ADVERTISEMENT

OT: what is on your sports bucket list?

Watching the Packers play at Lambeau Field is tops for me. I’d also like to see a baseball game at Wrigley Field, and Fenway Park.

I've done the first two on your list. Never been to Fenway park, though.

Oddly enough, my Lambeau Field visit occurred in Nov 2015, and my wife and I parked right next to some fellow Gamecocks while tailgating. The Packers clobbered the Bears that night, I think the final score was 55-17. We left at the end of the 3rd quarter it was so cold.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
Not too many things for me, but would like to go to Fenway. I will get there at some point, it's been a bucket list item for my boys, and me as well.

We've been to CWS and Wrigley. Most of my/our big vacations have involved the western part of the country. We go to Yellowstone every chance that we get, which isn't often enough, and it's been a while.
I'll take Yellowstone any day of the week over a sporting event.

Omaha, Rose Bowl game, game at the big house, game at penn state, Oregon, Nebraska. I got to see Norte Dame in 06. That was a great trip. Non sports. Yellowstone. Yosemite. Banff national park, Alaska, a hunting trip in montana or New Mexico, the Swiss alps. And Jerusalem. Wife and I checked off a Mediterranean visit to Spain, Italy, and France back in summer of 2018.

Reactions: thebittertruth
May I ask what is so special about a Norte Dame game? Is it the campus (I've heard it was beautiful) or is it the game atmosphere at ND Stadium? I've been to a Bama football game (many years ago) and got to see the Bear on the sidelines, been to Viles a number of times to watch us play UT. While I don't like UT the Viles have a great game atmosphere.
Hey Freddie, went to the Navy Game there this year on a gorgeous sunny fall day with the leaves in full turn. Maybe my fav game day experience. The grotto, the glee
Club, the band in the steps, the players walk through, the band entering the stadium, Notre Dame fight song, push ups in the stands, the golden dome. No tailgating. Everyone walks around eating at the various student housing. It’s really what you expect college football to be.

Hey Freddie, went to the Navy Game there this year on a gorgeous sunny fall day with the leaves in full turn. Maybe my fav game day experience. The grotto, the glee
Club, the band in the steps, the players walk through, the band entering the stadium, Notre Dame fight song, push ups in the stands, the golden dome. No tailgating. Everyone walks around eating at the various student housing. It’s really what you expect college football to be.
Really, no tailgating? Is it prohibited, or just not popular at ND?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT