ADVERTISEMENT

No game thread?

You supported him but didn't even watch the game?

Telling of the malaise in the fan base.

As I've said several times over this season and even last season, I watch our games if I don't have anything else planned. Football no longer rules my Saturdays like it did for years.

Yes, of course I support him. I think he's a good fit at South Carolina. I can support him without watching every second of our games or planning my Saturdays around a game.

Wasted too many days over the years focusing on football games on Saturday. I spent yesterday with one of my adult children out of town. Caught a bit of the game on the radio.

Seriously though, If YOU had YOUR JOB on-the-line, wouldn't you do so also???
If not ................. NEXT!!!
Listen to what you're saying. We're really close to being a 6-6 team?

What if Wells doesn't come back next year, when the schedule is even harder. If Beamer has another losing season next year, you think he deserves more time?
With the new SEC schedule we’ll always be a mediocre team. Heck, a big name coach will be available soon to replace SB: Jimbo! 😂😂

Ambition starts with some sensibility of your situation.

Not throwing a bunch of money at it without context and praying this time will be different.
I suppose I just don’t care anymore. I bailed out of the Gamecock Club and Alumni Assn the day Muschamp was hired. Haven’t been to a football game since — and never will again. The university could hire you as head football coach and I’d be fine with it.

Reactions: Ward Jr
I suppose I just don’t care anymore. I bailed out of the Gamecock Club and Alumni Assn the day Muschamp was hired. Haven’t been to a football game since — and never will again. The university could hire you as head football coach and I’d be fine with it.

I can understand. Muschamp showed up at the worst time possible for our program. He rode fumes of the Spurrier era for the first few years before thoroughly squashing any momentum we had gained prior to his arrival.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
Ambition starts with some sensibility of your situation.

Not throwing a bunch of money at it without context and praying this time will be different.

But you’re throwing a bunch of money at Beamer with no real evidence he can be successful.

So you’re talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Ah yes. Alabama and Vanderbilt are comparable “SEC teams”.
You beat Clemson last year. Clemson is 100X worse this year. Why are you already counting that as a loss? Kentucky is no world beater. They beat Vanderbilt by 17, SC did it by 41. SC may win those games or lose them, but it is weird you are so pessimistic right after a 41 point win.

You beat Clemson last year. Clemson is 100X worse this year. Why are you already counting that as a loss? Kentucky is no world beater. They beat Vanderbilt by 17, SC did it by 41. SC may win those games or lose them, but it is weird you are so pessimistic right after a 41 point win.
We aren’t worse than we were last year? You keep talking about this one game as if it offsets the other 9 games.

Those whataboutisms don’t change the fact we opened as a 3 point underdog at home against Kentucky. There is a reason for that.

If you think we are always going to suck why do you care who our coach is?

It’s just interesting that you, @GoCocksFight2021 , and @Ward Jr have no ambition for our program.

Bullshit. That's why I send some money to the Garnet Trust to purchase better players. You, on the other hand, do nothing but whine like a little bitch. Not sure how you think that translates to having "ambition".

But you are a liberal, so it makes sense. You expect success to just be handed to you because you exist, and you want it. And other than just whining and complaining constantly, you aren't willing to do anything to achieve it. That may work with welfare and pronouns, but not so much for college football.

We aren’t worse than we were last year? You keep talking about this one game as if it offsets the other 9 games.

Those whataboutisms don’t change the fact we opened as a 3 point underdog at home against Kentucky. There is a reason for that.
A 3 point favorite is hardly a sure win, but you have already counted it as a loss. They are favored, but barely.

Yes, there is a reason for that. Team talent is very comparable. We have 2 five stars, and they only have 1, but they have 5 more four stars than we do. And we have a ton of injuries. They manhandled Florida at home and dominated Miss St on the road. Lost to Tennessee, but played them close the entire game.

Again, this goes back to the delusions of grandeur that some of our "fans" have. By almost every metric out there, they should be favored. Again, you and some of the other clowns on this site talk about your "expectations" and "having ambition" like that means something. Saying you have ambition and high expectations doesn't mean shit. Anybody can say it. Putting in the work and money to achieve those ambitions and high expectations is what separates the men from the boys.

Yes, there is a reason for that. Team talent is very comparable. We have 2 five stars, and they only have 1, but they have 5 more four stars than we do. And we have a ton of injuries. They manhandled Florida at home and dominated Miss St on the road. Lost to Tennessee, but played them close the entire game.

Again, this goes back to the delusions of grandeur that some of our "fans" have. By almost every metric out there, they should be favored. Again, you and some of the other clowns on this site talk about your "expectations" and "having ambition" like that means something. Saying you have ambition and high expectations doesn't mean shit. Anybody can say it. Putting in the work and money to achieve those ambitions and high expectations is what separates the men from the boys.

Again, if you’re saying the coaching doesn’t matter and it’s just the players, why do you care if Beamer is our coach or not?

Again, this goes back to the delusions of grandeur that some of our "fans" have. By almost every metric out there, they should be favored.

Actually, by your standards, they should NOT be favored. They have lower ranked talent, and have a lower ranked NIL. Throw in that it's a home game for us, and a night game, and we have pretty much every advantage. Heck, we have Beamer and they don't.

(As for the talent, we are closer to UT and Florida than they are to us. )

The only card we can play is injuries, and that's something all teams deal with.

Maybe you just have a different definition of "delusions" than the rest of us.

Actually, by your standards, they should NOT be favored. They have lower ranked talent, and have a lower ranked NIL. Throw in that it's a home game for us, and a night game, and we have pretty much every advantage. Heck, we have Beamer and they don't.

(As for the talent, we are closer to UT and Florida than they are to us. )

The only card we can play is injuries, and that's something all teams deal with.

Maybe you just have a different definition of "delusions" than the rest of us.

Avg. Recruiting Rank over 4-years:
UK: #24.5
USC: #34.75

How do you know who has the better NIL class between these two?
https://ukathletics.com/news/2022/07/19/bbnil-one-year-in-uk-athletics-leading-in-the-nil-space/

Stoops is in his 11th year at UK.

UK has chosen not to invest in bailouts, staff flip disruption, and lost recruiting classes as a result.

His first three seasons he went: 2-10, 5-7, 5-7.

He won a total of 4 games in the SEC during that period.

Avg. Recruiting Rank over 4-years:
UK: #24.5
USC: #34.75

How do you know who has the better NIL class between these two?
https://ukathletics.com/news/2022/07/19/bbnil-one-year-in-uk-athletics-leading-in-the-nil-space/

Stoops is in his 11th year at UK.

UK has chosen not to invest in bailouts, staff flip disruption, and lost recruiting classes as a result.

His first three seasons he went: 2-10, 5-7, 5-7.

He won a total of 4 games in the SEC during that period.

Talent Composite (this takes in recruiting and portal transfers)
USC : 22nd
UK: 31st

2023 College Football Team Talent Composite

This site was used as an excuse when we were ranked lower, it should also be used when we are ranked higher.

As for NIL?

This ranking of 10th in the SEC has been repeated often on this board as an excuse after a few of our losses. It should then be used to point out when we are ranked higher.

Throw in its a night game and at home.

So unless we're going to argue how much better Stoops is than Beamer, we have every advantage, except for the injuries debate.

Talent Composite (this takes in recruiting and portal transfers)
USC : 22nd
UK: 31st

2023 College Football Team Talent Composite

This site was used as an excuse when we were ranked lower, it should also be used when we are ranked higher.

As for NIL?

This ranking of 10th in the SEC has been repeated often on this board as an excuse after a few of our losses. It should then be used to point out when we are ranked higher.

Throw in its a night game and at home.

So unless we're going to argue how much better Stoops is than Beamer, we have every advantage, except for the injuries debate.

24/7 openly states their composite is a total guess. It would have to be in the NIL.

The actual recruiting rankings can be cross-checked.

Do you not believe having a seasoned coaching staff in place for 11-years vs 3yrs is relevant?

Beamer's roster is still a grab bag in part from a previous staff.

In addition, we finished higher in the SEC last season and beat UK.

When you have similar talent, you're not going to outperform teams every year.

Things come into play such as injuries at key positions.

Last edited:
Got it.

The links are excuses when they go against us, and not accurate when they are in our favor.

And I'll leave you to argue Stoops is a better coach than Beamer.

I think this attempt has already run its course.

Got it.

The links are excuses when they go against us, and not accurate when they are in our favor.

And I'll leave you to argue Stoops is a better coach than Beamer.

I think this attempt has already run its course.

So recruiting class rankings which are done by a myriad of outlets are somehow the same as one actor guessing what a moving composite of a roster is? Sure thing.

We beat UK last season and finished ahead of them in the standings.

You're not going to do that every year with a similar talent structure.

Last edited:
So recruiting class rankings which are done by a myriad of outlets are somehow the same as one actor guessing what a moving composite of a roster is? Sure thing.

Tell you what, you go argue with Mrs Satterfield about the talent composite and NIL rankings.

These were critical to her explaining away earlier losses. I'm simply pointing out that if we use the same standards, we now have the advantages.

If you disagree with the sources, your argument is with her.

I'll let you decide if you want to start telling her that UK has the coaching advantage too.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Tell you what, you go argue with Mrs Satterfield about the talent composite and NIL rankings.

These were critical to her explaining away earlier losses. I'm simply pointing out that if we use the same standards, we now have the advantages.

I'll let you decide if you want to start telling her that UK has the coaching advantage too.

Why debate when it's not being reported?

24/7's composite guess is as accurate as that click-bait article you posted.

There's probably 50 publications who copied and pasted that same generic conjecture.

Until there's transparency, we can only guess.

On the flip side, when the likes of Saban and Kiffin are openly calling out teams for spending exorbitant money for players, that would seem to be a little different story.

Wake me up when we are predicted to beat UK every year.

Why debate when it's not being reported?

24/7's composite guess is as accurate as that click-bait article you posted.

There's probably 50 publications who copied and pasted that same generic conjecture.

Until there's transparency, we can only guess.

On the flip side, when the likes of Saban and Kiffin are openly calling out teams for spending exorbitant money for players, that would seem to be a little different story.

Wake me up when we are predicted to beat UK every year.

I don't think I can explain it any simpler.

Injuries are a big part of the prediction equation when you're close to the end of a season.

Does anyone know if Wells will be available this weekend? If not, any chance they might be able to medical Redshirt him? He's played in two games and only a few downs in each.

I don't think I can explain it any simpler.

You and I are having this debate. Why does this have anything to do with anyone else?

Have you previously established these composite 24/7 rankings are relevant? If so, please pass that link.

I don't have an issue following your simple, Lurker.

Kentucky probably should be favored this year. They beat UF handily and should have beat Tennessee. They are having the better year.

You and I are having this debate. Why does this have anything to do with anyone else?

As I stated.

Her standards. Her claim that these were critical to explaining previous losses.

I'm pointing out that it's hypocritical to hide behind them when convenient, and then discard them when they are not.

I don't buy these rankings as Bible either. The fact that you're arguing their veracity with me tells me you really are having trouble understanding that.

But you and I both know you're misunderstanding on purpose.

Congratulations, you got a couple responses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT