ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mortgage Lenders

OldWiseCock

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia
Anyone a mortgage broker?

My wife and I are refinancing while rates are still low. Doing it with Bank of America now and it is a mess. They cannot seem to keep track of the documents they send us and we return. They update their "action list" daily and request the same documents. Then they add a new request and then suddenly delete it. On top of that, they sent a stack of papers regular mail which we signed and sent back and then requested the same documents in an email. I know underwriting is a painstaking process but this is too much.

I'd really like to deal with a local lender. Either a broker or a savings and loan.

Just a word to the wise fellow Gamecock. Dump Bof A. They suck. If you think its bad now, wait till you start the mortgage "servicing" time. Its horrible and a damn nightmare. Go to some other entity like Mortgage Network or to be honest, Rocket Mortgage is cheap and do the legwork.
I'll check on Mortgage Network. Rocket Mortgage has some of the highest rates around. Sage Mortgage has the lowest rates according to bankrate.com. I really want someone I can talk to locally.

I use Clint Hammond with Mortgage Network and he advertises on GamecockCentral. The are great and very organized.
I don't see an ad, but I looked them up. Their office is on Millwood Ave. in Columbia. Do you have a number for Clint Hammond?

Better.com. I refinanced with them twice in 2020. They have decent rates but if you can get an LE from another broker that’s really good better will beat it.

last year they also had am Amex offer which is gone now but because of that I did it twice. I think between the two I cut my payment by over $300 and actually pocketed over $4500.

I used Clint Hammond's group at Mortgage Network to originate a mortgage in 2019. It was a good experience (although the documentation requirements now are ridiculous, not their fault). Haven't used him for a re-fi, but left with a good impression.

Henry Savage. PMC Mortgage. They're in Mt Pleasant but they are the best in the business. It's worth a call.

I used Clint Hammond's group at Mortgage Network to originate a mortgage in 2019. It was a good experience (although the documentation requirements now are ridiculous, not their fault). Haven't used him for a re-fi, but left with a good impression.
I don't mind the paperwork because I understand what they want and why they want it. I don't mind follow up requests and writing explanations because one answer can lead to more questions. What I don't like is when the experience is so convoluted that they can't keep track of their own requests and my replies.

My wife and I are refinancing while rates are still low. Doing it with Bank of America now and it is a mess. They cannot seem to keep track of the documents they send us and we return. They update their "action list" daily and request the same documents. Then they add a new request and then suddenly delete it. On top of that, they sent a stack of papers regular mail which we signed and sent back and then requested the same documents in an email. I know underwriting is a painstaking process but this is too much.

I'd really like to deal with a local lender. Either a broker or a savings and loan.
Closing on a home equity loan tomorrow with Rocket Mortgage...they've been pretty easy to deal with, other than I had to get 3 appraisals, all by Rocket, but after a month or so, another appraisal. 3.3% 30 yr fixed

Liz Kelly 803-463-2338. She knows what she’s doing in regards to the myriad of forms. Painless for me but I know she worked her ass off. Tell her Disco sent you.

Sounds like you’re getting the boogaloogians because they know rates will go up underBeijing Biden.

Reactions: jonesz21
I'd use Heyward Cathcart with Guild Mortgage. Knowledgable and great personal service. I was in the commercial mortgage banking business for 13 years. For residential mortgages I recommend Heyward.

I'd use Heyward Cathcart with Guild Mortgage. Knowledgable and great personal service. I was in the commercial mortgage banking business for 13 years. For residential mortgages I recommend Heyward.
Do you have a phone number?

I'm going to call him, Jennifer Bowie and Clint Hammond tomorrow.

Do you have a phone number?

I'm going to call him, Jennifer Bowie and Clint Hammond tomorrow.

And

I normally use USAA but bought a house last fall and they were not offering new mortgages.

I used Guilde Mortgage this time who I don't think is totally local but I was pleased with the process and rates.

This is reflective of the decline of customer service in our new world economy. You cannot hire good people anymore, and most companies don't care about providing good service because no one else is providing it either.....because it cost to much apparently. Customer service is either outsourced to a computer, India, or provided by hiring under qualified persons because nobody wants to work at a tedious and meticulous job when they can get government entitlements that compensate on par. You will love it when they force a national $15 minimum wage on us. Welcome to the new normal. As most here have said, you are better off going with a locally owned small provider than a big corporation like BofA which is essentially a mirror image of our big government bureaucracy. "If there is a problem we must need more unqualified people and more layers of checks and balances".

Anyone has a link that tell you the current rate without providing you SSN and personal information?

Thanks

Just got a cash-out refi rate of 2.975% and a second home jumbo loan at 3.125%. Both are 30-year loans. I live in GA, but if you need a good broker for a great rate, let me know.

I'm a real estate attorney and can vouch both for the Bowies and for Guild Mortgage. They both do good work with a minimum of fees.

Call Chris McDonald at Bay Equity Home Loans 803 5539287

He said he is ready to help you right now...

He is also my son 😁

Last edited:
2.99 %, Cash Out re-fi and a true no-cost. 30 Year

PMC Mortgage my dudes I'm telling you. Henry and Erin. They make it so super easy, buying a car is harder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silverspur02
We used Wells Fargo twice. They sold our first loan to another company and about a decade later we refied again with them. Now we're less than a year from paying it off.

2nd Better.com recently completed a mortgage with them and it was seamless. Site is great as well and tracks all your uploaded docs. Customer Service was great. Can actually choose your rate/options.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT