ADVERTISEMENT

OT: what is on your sports bucket list?

Dec 7, 2021
I searched and didn't see a thread about this. What would be a couple of things on your sports bucket list that you would want to see, go to, do, etc.?

I'd like to go to a Champion's League final and would like to go to the French Open final.

A trip to Omaha. No, I have not been. I won't go unless Smalls can go with me. He couldn't go back in 2010-2012.
Taking my Daddy to a game at Dodgers Stadium, and meeting Sandy Koufax.
I'll get to check one off the list in April when I take Smalls to his first Masters.
Chavez the most beautiful/best views ever seen.
Meeting sandy might be a stretch, he’s low key, although I did witness…

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
I’m pretty lucky. In person I have:
1. Saw my Braves in the World Series this year.
2. Seen my Falcons in the NFC Championship. Don’t get me started on the Super Bowl. Also saw them at Lambeau
3. Saw the Gamecock baseball team win a title in Omaha. Also saw them at Rosenblatt.
4. Got to travel to the sweet 16 and final 4 for Mens basketball.
5. I guess the best football moments for me in person were beating Alabama at home and a couple of bowl wins. Beating Clemsux in person is always nice, but it’s been too long.

Last edited:
I want to do a trip where I see the Tour de France in some small mountain town and then head to London to see Wimbledon.

Baseball game at San Fran, Wrigley, maybe Pittsburgh.

Football game at Seattle, Camp Randall, and Lambeau.

I’m pretty lucky. In person I have:
1. Saw my Braves in the World Series this year.
2. Seen my Falcons in the NFC Championship. Don’t get me started on the Super Bowl. Also saw them at Lambeau
3. Saw the Gamecock baseball team win a title in Omaha. Also saw them at Rosenblatt.
4. Got to travel to the sweet 16 and final 4 for Mens basketball.
5. I guess the best football moments for me in person were beating Alabama at home and a couple of bowl wins. Beating Clemsux in person is always nice, but it’s been too long.
We’ll, sounds like you’ve got most of them (I’m jealous), picked out yer coffin yet🤣

We’ll, sounds like you’ve got most of them (I’m jealous), picked out yer coffin yet🤣
I hope I’m only halfway home but when those moments come up, I go. I’m fortunate to have an understanding spouse.

Sports are my passion and I love being there. Nothing like it! But I do eat Ramen noodles a lot in the off season…..LOL

• Love
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I hope I’m only halfway home but when those moments come up, I go. I’m fortunate to have an understanding spouse.

Sports are my passion and I love being there. Nothing like it! But I do eat Ramen noodles a lot in the off season…..LOL

“Nothing like it!” U nailed it😉…….something to carry to our coffin or urns.😁

Checked off Lambeau Field in 96, NFC Championship game vs. Panthers, I've almost thawed out lol.
I would like to see an EARLY season game at Lambeau. 😂

If you are bored, and lord knows this Clemson game is boring, watch this 30 min behind the scenes documentary on preparing Lambeau for a game. It shows everything from field prep to food services to sideline technology and the refs. Very interesting…to me, at least. It’s produced by the NFL network.

And I know it says video unavailable, but the link opens on YouTube.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
I've been to Wrigley twice, the night race in Bristol several times back when NASCAR was good, and have been fortunate enough to see many Masters, including Fred Couples in 1992.

Other than the Gamecocks in another SECCG someday, I'd love to go to Fenway, Lambeau, to a (British) Open Championship with my brother, and to a winter Olympics with my wife. And this is probably controversial, but I'd like to see a bullfight in Spain before they are banned (which will happen someday).

Got 3 Tour de France including Paris in Lance ‘the Cheat’ final tour victory

got to Notre Dame for the Navy Game this year. I would encourage you to put that on your list

been to Fenway for a Sox/Yankees game. Final four-Got last year in San Antonio when our girls got cheated.

Been to Roland Garros but not Wimbledon

haven’t been to Wrigley for a game or Lambeau. Definitely on the bucket list. New Zealand for an All-Blacks game against South Africa or France would be at the top as well.

like to see a Super Bowl with Cowboys or Raiders.

would like to get to Michigan for a game. Been to The Coloseum for a USC-Left game.

Reactions: thebittertruth
I've been to Wrigley twice, the night race in Bristol several times back when NASCAR was good, and have been fortunate enough to see many Masters, including Fred Couples in 1992.

Other than the Gamecocks in another SECCG someday, I'd love to go to Fenway, Lambeau, to a (British) Open Championship with my brother, and to a winter Olympics with my wife. And this is probably controversial, but I'd like to see a bullfight in Spain before they are banned (which will happen someday).
Spain!….. tell us the real reason……yer lilly white just wants the wine!

• Haha
Reactions: Fish&Grits
Ben to Fenway, Wrigley, Toronto, Cooperstown, old Yankee and New Yankee, Boston, Camden Yards, Old Tiger Stadium, Cleveland, Both Atlantas, Pittsburg, Cincy, White Sox. Most of the SEC football except ATM and Mizzou, Lambeau, Masters, Quail Hollow, Panthers, Omaha, . Cooperstown was awesome because I got to see and talk to Yogi Berra at a restaurant. He was sitting at a table behind me and was so awesome to talk to. Very down to earth.

I have been blessed to travel a bit.

Ben to Fenway, Wrigley, Toronto, Cooperstown, old Yankee and New Yankee, Boston, Camden Yards, Old Tiger Stadium, Cleveland, Both Atlantas, Pittsburg, Cincy, White Sox. Most of the SEC football except ATM and Mizzou, Lambeau, Masters, Quail Hollow, Panthers, Omaha, . Cooperstown was awesome because I got to see and talk to Yogi Berra at a restaurant. He was sitting at a table behind me and was so awesome to talk to. Very down to earth.

Yer a derelict, glad to know I’m not the only one🤣

I searched and didn't see a thread about this. What would be a couple of things on your sports bucket list that you would want to see, go to, do, etc.?

I'd like to go to a Champion's League final and would like to go to the French Open final.
Tiny bit surprised that no one wrote, 'see USC win the football national championship,' but I guess people are not including that because it would be considered fantasy! 😆

Been to Wrigley, Fenway (three times), Camden Yards, and PNC Park, want to see a game at Dodger Stadium, see my Cowboys in ATT Stadium, go to the Masters, and Omaha.

Not sure that I have one that doesn't involve the Gamecocks, but I think going to the PDC World Darts Championship in England, dressing up in a chicken suit (Cocky if they'd let me), getting hammered and acting a complete fool with those crazy bastards would be a right good time.

xxdarts1-superJumbo.jpg

Army-Navy game
A game at West Point. (I was at Annapolis in 1984 and that's all I have to say about that.)
Carolina Hurricanes in a Stanley Cup clincher.
Ohio State band doing the script Ohio.
Iowa home game.

I've been pretty lucky. I saw both baseball national championships, the Citrus Bowl win over Nebraska, Roche's 56-point game, homers by Aaron & Mays, basketball games at Notre Dame and the Palestra, baseball games at Wrigley, Comiskey, PNC Park, Yankee Stadium and Dodger Stadium, Furman's I-AA championship, football games in Athens.

Football:
North Dakota State game in their dome
University of Washington vs University of Oregon game in Eugene
Harvard vs. Yale in Boston

Basketball:
(mens) NCAA Final Four
(womens) NCAA Final Four
(mens) See a Syracuse game at the Carrier Dome

Baseball:
College World Series when Carolina plays there next

Hockey:
Toronto Maple Leaf's game
Nashville Predators game (not really a bucket list but just for the fun of it)

**Hockey would be the only professional sport I would pay to see**

probably the only one that sticks out is Army/Navy. Would love to take my dad before we are both too old.

Also a Ryder Cup maybe

Been to…
Omaha x2 glorious years
Masters x3
Quail Hollow many times plus PGA
walked the Ocean Course at St Andrews
20+ MLB parks plus Wrigley x3
World Series 2016 game 1
us beat Bama football
us beat UK basketball
Dick Trickle’s lone Nascar win

A trip to Omaha. No, I have not been. I won't go unless Smalls can go with me. He couldn't go back in 2010-2012.
Taking my Daddy to a game at Dodgers Stadium, and meeting Sandy Koufax.
I'll get to check one off the list in April when I take Smalls to his first Masters.
Can't believe you have never been to Omaha.

Reactions: caughtlookin
Got 3 Tour de France including Paris in Lance ‘the Cheat’ final tour victory

got to Notre Dame for the Navy Game this year. I would encourage you to put that on your list

been to Fenway for a Sox/Yankees game. Final four-Got last year in San Antonio when our girls got cheated.

Been to Roland Garros but not Wimbledon

haven’t been to Wrigley for a game or Lambeau. Definitely on the bucket list. New Zealand for an All-Blacks game against South Africa or France would be at the top as well.

like to see a Super Bowl with Cowboys or Raiders.

would like to get to Michigan for a game. Been to The Coloseum for a USC-Left game.
May I ask what is so special about a Norte Dame game? Is it the campus (I've heard it was beautiful) or is it the game atmosphere at ND Stadium? I've been to a Bama football game (many years ago) and got to see the Bear on the sidelines, been to Viles a number of times to watch us play UT. While I don't like UT the Viles have a great game atmosphere.

Last edited:

Man, you've done it all. I don't know of anyone who has visited all of the above venues.

Not too many things for me, but would like to go to Fenway. I will get there at some point, it's been a bucket list item for my boys, and me as well.

We've been to CWS and Wrigley. Most of my/our big vacations have involved the western part of the country. We go to Yellowstone every chance that we get, which isn't often enough, and it's been a while.

Not number 1 on my list but since I haven’t seen anyone else list it, Kentucky Derby.

First is CWS (hopefully with Gamecocks playing in it). Also,
Fenway
Rose Bowl
Wrigley
Red River Shootout (Texas Oklahoma). I love it that they still play it in cotton bowl stadium

would like to make it down to a football game in Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge. Death Valley looks good on TV although I’ve driven past it on the highway and it kinda looks like a dump

Kinda weird, but I'd like to see a North Dakota hockey game at Ralph Engelstad Arena.

When I take inventory, I've been lucky to see a lot of cool stuff, and my experiences have been pretty fulfilling.
It’s cool. I want to hit up a Wyoming Cowboys home football game. Almost did in 2020. I made it to Nebraska but not quite to Wyoming.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
Blessed to have my main ones checked off. Been able to take both kids to the Masters and got to see the Braves win Game 5 of the World Series. Oddly I’ve never been tempted to go to a CFP games. Too much money and I would just get to involved in the games. I’d hate to spend that much money and see them lose. I’ll stick to home games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT