ADVERTISEMENT

No improvement, same old cocks

I am not impressed with this team. Beamer hasn’t done enough with what little talent we have. Struggling against a little school like Ecu shouldn’t happen! We fans deserve better!
I know it sucks and it does. It’s hard to watch. It’s what we are right now. Where I differ is I didn’t expect Beamer to be able to change that much this year. We went 2-8 with a rush offense that was one of the best we’ve had.

But this was expected. The line closed at -4. I believe it opened at +1.5. The experts expected this to be a close game.

For those blaming Beamer, our defense looks MUCH improved. Can he not get some credit for that?

Hate to say it, but this has been vintage Gamecock football. Trick play for a TD by the opposing team to start the, fumble across the goal line to lose a TD and give a touchback, close calls not going our way (Dak fumble), D collapses as soon as offense shows up, stupid penalties, etc.

After 100+ years, I don't know why we bother expecting anything different.

Rathe, you’re an OL coach. I have the game taped, been gone all day with my daughter in MedU’s ER, so I’ll watch it later today.

What are you seeing specifically with the OL breakdowns?

Defense looks much better, and the play calls make more sense. We’ll know more the next two weeks. Problem, as always, is the offense staying on the field so the defense isn’t facing an avalanche of plays.

ECU is a pretty good, veteran team. They made some mistakes also but they will win some games. Think they had 20 starters back or something like that. Oddsmakers were right, basically a toss-up. We have to be patient. I have faith in Beamer but this will take a while.

ECU is a pretty good, veteran team. They made some mistakes also but they will win some games. Think they had 20 starters back or something like that. Oddsmakers were right, basically a toss-up. We have to be patient. I have faith in Beamer but this will take a while.

The Amazon generation. Can't believe they can't order up a championship team with 2 day shipping.

Agree this will take 3to4 years. In the meantime, maybe Beamer can keep us engaged with a couple upsets and strong recruitin.

I am not impressed with this team. Beamer hasn’t done enough with what little talent we have. Struggling against a little school like Ecu shouldn’t happen! We fans deserve better!
Its Beamer's second game. With a depleted roster. Come on, man. We knew this was going to be a rebuild year. Now, in a few years, after we get some recruits and experience, and we pull a game like this, then get back to me.

I am not impressed with this team.
They found a way to win, beat the spread, on the road, but you say, "same old cocks"?

I've been around since 1968, and that sounds pretty fresh.

Get better, after each play.

I'm also old enough to remember, the most special seasons, seem to come from players, and coaches, who bond; to make a special team.

GO COCKS! BEAT THE DAWGS!

It’s year one of a major rebuild. We’re 2-0. And no, I don’t care who we beat. A lot of teams would have crumbled in that situation, but coach got the team focused and pulled out a win. It was ugly as heck, but we won! 2 and 0!

I agree. Go find another team to pull for why we wait for this one to get better...

Last edited:
I think Josh Vann has drastically improved compared to the previous seasons. Seems like from the first two games, South Carolina rushing game comes alive in the second half. I think the defense is giving up less yards than last season and also are able to get some pressure on the quarterback.

Hate to say it, but this has been vintage Gamecock football. Trick play for a TD by the opposing team to start the, fumble across the goal line to lose a TD and give a touchback, close calls not going our way (Dak fumble), D collapses as soon as offense shows up, stupid penalties, etc.

After 100+ years, I don't know why we bother expecting anything different.
Yeah we age like vintage $6 wine.

• Haha
Reactions: Legendary Cock
Defense looks much better, and the play calls make more sense. We’ll know more the next two weeks. Problem, as always, is the offense staying on the field so the defense isn’t facing an avalanche of plays.

i guess it’s going to be a year of people making up things like, “play calls make more sense”.

When it’s 3rd and 8 at the opponents 43, how does it make sense to run the ball up the middle?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
i guess it’s going to be a year of people making up things like, “play calls make more sense”.

When it’s 3rd and 8 at the opponents 43, how does it make sense to run the ball up the middle?
You say that, after having seen the previous 2-9?

If it's broke, fix it.

I know it sucks and it does. It’s hard to watch. It’s what we are right now. Where I differ is I didn’t expect Beamer to be able to change that much this year. We went 2-8 with a rush offense that was one of the best we’ve had.

But this was expected. The line closed at -4. I believe it opened at +1.5. The experts expected this to be a close game.

For those blaming Beamer, our defense looks MUCH improved. Can he not get some credit for that?
I think the defense looks vastly improved. We're getting pressure on the QB and teams aren't gashing us in the run game.

I think the defense looks vastly improved. We're getting pressure on the QB and teams aren't gashing us in the run game.
The defense is going to get lit up next week, so while it is improved some we do not have the size nor athletes yet. I honestly wonder if we will score on Georgia, if they want to shut us out they probably can.

I agree with others that our D is MUCH improved. Our D line especially is starting to live up to its potential.
Special teams are pretty good too so far.

Our offense, however, is atrocious. To have the RB stable we have and for our veteran OL to be so porous is really disheartening. So far, I'm completely unimpressed with Satterfield.

And we need a lot of help at QB. Like, A LOT a lot. Here's hoping Doty is truly that much better than everyone else and has improved his passing since last year.

Idiotic take after two games with a new coach, new system, starting QB out, no returning proven receivers , no returning proven DB's, zero depth at LB... It wasn't pretty today, but....

Defense has played way better than expected.
Special Teams has played way better than expected
We have already won as many games as all of last year with 10 to go

I understand the competition levels, but how about let this staff finish a season before we make such rash judgement.

I agree with others that our D is MUCH improved. Our D line especially is starting to live up to its potential.

Our offense, however, is atrocious. To have the RB stable we have and for our veteran OL to be so porous is really disheartening. So far, I'm completely unimpressed with Satterfield.

And we need a lot of help at QB. Like, A LOT a lot. Here's hoping Doty is truly that much better than everyone else and has improved his passing since last year.
Not to mention ECU is 1 of the 2 or 3 worst teams we play all season. If the bad O-line and QB play continue it will be a very long season. And this is not being pessimistic, this is realism.

I think part of it is that teams don't believe we can pass so they're blitzing LBs through the line and it's working. Zeb is not very good.

This is the wrong take. The defense is much better. The offense is about the same right now but a much higher upside. I'd take Zeb over CH any day.

Let's see how we are doing in mid-October when we have Doty at QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT