ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Tanner just said he still feels really good about Muschamp

I told yall the other day, people I know that know stuff say we aren't gonna do anything at all until maybe next year. To much money. They knew going into this year we was gonna have a loosing season, its almost like were tanking out like them NFL teams.

Smh... I weep for humanity. Your people don't know diddly squat. Certainly nothing about grammar. This is Champs last HC season. Promise.

Reactions: ryanwallace13
Smh... I weep for humanity. Your people don't know diddly squat. Certainly nothing about grammar. This is Champs last HC season. Promise.
I hope your right conkrete cock, I'm just telling yall what I heard from my wife's family, there big time donors with a box and all. The money just ain't in it this year. What I've been hearing is next year Maybe, if he still don't get to 6 wins. But I'm all for cutting his ass. I've been saying I'd get one of them reformed coach's like Hugh Freeze or Art Briles an get this thing turned around in a hurry. But see heres the thing, since the Lou Holtz years we been to focused on doing things the right and honest way. The rest of them is all out there cheating and were trying to do it the right way and getting left in the dust! What's that saying about, if you can't beat em join em..

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Are you sure it wasn't this Ray?

MV5BMTc5Nzk0NDcyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDg3OTU2._V1_UY1200_CR150,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Hey guys, it's OKAY. Ray just "assured" us all that we have good coaches in place. Ray's assurance should be all we need. After all, during his tenure as AD, how many times has he seen, firsthand, football teams (or baseball, or basketball) compete for championships?

That is what a lot on this board have said, but now Tanner himself is saying it

But no one on the board is saying 1-6, except me. I'm a bit surprised. It's quite easy to see it coming.
Starting to feel that way. It took me a long time to come around to the "Holbrook isn't working" side and I'm getting close with the football staff.

Well the good news is, by the 3rd weekend in Oct., you'll have your mind made up once and for all. We're going to be 1-6 then.

Reactions: gamecockfan04
Wonder what cult that is? The cult of moral victories? The cult of mediocre being good enough? That's not as cult I wish to be part of, Ray.

I'm not a believer but Ya know, we don't even have any moral victories. I certainly hope that
no one would consider a 21 point loss to Klemsin, where they scored 56 f,ing points a moral victory or, the 24 point loss to alabama, tying their school record for TD passes.

Sorry for the editing without permission but, if it isn't a 'cult' 'THEY' sure sound like one.

Reactions: agantt and Brace1
What got me is he said he doesn't really have many talks with WM. He's confident in believes in him.
Don’t know what part of the interview you heard but I heard him say that he talks to Muschamp 2-3 times per week. He did say that he’s still confident in him

I'd watch that, it sounds almost threatening, and in today's climate, I'd hate to see you get arrested for something stupid like that.

Said it around 3:30
Ok wasn’t listening then but around 240 he said that he talks to Muschamp around 2-3 times per week and that he knows that he’s busy so he has to respect that. If he said later that he doesn’t really have many talks with him then he is contradicting himself

Reactions: agantt
As mad as I am about this year, I still think firing Muschamp at the end of the season (barring a 1-10 season or something else catastrophic happening) would be a mistake. He is definitely not meeting expectations and not looking anything like a D1 Head Coach in the past two years. I just don't think we can throw that buyout money at him. That would haunt us for years to come. He is going to earn every penny this University pays him either by delivering a championship team or suffering through the next few years as a losing coach with Gamecock nation flaming his a$$ day and night; burning all his coaching credibility. I say that partly because I'm not sure I see any coaching upgrades out there- or none that we could afford if we buy Muschamp out. We're stuck with him and he's stuck with us.

I still say we can demand changes in the staff and that needs to be on the plate after the season- assuming there is no big turnaround (yuk yuk).

One thing I do see is the kids playing hard. That is really why this is heartbreaking. We have good players who play hard.

Reactions: 92Pony
Tanner is saying these things to protect his own job. Because if Muschamp goes, so does Tanner. They will not let Tanner hire the next coach for football. Caslen wants to put his stamp on something as well. Use his people, and put them in place to run the show the way he wants it to be run. I think Tanner and Muschamp get past this year no matter what and next year is the deciding year for both. We can not live off of Women's sports success forever. It does not pay the bills or move the needle. Sorry for the rant.

Reactions: cockgun
What got me is he said he doesn't really have many talks with WM. He's confident in believes in him.
I understand he has to say that to an extent, but to say you rarely converse with the head football coach who is struggling says alot about where we are as a program right now!

Now what else could Ray Tanner say about the program? He cannot micromanage WM, because that would certainly not do any good. What could he say to WM that would help? Pure AD speak.

Do you expect Ray Tanner to say we have a dumpster fire at Willy B, and someone quick call 911? Now, that would be more entertaining, and probably more truthful.

That was unbelievable! I’ve never listened to any of Muschamp’s presser’s since he’s been here, and now I’m done with Tanner. I’m flabbergasted brother; I can’t believe”, I just read that garbage! I looked over the transcript because I couldn’t “stomach” listening to Tanner shoot the bull about Muschamp.

As mad as I am about this year, I still think firing Muschamp at the end of the season (barring a 1-10 season or something else catastrophic happening) would be a mistake. He is definitely not meeting expectations and not looking anything like a D1 Head Coach in the past two years. I just don't think we can throw that buyout money at him. That would haunt us for years to come. He is going to earn every penny this University pays him either by delivering a championship team or suffering through the next few years as a losing coach with Gamecock nation flaming his a$$ day and night; burning all his coaching credibility. I say that partly because I'm not sure I see any coaching upgrades out there- or none that we could afford if we buy Muschamp out. We're stuck with him and he's stuck with us.

I still say we can demand changes in the staff and that needs to be on the plate after the season- assuming there is no big turnaround (yuk yuk).

One thing I do see is the kids playing hard. That is really why this is heartbreaking. We have good players who play hard.
How would the buyout haunt us? Keeping Muschamp would haunt us more in my opinion. And if Muschamp is not on the hot seat then something is seriously wrong, the people saying we are stuck with him are opposing fans hoping we keep him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT