ADVERTISEMENT

No game thread?

But we haven’t beaten who we should. We are 0-3 against Missouri who has less talent than we do. We’ve lost to Kentucky and Arkansas with less talent.

We haven’t even looked the impressive in our losses. When we lose we tend to lose by more than two score. We had one of the worst offenses in the county last year. We have one of the worst defense in college football this year.

Not sure how you can say we look well coached with a straight face.

The honest answer is that we have flashes. We can all point to those two games last year, some just thought that was going to be the norm. Now they're left struggling to come up with any excuse why we look so inconsistent.

We take steps forward, but we then turn around and take a step back.

It allows for examples on both sides, as long as we're picky about which games to highlight.

Reactions: uscwatson21
The honest answer is that we have flashes. We can all point to those two games last year, some just thought that was going to be the norm. Now they're left struggling to come up with any excuse why we look so inconsistent.

We take steps forward, but we then turn around and take a step back.

It allows for examples on both sides, as long as we're picky about which games to highlight.

Spotty 1st team talent. USC has a storied history of spotty talent because of where we fall in the recruiting hierarchy coupled with the fact we play in the SEC against teams who mostly out recruit us.

If we kept our recruiting at the level it is today and switched to Conference USA, we would probably be a playoff contender at times.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
Spotty 1st team talent. USC has a storied history of spotty talent because of where we fall in the recruiting hierarchy coupled with the fact we play in the SEC against teams who mostly out recruit us.

If we kept our recruiting at the level it is today and switched to Conference USA, we would probably be a playoff contender at times.
I agree. Spotty talent in relation to most teams in the SEC is what gives the football fans ulcers.

When we entered the SEC in the early 90s, it must have been a conscience decision to go for the money and spread some of it around to less profitable sports. Because from a strict football perspective, the move hasn't been in our best interests.

Reactions: Ward Jr
When we entered the SEC in the early 90s, it must have been a conscience decision to go for the money and spread some of it around to less profitable sports. Because from a strict football perspective, the move hasn't been in our best interests.

Well, we have women's basketball now.

Woo freaking hoo

I agree. Spotty talent in relation to most teams in the SEC is what gives the football fans ulcers.

Hard to say. I personally like watching games in the SEC week-to-week versus playing an easy schedule to make a bigger bowl game. Some of these games we play (like UGA) are really exciting to watch. I just don't get wrapped up in our actual record too much. It's entertainment at the end of the day.

Making the playoffs might be a different story though. :)

Hard to say. I personally like watching games in the SEC week-to-week versus playing an easy schedule to make a bigger bowl game. Some of these games we play (like UGA) are really exciting to watch. I just don't get wrapped up in our actual record too much. It's entertainment at the end of the day.

Making the playoffs might be a different story though. :)
That's a good point. We often play the ultimate National Champs or NC Contenders in any given year. Not many teams can say that. Makes games more fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT