ADVERTISEMENT

Not overly impressed with the staff....

The entire “search” was a sham, it was a staged setup. Ray Ray wasn’t serious about giving anyone else a real shot. This is now abundantly clear as we see how much of the status quo is being retained.
I'm willing to give Beamer a chance, but we may have been better off hiring Shawn Elliott. GA State did a good job this weekend. 6-4 record. Not a flashy hire, but he's doing a decent job. He probably would have been a better pick that Muskrat.

What a bunch of armchairs! Fact is, 1. As much continuity as possible, 2. After talking to players, comfort level, 3. New blood in ST and well SB is an OC in his own right. 4. Last, take your time and dont listen to dumbasses on a 10 dollar a month board for advice. They cant afford the damn tickets much less make realistic contributions to the bottom line. Just sayin!

I actually like the ST coaching hire but that’s not nearly as important, that’s the one area Beamer actually has a little experience. Keeping Bobo as OC is mind boggling, the fans were lied to as usual.

Oklahoma is NOT an air raid system they run the ball at least 55% of the time. There offense is much closer to Auburn than Mike Leach air raid. Please watch Oklahoma play
LMAO.....please leave Tater. You know not what you speak of.
L. Riley is running the ball a lot lately....which is part of the Air Raid. Pre snap numbers reads, etc. So, if his QB gets a certain box number without any creeping blitz players...yeah- they'll run a whole lot because the latest trend is to throw numbers at the back end of defense to stop the system. They will run 70% of the time if that's what the defense gives them.

Leach has gone crazy with his version. He wants to pass, pass, pass, etc. He's become predictable...so one of the forefront AR guys (Leach).....has fallen off the last few years you will see....due to predictability. He didn't invent the offense....and should go back to basics: take what the defense gives you.

Avg 40 runs 27 passes call it what you want not air raid
It's 100% air raid. It' s pretty much all Lincoln knows or wants to do. QBd in it, inside receiver coach in it, OCd in it...got passed up by USC and Ray Tanner, then went to OU to OC, and then HC with it.
Stoops was made a believer when that offense gave him a national champion and made OU football come back to life after the listless 90s without an offensive identity.

if you are keeping almost half of the current staff. I am sure he knows better than me, but I honestly was expecting more, especially for the OC position after his initial press conference.
The big thing with Bobo being retained is that he has been successful as an OC in the SEC before, had some success at CSU as an OC (called the plays at least) and will be under the influence of things that coach Beamer wants to change about his approach. The guy is a veteran and can adapt and knows how to call plays, and coach. It’s really not difficult for me to see why he was retained.

Last edited:
Reactions: garnet_reign
It doesn't matter who the coordinators are if we don't upgrade our talent at key positions. I think Bobo was fairly successful with the personnel he had at his disposal. My biggest concern is we had one real threat at the WR position this season and he'll be gone. Does this staff have what it takes to go out and recruit those players that will make us better? We can only hope that transfer portal brings us some players.

Did you think Muschamp was a good hire? Did you think his rebuild was on schedule? Did you think Roper would be a good OC? How about Bobo? If the answers to any of these questions is yes, I'm not taking anything you say seriously.
No, no, no, yes. Ah, so close.

Reactions: kotr
Did you think Muschamp was a good hire? Did you think his rebuild was on schedule? Did you think Roper would be a good OC? How about Bobo? If the answers to any of these questions is yes, I'm not taking anything you say seriously.
Bobo is a solid OC. We had no skill talent outside of RB to work with last year. He was successful as an OC at UGA and his Colorado offenses were fine. He is a good play caller, good QB coach.., We may be down on retaining him because it reminds us of a bad season but the bad season was not his fault. We have to upgrade our WR talent or no OC will look competent here. Adding an OL coach who he is very familiar with should only help things as well. I wish we had cleaned house on the defensive side of the ball, but there is more than just saving a few bucks behind the retention of Bobo. Also, keep in mind his relationships with future recruits...

It doesn't matter who the coordinators are if we don't upgrade our talent at key positions. I think Bobo was fairly successful with the personnel he had at his disposal. My biggest concern is we had one real threat at the WR position this season and he'll be gone. Does this staff have what it takes to go out and recruit those players that will make us better? We can only hope that transfer portal brings us some players.

This. Hopefully they can also find out what the hell is wrong with some of the guys already on scholarship. I don't know the numbers but I believe some of these guys were highly sought coming out of hs

Will friend has been responsible for coaching and recruiting some of the best O-lineman in the country at UT. Coached at UGA and Colo State with Bobo.
UT fans were expecting Friend to be fired this off season. I would say 90% of their fans posting in the UT board thread about his hire by Beamer were saying good riddance. They feel like their 5 star OL regressed under Friend and was severely under performing.

I suspect Bobo pushed this hire on Beamer, Bobo and Friend are longtime good friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1
LMAO.....please leave Tater. You know not what you speak of.
L. Riley is running the ball a lot lately....which is part of the Air Raid. Pre snap numbers reads, etc. So, if his QB gets a certain box number without any creeping blitz players...yeah- they'll run a whole lot because the latest trend is to throw numbers at the back end of defense to stop the system. They will run 70% of the time if that's what the defense gives them.

Leach has gone crazy with his version. He wants to pass, pass, pass, etc. He's become predictable...so one of the forefront AR guys (Leach).....has fallen off the last few years you will see....due to predictability. He didn't invent the offense....and should go back to basics: take what the defense gives you.
Tater lol

It's 100% air raid. It' s pretty much all Lincoln knows or wants to do. QBd in it, inside receiver coach in it, OCd in it...got passed up by USC and Ray Tanner, then went to OU to OC, and then HC with it.
Stoops was made a believer when that offense gave him a national champion and made OU football come back to life after the listless 90s without an offensive identity.
How can a run heavy scheme be classified as an air-raid. That’s all I’m asking

Reactions: garnet_reign
After Ray Tanner fired Will Muschamp he said this, "....I think that it’s important that we get an offensive-oriented type of situation, whether it’s the head coach or fantastic coordinator, to move the needle in that capacity."

We then proceeded to hire a TE coach for HC and kept the OC that was 99th in the country in offense this past season.

U of SC is a complete joke.
No one is holding a gun to your head. Pick another team to pull for.

Looking into it further, I like the Friend OL coach hire. Be and Bobo have worked together a lot in the past! An OL coach and OC having a shared vision is vital to the success of an OL coach and I just do know for sure that Wolf and Bobo ever fully saw eye to eye. Maybe they were perfectly aligned, but it just felt like the pass protection schemes did not go with what we were trying to pull off sometimes. Watching the games as a fan it becomes hard to tell if it is a personnel issue, just plain old mistakes/busted assignments or if it is a scheme issue sometimes... but our OL sure looked out of synch with the play at times.

I like the Kimrey hire. He is a Gamecock to the core, he is smart and inspiring and has been a tremendous success as a HS coach, knows many of our players and understands the challenges we face. I hope he is a big success...

I like that we are keeping Kitchings- our RBs have shown tremendous improvement under him.

Bobo is a good OC. What Shane said is true. He was a fantastic OC at UGA, and parlayed his success into a HC gig. CSU did not thrive under him as HC, and frankly neither did USC in the few games he took over for WM this year, but we are not asking him to be the HC. People felt he was the reason we stuck with Hill so long last year but he replaced Hill with Doty after just two quarters as HC so I feel that was debunked rather quickly, and frankly his criticisms of RH were spot on and if he can identify the issue with RH’s technique I suspect be has a way to fix it too. Weshiumd have 2-3... Maybe 4 (if you count DJ)? QBs on roster with experience at the position next year. If we can find a couple WRs.., 🤷‍♂️ If we don’t find some targets for them to throw to, it won’t matter if we had Mahomes at QB and Andy Reid as OC, this offense will SUCK.,

Overall I like the new hires and the moves he has made on the offensive side of the ball. ON DEFENSE- it is a whole different story. I am uoset he is keeping ANY defensive coaches. Our DL has done a decent job of pass rushing but they are undersized and get no push when we need it. That feels like a choice to me as we HAVE guys with big frames who could get bigger... Maybe it is a preference for speed over strength? Maybe the S&C coach was garbage?? I don’t know but keeping the DL coach and ANY position coach from that D was a mistake IMO. We need more talent especially at DB and LB, but it is discouraging to me that we kept those guys..

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
UT fans were expecting Friend to be fired this off season. I would say 90% of their fans posting in the UT board thread about his hire by Beamer were saying good riddance. They feel like their 5 star OL regressed under Friend and was severely under performing.

I suspect Bobo pushed this hire on Beamer, Bobo and Friend are longtime good friends.
They are well acquainted with each other’s coaching style which is a tremendous boon for any offensive staff. An OL coach’s effectiveness is directly correlated to talent he has (obviously like any position coach) and more so than many position coaches- their ability and WILLINGNESS to do what the OC needs for the offense to be successful. If the OC and OL coach are out of sync, it leads to dysfunction across the entire offense! Hiring someone that the OC WANTS is wayyyy better than sticking an OC intk and existing staff with an OL coach they are unfamiliar with. That is something Boom never figured out and it sunk him at two jobs, Beamer got it right first try! We will have to improve our talent on offense to see it bear fruit but we have a foundation of cohesive, experienced guys at the most important offensive coaching positions on our team right now and that is a solid base to build from. Perceived nepotism in these scenarios is usually more about that benefit of familiarity than it is about simply “hiring a dear old friend”.

I am interested to see who we get to coach WRs. I think that positions one of the most unique to coach and most any talented wideout can help a young player run better routes or show them proper technique to catch the ball. It would be cool to get a former Wr with a name kids recognize for recruiting at that position. If we land someone whohas some name cache we might get some second looks from guys who were not on our radar... It would be like hiring Deon as a DB coach!

The only offense the team excelled in was Harris running the ball. The other stats were at the bottom of college stats. Bobo's big issue was refusing to let any other QB play beside Hill. We'll see if he tells him to hit the road. Bobo was told to leave UGA and then was fired from Colorado St. We can't see the forest for the trees.

The only offense the team excelled in was Harris running the ball. The other stats were at the bottom of college stats. Bobo's big issue was refusing to let any other QB play beside Hill. We'll see if he tells him to hit the road. Bobo was told to leave UGA and then was fired from Colorado St. We can't see the forest for the trees.
“Told to leave”? LMAO! He had just been a finalist for the Broyles award less than two years before he left UGA to become the HC at CSU. He was hardly forced out the door there... That was completely made up. He was one of the most successful OCs of all time there and coached three fo their best QBs of all time as OC/QB coach. He was not pushed out the door or “told to leave”, and frankly their offense got worse after he left. No need to maje stuff up diminish the accomplishments of one of our coaches. UGA had multiple rumors swirling around about people wanting him to go back there when we hired him last year... He is a good OC, but we need more talent for any OC to succeed here.

Rocker just has been here 1 year. I'm sure their are many in the League who will testify to his credibility. Some of you fellows Must Be Undercover taters in disguise. Now I understand why some
fanbases think We Are IDIOTS. Some of us literally don't know what in Hades we are talking about. When Rocker does leave you can bet it will be for a better opportunity.

No Clemson fan here.

I saw our defensive line pushed all over the field the entire year. We finished 13th in sacks and 13th against the run in the SEC out of 14 teams. If other teams are clamoring to get our DL coach based on those results, I say let him go.

Last edited:
“Told to leave”? LMAO! He had just been a finalist for the Broyles award less than two years before he left UGA to become the HC at CSU. He was hardly forced out the door there... That was completely made up. He was one of the most successful OCs of all time there and coached three fo their best QBs of all time as OC/QB coach. He was not pushed out the door or “told to leave”, and frankly their offense got worse after he left. No need to maje stuff up diminish the accomplishments of one of our coaches. UGA had multiple rumors swirling around about people wanting him to go back there when we hired him last year... He is a good OC, but we need more talent for any OC to succeed here.
That's strange I read the year he left that the Georgia people were tired of him because his offenses were too conservative. I still believe he was fired at Colorado St. I guess that was an error too.

Reactions: Brace1
It doesn't work like that. We all love USC for some god awful reason. We can't just choose another love.
Simply not true. If someone is constantly unhappy as many are on this board, then.they need to find another team or another hobby.

Simply not true. If someone is constantly unhappy as many are on this board, then.they need to find another team or another hobby.

I mean it is true. We actually love the university and football program. We're not just saying we love something to get a job.

Are those people really unhappy? Do you think they cant separate college football from their life just like you?
Apparently they can't. They are on this board incessantly moaning and crying about everything day in and day out. It's time to move on if that's all they can do.

One can believe Bobo is a good coach but still not the right fit for the program. His history of offense, while mostly competent to good, has leaned conservative and lots of fans would have prefered we have moved forward with a more innovative and explosive offense My biggest concern is wr, recruiting wise with the system he runs and rep as a smash mouth guy, I think it's going to be difficult to recruit game-changing wr's. Also not a fan of the friend hire given that I don't understand how tenn's online could underperform with that talent and also the fans obviously weren't sad to see him go. However, if we were set on keeping Bobo I guess it makes sense given their familiarity and that at least makes it easier to swallow.

Essentially what I'm saying is sure Bobo's good, but is good really all were shooting for? I was personally hoping to be blown away...really just underwhelmed, that's all.

Last edited:
Apparently they can't. They are on this board incessantly moaning and crying about everything day in and day out. It's time to move on if that's all they can do.

"Moaning and crying" seems a lot like the normal posting of those that oppose them, just from the other side. I think it's the opinion they hold that is your real problem with them.

Sorry, but as we can see on our own board, the word of fans isn't and shouldn't be the gospel.

"Moaning and crying" seems a lot like the normal posting of those that oppose them, just from the other side. I think it's the opinion they hold that is your real problem with them.
I don't care about their opinion. I just think it's ridiculous for people who are that unhappy to continue being gamecock fans. If I was unhappy with any hobby, I would change what I was doing.

That's strange I read the year he left that the Georgia people were tired of him because his offenses were too conservative. I still believe he was fired at Colorado St. I guess that was an error too.
Oh he was absolutely fired from CSU! I did not intend to imply otherwise...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT