired. The mere mention of him makes me chuckle in disbelief. He has done nothing to even be in consideration. I think he has a great pr guy on this board though.

This guy makes sense, I want a guy here that wants to be here and after a few years can tell the other schools NO!!!!

Y'all do realize Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, Florida and Clemson fear Hugh Freeze the most out of any potential hires. This tells me all I need to know.

They fear him b/c he's kind of like a scud missile. He can do a lot of damage but is highly unpredictable. He's liable to go off in any game and put up 60 points. But he might also stub his toe against an easy opponent. As I was texting with a friend of mine who is a Clemson fan, he said Freeze was the one guy he didn't want us to get. As we texted, he said Freeze was the kind of guy who could actually beat Clemson from time-to-time but said he's also the kind of guy who's gonna drop clunkers to someone he should beat. He's not the least bit concerned that Freeze would turn into us a top-tier SEC team. It's just his propensity to knock of a really good team here or there.

His last season at Ole Miss is a good example. He beat #8 A&M and then got the life beat out of him by a bad Miss St. team a couple weeks later. In 2013 he beat a top 10 LSU team that finished 10-3 but then lost to a Miss St team that finished 7-6. In 2014, he beat Bama but got his a*s stomped by a 7-6 Arkansas. Even in his best year, 2015, one of his losses was to Memphis who was good for sure, but a top flight SEC team should be able to manage a win over Memphis any year.

For every win over UGA or UF, we'd lose to Kentucky or Vandy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT