ADVERTISEMENT

Not that it really matter . But this is the dumbest call ever

Not a bad play call. Bad decision to throw a sure interception. If a play collapses, is there a plan B besides throwing an interception? Throwing the ball away? Try and run it yourself?

Doty drives down the field and you take him out for a wildcat and that madness? Could have been 14-7 but instead the wheels completely fall off. Even still the players showed fight in the second half. Out coaches need to do better by them and their effort and not set them up for failure.

The play call really wasn't bad. Those work all the time.

The decision to throw the ball was inexcusable by Burch.
How do you blame Burch? He’s a defensive end for gods sake. It was a terrible play call (actually 1st down as well) and should have never happened. Why not throw Parker White in there or a punter or you can just do what you did the entire drive? How hard is this? Seriously? I think it’s harder to come up with these two plays than it is to call the plays that probably would have scored. This is the dumbest poorly coached football I have ever watched. It’s not the players!!!

Reactions: JGH 35 and SOSUSC
How do you blame Burch? He’s a defensive end for gods sake. It was a terrible play call (actually 1st down as well) and should have never happened. Why not throw Parker White in there or a punter or you can just do what you did the entire drive? How hard is this? Seriously? I think it’s harder to come up with these two plays than it is to call the plays that probably would have scored. This is the dumbest poorly coached football I have ever watched. It’s not the players!!!
You would assume they practiced the play. A college football player should know what happens when you throw the ball to three defenders.

Reactions: CarolinaCocky83
Agree. Dumb play call. We need to set the players up for success.

What quality coach in America doesn’t insert a defensive lineman to throw a pass into the end zone on 2nd and goal at the two?? I’m pretty sure Jamie Chadwell at Coastal would have done it, right? Maybe Beamer is ahead of his time. I somehow think a thousand coaches at all levels around the country are asking themselves out loud: “he did what!!!????”

You would assume they practiced the play. A college football player should know what happens when you throw the ball to three defenders.
The fact that they even practiced a play like this on the goal line is seriously concerning. They have a 6’ 7” guy on the team that has had maybe 1 ball thrown his way in the end zone this entire season but they run this play?

Goal line passing plays:
6’ 7” guy = 1
Jordan Burch as a passer = 1

Someone please make this make sense.

Really is. I mean what’s the best that can happen....you piss off 8-9 rbs,qbs,wrs,te that work their butt off and get denied a TD chance so a DL can get one?
Worst that can happen: he blows his knee out taking a shot or piled up on and national media goes into frenzy about how colossal a pile of dogsh$t this program is.
What happened: second worst thing....INt in end zone and alerts national media that the circus is in town permanently in Columbia.

That was a stupid ass play call, even if it had worked.
Right. Stay tuned for next week when we line up a TE in the shotgun at the 1 with first and goal to go, and he just takes the snap .... turns around and throws it to the 50 yard line to see if the officials will call it a fumble or an incomplete pass.

• Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
The fact that they even practiced a play like this on the goal line is seriously concerning. They have a 6’ 7” guy on the team that has had maybe 1 ball thrown his way in the end zone this entire season but they run this play?

Goal line passing plays:
6’ 7” guy = 1
Jordan Burch as a passer = 1

Someone please make this make sense.
Do you fundamentally not understand how trick plays work?

Do you fundamentally not understand how trick plays work?
I understand how trick plays work but don’t believe they needed to call that play when they are actually running the ball well with Harris during that drive. The D was on their heels and we let them off the hook. We basically gave up on trying to score with Joyners play and that atrocity. Defending this nonsense is absurd.

I understand how trick plays work but don’t believe they needed to call that play when they are actually running the ball well with Harris during that drive. The D was on their heels and we let them off the hook. We basically gave up on trying to score with Joyners play and that atrocity. Defending this nonsense is absurd.
Has the Joyner wildcat even worked once this season?

Would of been a good play if it had worked. Like all of them. But it didn’t. It had no chance with that coverage. What I don’t understand is why it was run to the short side of the field. I guess because that side was to the throwing hand of the passer. So, a bad play results.

TE passes to a TE. It's almost like we hired a TE coach with zero OC/HC experience.
Burch is a DE and has the same number as Brooks, a WR. IIRC the NCAA rule says that two players can have the same number if they play on opposite sides of the ball....that would eliminate Burch from being able to throw the pass. Brooks would have to be the culprit.

Lol it didn’t change the course of the game. This is an overreaction.
Seriously?

We would have gotten to within a TD of Tennessee with a good play call or two. Instead we put our defense back out there staring down a 14-0 deficit with probably a little bit of hopelessness in their minds.

Tennessee on the other hand comes back out on offense with tons of momentum and drives it down our throats. Game over at that point.

Psychology and momentum are a big part of sports whether you choose to acknowledge that or not. Those ridiculous play calls killed any chance of a competitive game going forward. It was the turning point.

Seriously?

We would have gotten to within a TD of Tennessee with a good play call or two. Instead we put our defense back out there staring down a 14-0 deficit with probably a little bit of hopelessness in their minds.

Tennessee on the other hand comes back out on offense with tons of momentum and drives it down our throats. Game over at that point.

Psychology and momentum are a big part of sports whether you choose to acknowledge that or not. Those ridiculous play calls killed any chance of a competitive game going forward. It was the turning point.

Dude. We gave up 28 points in the first quarter. Pretending we had any chance in that game is being oblivious.

Reactions: cadcock
Dude. We gave up 28 points in the first quarter. Pretending we had any chance in that game is being oblivious.
I didn’t agree...but you are also probably right. I think it massively affected the first half....but I knew we had no chance overall. I just thought it wouldn’t be an easy 38 first half points ....and they basically cruised an entire half while getting reserves some time here and there.

Reactions: cadcock
Burch is a DE and has the same number as Brooks, a WR. IIRC the NCAA rule says that two players can have the same number if they play on opposite sides of the ball....that would eliminate Burch from being able to throw the pass. Brooks would have to be the culprit.
No, they just can't be on the field at the same time. That would be a penalty. It was Burch, total clown show coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT