ADVERTISEMENT

Ray tanner

Mar 22, 2016
Has literally killed Carolina athletics…every single major men’s sports is in total turmoil and it ALL goes right back to him…this football team is a complete and total embarrassment to what we were when ray tanner took over athletic director…don’t care what any of you have to say about it…until that fat hillbilly bastard is dethroned we will continue to dig ourselves a hole that we will take years to get out of. I’m seriously disgusted by anyone who sees this differently…this is freaking pathetic…it’s gone so far backwards that no one even sees this place as a possibility to regain what spurrier did here

I love Tanner, and like everyone else, didn’t want to see him leave the baseball program. But having Tanner take over as our AD was the same thing as leaving the program and if he wasn’t going to be our next AD and leave.

The BOT should have had the balls and told Tanner, NO! You’re not the next AD.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LakewoodCock
Welcome home. Lol. This is what you get when ex players help pick your coach
We will make a “Buddy” hire again for Rays replacement. We should always ask the question….. Would this person be offered this position at any other SEC school not named Vandy? If the answer is NO….. We shouldn’t hire them either….

Tanner will be here for the remainder of his contract and collect $2 million. Accept it.
Honestly, how many on here would walk away from State retirement for life being as close to that as he is. I do realize this opinion will not go over well here.

Has literally killed Carolina athletics…every single major men’s sports is in total turmoil and it ALL goes right back to him…this football team is a complete and total embarrassment to what we were when ray tanner took over athletic director…don’t care what any of you have to say about it…until that fat hillbilly bastard is dethroned we will continue to dig ourselves a hole that we will take years to get out of. I’m seriously disgusted by anyone who sees this differently…this is freaking pathetic…it’s gone so far backwards that no one even sees this place as a possibility to regain what spurrier did he
You are 100% correct. Tanner is a gullible fool, who has been conned not once but twice now. Agent Jimmy Sexton conned Tanner into believing Muschamp had somehow changed and was a better head coach than other guys who were available and interested. Heck, Lincoln Riley reached out to USC, and Tanner said he was too young. Beamer conned Tanner into believing he had all of these great assistants, Riley’s brother, Bud Foster, et al, who were coming to USC with him. Tanner is a salesman’s dream. The sad part is that we will fire Beamer in 3 or 4 years, and our Board, who could care less about winning as long as they continue to get all of their perks, will let the fool Tanner hire the 3rd head coach at USC. We are truly a train wreck with no hope of ever getting better unless and until somebody (the Legislature?) has the guts to replace the Board and USC gets a competent AD. This mess is ALL on Ray Tanner and the Board!

Tanner is responsible for Muschamp, but definitely not Beamer. He's also not responsible for Martin.
Um, when Tanner left his baseball position and ‘took over’ as our AD, the football program had never been better, at its zenith! Baseball had never been better. Under Tanner’s ineptness our football program is a F’ing JOKE, Holbrook was a disaster, and neither program is anywhere near the level of success when Tanner took over. I believe what I SEE, not what some dimwit in over his head tells me.

Perhaps Kingston will work out? One out of four hires by Tanner is better than going 0fer. He needs to RETIRE TODAY.

Um, when Tanner left his baseball position and ‘took over’ as our AD, the football program had never been better, at its zenith! Baseball had never been better. Under Tanner’s ineptness our football program is a F’ing JOKE, Holbrook was a disaster, and neither program is anywhere near the level of success when Tanner took over. I believe what I SEE, not what some dimwit in over his head tells me.

Perhaps Kingston will work out? One out of four hires by Tanner is better than going 0fer. He needs to RETIRE TODAY.
Well he's not. So whatcha gonna do?

Uh, how is he not responsible for Beamer? I know we were in a tight place financially but that was due to idiot Ray giving Muschamp the undeserved raise and extension. He used that excuse to make the easy, feel good hire by claiming that all Beamer's former players said he would be great. Beamer did not have to happen. We could have had Napier except that Ray tried to force Bobo on him to save money. We could have offered Chadwell enough money to come here and if we had our offense would not look like a complete c*********k.
Not repeating it. Go back through several posts on this subject and read. And finances had nothing to do with it.

Well he's not. So whatcha gonna do?
I don’t know, staying home from games helps no one. I’ll be at the Florida game but they’ll be 20,000 empty seats unless UF fans buy them! Attendance this year had been the worst it’s been in two decades or more. You don’t think others see this shit and wonder about lost revenue. Tanner’s tenure as our AD is as bad as any we’ve had around here in my life. King Dixon’s being the worst in my memory. Tanner is fighting for second place in the ineptness of duties/success!!!

So the guy who hired him is back......Pastides. Yes, he's interim, but in this scenario, it may give him more room to initiate fixing a situation he created.

The people running the school don’t judge success by W/L. Fans do.

Ray is judged by revenue. He is doing a good job because our idiot fans support losing.

If you keeping buying a crap product, then you can’t complain about them not trying to improve it.

I haven't seen anything except a vague reference about something that happened when Beamer was an assistant here, which makes no sense as to why we hired him now.
Posted it several times as have others. Shouldn't be hard to find. Plus, following the published reports oh here, other sites, and the newspapers should give you a good indication of what happened.

I don’t know, staying home from games helps no one. I’ll be at the Florida game but they’ll be 20,000 empty seats unless UF fans buy them! Attendance this year had been the worst it’s been in two decades or more. You don’t think others see this shit and wonder about lost revenue. Tanner’s tenure as our AD is as bad as any we’ve had around here in my life. King Dixon’s being the worst in my memory. Tanner is fighting for second place in the ineptness of duties/success!!!
Attendance is down all over for a variety of reasons. Tanner's tenure is a whole hell of a lot more than the hiring of coaches.....a whole helluva lot more.

Reactions: atl-cock
Staying home doesn’t help as much as it once did. To much of the money comes from TV contracts —- we will always be bottom tier SEC and 2nd or 3rd best team in SC.

Rogue I can’t find the information about Beamer that you get referencing. If you don’t want to post it then care to email me a link. I am interested in learning more.

swusc at yahoo

Rogue I can’t find the information about Beamer that you get referencing. If you don’t want to post it then care to email me a link. I am interested in learning more.

swusc at yahoo
This stuff has been posted a million times this Spring, Summer and Fall about the BOT and power at USC. Yet, we still get constant threads about Tanner that are just plain annoying. Everyone just assumes that Ray is responsible for all of the revenue sport moves. If we were fired or quit, all of you would be running around high-fiving each other but nothing would change. The power is in the hands of the BOT and their crony alumni buddies.

This constant AD posts and re-litigating the coaching hires overwhelms all the other posts on here. I wish we could have two pinned posts:

1. I hate Ray Tanner
2. Beamer should never have been hired

Then the rest of the posts could actually be about the games. Did Brown really do well? Is it a scheme problem or an execution problem? How bad is the OL? Talent v. coaching? Constantly switching RBs? Is the defense regressing or on the field two long? ....

There's a ton of actually interesting things to talk about.

Reactions: atl-cock

swusc at yahoo
I gave the info to goosecreekcocky. He can share it. If I emailed it to you, it wouldn't be too hard to figure out (with a little research) at least one person on the board that I know.

Things have gotten so bad in Gamecock sports, this dude is living vicarious as though supporting Ray Tanner is a sport.
He absolutely has not been "supporting" Ray Tanner but merely pointing out the reality of the power structure at USC. It's the delusional folks who want to think that getting a new AD will solve the problems at USC that's the actually sport on here.

Sorry, but you're not going to get a power AD here without actually also giving the AD the authority. An AD has not been responsible for basketball hiring in two decades and had nothing to do with the current hire.

I gave the info to goosecreekcocky. He can share it. If I emailed it to you, it wouldn't be too hard to figure out (with a little research) at least one person on the board that I know.
I have read a lot of your posts about this, and I think what you are saying is true. But the big issue is that Tanner now has zero incentive for Beamer to succeed. Given the male ego, he might actually want Beamer to fail, of course he would never admit it.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
He absolutely has not been "supporting" Ray Tanner but merely pointing out the reality of the power structure at USC. It's the delusional folks who want to think that getting a new AD will solve the problems at USC that's the actually sport on here.

Sorry, but you're not going to get a power AD here without actually also giving the AD the authority. An AD has not been responsible for basketball hiring in two decades and had nothing to do with the current hire.

Pretending the BOT went out and hired Frank Martin can’t be serious, right?

A lot of these are the same people who think the answer to every problem is fire this person or that person. Then USC can run right out and pick the AD of coach of their choice, the actual best one in the country. I can only imagine these are young, "green" folk who just have never been exposed to organizational politics, or just never have or will be exposed.

I actually agree with Rogue. Our BOT runs things. A lot of rich old guys pulling strings. We actually kicked off one who had a little passion. I mean he did threaten to whip some tater ass in a box one time lmao.

Tanner is responsible for Muschamp, but definitely not Beamer. He's also not responsible for Martin.
You still don’t get it do you? How oblivious can you be. This is like fighting to stay at the bottom. With an attitude like this the Taters are laughing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT