ADVERTISEMENT

New record number of Covid cases today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s like insisting the world is still flat because that’s what the experts said first.

Meh, I get that you're saying our minds should change as new facts emerge, but I think the same guy(s) saying different things weeks apart is a little worse than simply evolving understanding.

Plus ( and I heard this from just another person) did we really admit that "we" lied about masks for fear there would be a rush on them? If that's true, I have to wonder about every announcement and if theres an alterior motive.

As for the hoax, again, were'nt people saying that about the reaction, and not the disease?

Reactions: Expro19
Only 934 cases reported today 07/07/20 might have a football season after all. This is somewhat sports related.

Meh, I get that you're saying our minds should change as new facts emerge, but I think the same guy(s) saying different things weeks apart is a little worse than simply evolving understanding.

Plus ( and I heard this from just another person) did we really admit that "we" lied about masks for fear there would be a rush on them? If that's true, I have to wonder about every announcement and if theres an alterior motive.

As for the hoax, again, were'nt people saying that about the reaction, and not the disease?
I agree that lying about the masks to prevent hoarding was a horrible decision and is just another issue with the way this has been handled and there are a lot of ulterior motives for why things have been said and done. It’s part of the reason I gave up years ago on having someone interpret the news on TV. There is enough information available to us all today to make decisions without having an opinion host tell you what to think.

In terms of the hoax comments no one who has said that was talking about the media at any point when they said it. That explanation came weeks later when they were trying to pretend how seriously they were taking it all along.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
That's because there is still a group of Americans who still believe that the whole thing is a hoax being perpetrated by the liberal media. They got their information from Fox when the US got its first positive test results. Fox has since then changed their stance but some people are still holding on to that original viewpoint. Those are the most dangerous people in the country when it comes to spreading this virus.
I wish the President wasn't in that crowd. He hosted a huge party at a National park and monument for the 4th of July. And SPECIFICALLY stated that masks and Social distancing would not be required/enforced. That really pisses me off that the leadership in this country is going out of its way to undermine the medical community that they've told everyone to listen to. He's been doing it since the start of this crisis because he's too stupid or proud to wear a goddamn mask.

I agree that lying about the masks to prevent hoarding was a horrible decision and is just another issue with the way this has been handled...

In terms of the hoax comments no one who has said that was talking about the media at any point when they said it.

I honestly didnt know if the mask thing was real, I just heard it from regular person, not a news source.

And unless we're talking about different incidents, I thought it was pretty clear that Trump was complaining about how the democrats were falsely coming after him over and over. Russia, then ukraine then the disease response.
I can see where people would want to argue he thinks it's a hoax, it makes a great dig. I just honestly don't think it was said that way.

I wish the President wasn't in that crowd. He hosted a huge party at a National park and monument for the 4th of July. And SPECIFICALLY stated that masks and Social distancing would not be required/enforced. That really pisses me off that the leadership in this country is going out of its way to undermine the medical community that they've told everyone to listen to. He's been doing it since the start of this crisis because he's too stupid or proud to wear a goddamn mask.
If you would have listened, he wears a mask and is tested everyday for the virus. The event was in SD which has had fewer cases and deaths than any other state. Masks were available to wear upon request. Masks are helpful but they are not the end all, do all. Washing your hands and not getting directly coughed on or sneezed on are the big preventives just like other respiratory illnesses.

19 deaths in SC today. That's alot. Less than a thousand cases. That's not nearly as bad. US deaths going to be way up from yesterday, but cases down again? Masks work, but too late for an increasing number who will ride out this wave in an ICU or the grave. Maybe we can prevent some of that in the future.but now the fourth now plays in ......

Reactions: funktavious
If you would have listened, he wears a mask and is tested everyday for the virus. The event was in SD which has had fewer cases and deaths than any other state. Masks were available to wear upon request. Masks are helpful but they are not the end all, do all. Washing your hands and not getting directly coughed on or sneezed on are the big preventives just like other respiratory illnesses.
Listened to whom? Him? He doesnt move his lips except to boast on himself like a 12 year old or lie through his teeth. Does he wear a mask? Because he openly refuses to anywhere in public, and mocks people who do during press conferences. Are you going to tell me that sending the message that masks and social distancing are completely unnecessary is not a political message that directly contradicts the medical experts who directly advise the White House? Sorry, he's been undermining them from the outset. It's very frustrating when a unified message could be sent that would help reduce the spread.

This guy makes some sense about NY and Northern Italy herd immunity...

Just like the flu, people go around being positive for the flu and end up spreading the flu and some people get the flu with minor symptoms and other get a bad case of the flu... And we don't shelter in place, from getting the flu..

Other states who shelter in place for COVID 19 and later let them out to work, you're seeing spikes of positive test...

This is a virus and it needs to run it's course and the longer we hid from each other, the longer it will take to get rid of it.. And we need to build up our immunity to this virus, just like the flu..

Dr. Scott Atlas breaks down the facts about coronavirus herd immunity
Hoover Institution senior fellow Dr. Scott Atlas, former chief of neuroradiology at Stanford University Medical Center, joins Laura Ingraham with insight on 'The Ingraham Angle.'

Just like the flu, people go around being positive for the flu and end up spreading the flu and some people get the flu with minor symptoms and other get a bad case of the flu... And we don't shelter in place, from getting the flu..

Other states who shelter in place for COVID 19 and later let them out to work, you're seeing spikes of positive test...

This is a virus and it needs to run it's course and the longer we hid from each other, the longer it will take to get rid of it.. And we need to build up our immunity to this virus, just like the flu..

Dr. Scott Atlas breaks down the facts about coronavirus herd immunity
Hoover Institution senior fellow Dr. Scott Atlas, former chief of neuroradiology at Stanford University Medical Center, joins Laura Ingraham with insight on 'The Ingraham Angle.'

My sister is a nurse and she told me the same thing. That's not just her opinion. She asked doctors and that's their consensus. One or both of two things will help with this virus. Herd immunity or a vaccine, which would aid in herd immunity. The mask is not really to stop the spread. It's to slow the spread so hospitals don't overflow with cases. Nothing is going to stop the spread except all of us staying at home. And that's clearly not possible.

My sister was exposed to someone in the hospital who tested positive right after. They were both wearing masks and my sister tested negative, FWIW.

Former Chief of NeuroRadiology? This guy is guessing and all it does is perpetuate the corona hoax theory with unscientific speculation.

Here's another guess.....people in NY have learned the hard way to wear a dam mask just like those in countries who now have almost 0 infections.

One or both of two things will help with this virus.
Look no further than countries that have already stopped the spread. Results are more scientific than what my aunt heard from her best friend's cousin's mother in law.

My sister is a nurse and she told me the same thing. That's not just her opinion. She asked doctors and that's their consensus. One or both of two things will help with this virus. Herd immunity or a vaccine, which would aid in herd immunity. The mask is not really to stop the spread. It's to slow the spread so hospitals don't overflow with cases. Nothing is going to stop the spread except all of us staying at home. And that's clearly not possible.

My sister was exposed to someone in the hospital who tested positive right after. They were both wearing masks and my sister tested negative, FWIW.

So you're saying that your sister was exposed while wearing a mask but the mask was not a contributing factor in her not contracting the virus?

Listened to whom? Him? He doesnt move his lips except to boast on himself like a 12 year old or lie through his teeth. Does he wear a mask? Because he openly refuses to anywhere in public, and mocks people who do during press conferences. Are you going to tell me that sending the message that masks and social distancing are completely unnecessary is not a political message that directly contradicts the medical experts who directly advise the White House? Sorry, he's been undermining them from the outset. It's very frustrating when a unified message could be sent that would help reduce the spread.
Are we talking about the Lone Ranger?

Former Chief of NeuroRadiology? This guy is guessing and all it does is perpetuate the corona hoax theory with unscientific speculation.

Here's another guess.....people in NY have learned the hard way to wear a dam mask just like those in countries who now have almost 0 infections.

A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste...

Be like Christopher Columbus and explore and open mind... People became well rounded, instead of fall off the flat edges....

Look no further than countries that have already stopped the spread. Results are more scientific than what my aunt heard from her best friend's cousin's mother in law.
So they'll wear masks forever? Restrict travel forever? Infringe liberties forever? I don't see that as an option in a free country.

Last edited:
I heard this morning on the drive in to work that the Death rate is now lower than the average rate of death in nursing homes right now... good news right? But Dr.Fauci says don't celebrate the lower death rate, it's only because of the treatments that are being provided now and more knowledge of the virus. Isn't that a good thing? Can we be positive about somethings without it becoming political/agenda driven. With all that is going on right now, we need to celebrate some small wins in this country/world.

I heard this morning on the drive in to work that the Death rate is now lower than the average rate of death in nursing homes right now... good news right? But Dr.Fauci says don't celebrate the lower death rate, it's only because of the treatments that are being provided now and more knowledge of the virus. Isn't that a good thing? Can we be positive about somethings without it becoming political/agenda driven. With all that is going on right now, we need to celebrate some small wins in this country/world.

Makes you wonder if Fauci ever had sex with anyone but himself?? Think of the diseases he could get????

It is but the problem is (as we’ve seen with this recent spike) is that people so desperately want things to be “normal” that they don’t want people letting their guard down. As we know in some places the hospitals are having trouble being able to treat all of the patients they are getting. Better treatment may mean that hospital beds aren’t turning over as fast and bad cases and full hospitals means someone isn’t getting treated.

1537 new cases today. 21% of people tested were positive. 38 more deaths. Over 1,400 in the hospital. All this just in S.C. if you are not wearing a mask, you will soon be on the list. I just hope it isn’t the death list.

Yeah, but only 4,500 tested, with 21% positive. Still a very high number of positives. Need to get the percent positive below 10.
The death number is really the only thing I care about. We could have 10,000 people test positive tomorrow in sc along and if no one died would that be a big deal? I say no. It would be the equivalent of the flu. Seeing as how test are a week behind we should already be seeing an increase in deaths. I also question the death numbers when the Lexington county corner is saying that dhec was not right about the deaths yesterday.

1537 new cases today. 21% of people tested were positive. 38 more deaths. Over 1,400 in the hospital. All this just in S.C. if you are not wearing a mask, you will soon be on the list. I just hope it isn’t the death list.
You should not threaten people with possible death for not wearing a mask. People don't wear a mask for a flu outbreak. The flu death count has been high this year, but there has been no info put out about that.

The death number is really the only thing I care about. We could have 10,000 people test positive tomorrow in sc along and if no one died would that be a big deal? I say no. It would be the equivalent of the flu. Seeing as how test are a week behind we should already be seeing an increase in deaths. I also question the death numbers when the Lexington county corner is saying that dhec was not right about the deaths yesterday.

You must be a bot. Did you really just go find this comment from somewhere around middle March, and cut and paste it here?? All the "equivalent to the flu" nonsense stopped from even the radical conservative conspirators back in May. It's July now, bub.....

Yesterday the nation recorded nearly 1,000 deaths for the day. 993 total deaths. That was the most recorded in a day, in over a month. If we return to the days of daily 1,000+ deaths we were seeing in April and May, then nothing at all was gained from anything the federal government has attempted since March.....

You should not threaten people with possible death for not wearing a mask. People don't wear a mask for a flu outbreak. The flu death count has been high this year, but there has been no info put out about that.
No one knows if the flu death count has been high this year. The CDC has not released final numbers and their preliminary estimate is anywhere from well below last year to about 1.5 times last year. Odds are when they finalize it things will be pretty close to what they always are.

Update

More than 1,500 coronavirus new cases, 38 deaths reported in South Carolina
BY EMILY BOHATCH| EBOHATCH@THESTATE.COM
1 min. ago
COLUMBIA, S.C.

South Carolina health officials announced they had identified 1,537 new coronavirus cases across the state Wednesday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases since March to 48,770.

About one in five people who were tested for the virus tested positive, an indicator that the virus is spreading more rapidly than it did in March and April.

Thirty-eight additional people who tested positive for the virus also died,

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Does anyone actually believe the information and statistics being reported by the Government?
DHEC reported 6 new deaths in Lexington County in the last 2 days. The Coroner for Lexington County, Ms Fisher, posted a tweet saying she has no idea where that comes from because they only had ONE.

The important part is around the 1 minute about heard immunity.there has been news from overseas claiming the same thing.at the 2 minute mark,I don’t see how anybody can disagree with this.

Does anyone actually believe the information and statistics being reported by the Government?
DHEC reported 6 new deaths in Lexington County in the last 2 days. The Coroner for Lexington County, Ms Fisher, posted a tweet saying she has no idea where that comes from because they only had ONE.
Did she delete the tweet?

Reactions: gcocks2011
Update

More than 1,500 coronavirus new cases, 38 deaths reported in South Carolina
BY EMILY BOHATCH| EBOHATCH@THESTATE.COM
1 min. ago
COLUMBIA, S.C.

South Carolina health officials announced they had identified 1,537 new coronavirus cases across the state Wednesday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases since March to 48,770.

About one in five people who were tested for the virus tested positive, an indicator that the virus is spreading more rapidly than it did in March and April.

Thirty-eight additional people who tested positive for the virus also died,
Nationally, the American covid death toll now is at 134,365. The death toll lags infections by several weeks. Why are our covid infections going up while everyone elses, except Brazils, is going down? I hope, down the road, there's a bi-partisan commission to find out what went wrong and why. Never again should the United States botch up a pandemic like we have done with covid.

I'll do me. You live in fear if it makes you happy. For the record, you don't know that i don't wear one.
I don't live in fear. I do despise dumbasses who eff up everything for the rest of us.

Wanna know why United just laid off a bunch of airline workers? No flights
Wanna know why no flights? Covid spread
Wanna know why Covid spread? People are dumbasses who think wearing a mask is a sign of fear and giving up their rights.

Not sure where you get your information, but the last death reported by DHEC for Lexington was 3 on July 4th. That means they died on July 3rd.

Nationally, the American covid death toll now is at 134,365. The death toll lags infections by several weeks. Why are our covid infections going up while everyone elses, except Brazils, is going down? I hope, down the road, there's a bi-partisan commission to find out what went wrong and why. Never again should the United States botch up a pandemic like we have done with covid.
I find it incredible that Trump is threatening to withhold Federal funding to schools that don't reopen "before the November election", he said in a tweet. Children and teachers' lives should not be put at risk. Thankfully, those decisions are up to the Governors and local school districts. Trump does not have the power to unilaterally hold up Federal money to schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT