ADVERTISEMENT

That Georgia team

Definitely a great defense but agree on the offense. They will continue to recruit and play well but not sure if they dominate any time soon. Hope I am wrong. Lol

Reactions: Macc Maine
They are loaded with talent but we will challenge them next year. Especially with it being a home game.
A completely healthy Bama team would of beaten UGA. It happens. A healthy Bama would of beat clemson in that first victory over Bama a few years ago. They lost that big RB early.

That Georgia team was probably the best they will be for a while. They lose a lot of starters on both sides of the ball. Their offense wasn’t anything special to begin with. I can see a couple of teams out the East challenging them next season including us at home.
only losing 2 starters on offense

They are the first champions to lose a game since 2017 Bama, ending a streak of 3 straight 15-0 champs. I think the 2016 Bama was better than this year's UGA team, but unfortunately for them they lost their last game instead of their 13th game. Not to take anything away from Georgia. Champs, they are.

Definitely a great defense but agree on the offense. They will continue to recruit and play well but not sure if they dominate any time soon. Hope I am wrong. Lol
The way they dominated on defense this year, they won’t do that again for a while. They lose almost their whole starting lineup.

That Georgia team was probably the best they will be for a while. They lose a lot of starters on both sides of the ball. Their offense wasn’t anything special to begin with. I can see a couple of teams out the East challenging them next season including us at home.
I'd expect the defense to take a step back. But even with a big step back they will likley be the best in the East. I also expect the offense to be better balanced, with someone named Vandergriff or Stockton taking the snaps. I don't know what you saw from teams in the East which would lead you to believe any of them are ready to take the East from UGA. Kentucky probably has the best shot and you really think they are going to do it?

They are loaded with talent but we will challenge them next year. Especially with it being a home game.
A completely healthy Bama team would of beaten UGA. It happens. A healthy Bama would of beat clemson in that first victory over Bama a few years ago. They lost that big RB early.
Agree. Were missing 4 explosive, play-making athletes (two DBs, one WR...then lost the other during the game). That affects your chances of winning for sure.
But...both teams were crazy good.

Reactions: 3USC1801
Their defense was definitely one of the best of all-time - and I'll bet at least 9 of those starters make a 53-man roster at some point. That said, when you are at the top, there's only one way to go after that. They'll still have great talent, and good coaching, but it will be a far cry from this year's squad down the road.

I don't know what that means for USC, but I like our chances with a UGA defense with mostly brand new starters over a veteran group.

Reactions: 3USC1801
I mean lets be real - they are at the Bama reload phase...just more opportunities for the next of their 50+ 5 star players to step in...

Their defense was definitely one of the best of all-time - and I'll bet at least 9 of those starters make a 53-man roster at some point. That said, when you are at the top, there's only one way to go after that. They'll still have great talent, and good coaching, but it will be a far cry from this year's squad down the road.

I don't know what that means for USC, but I like our chances with a UGA defense with mostly brand new starters over a veteran group.
I would have liked to see how 2019 LSU or 2020 Bama would have played them - I think they would either team would have beaten them by 30+ points with those elite offensive play makers

We return 8 or 9 starters on offense and probably 5 starters on defense. We will be very good next year.

Cooke, White, Washington, Picken, and I’m not sure on the OL but they lose more than 3.
White is typically the starter but Cook will be a big loss. Washington was a sophomore this year. 2 OL but we'll be better on the OL next year. 1 starting OL got hurt 1st series against Clemson this year and has been out.

The way they dominated on defense this year, they won’t do that again for a while. They lose almost their whole starting lineup. Kendrick
I mean lets be real - they are at the Bama reload phase...just more opportunities for the next of their 50+ 5 star players to step in...
no team is on the reload phase like Bama. Of course George still will have studs after these guys leave but comparing them or anybody to Bama is crazy. Bama lost a first round QB, 2 WR, and RB. They also lost guys in their secondary and still was a couple of plays short of winning a championship. Georgia will not be in the championship game next season

I would have liked to see how 2019 LSU or 2020 Bama would have played them - I think they would either team would have beaten them by 30+ points with those elite offensive play makers
I agree. They got dog walked with this year Bama team which were young

I'm calling it now. SC beats them at Willie B early next season. This will be the win that gets things going for the program on all levels.....
UGA plays SC next year game 3, sandwiched between games with Samford and Ken State. I'd be very surprised if the Dawgs come out of the Samford game beaten up or look past SC to Kent State. It's UGA's conference opener and it doesn't matter where they play it. Dawgs....big.

And their DC left to become the HC at Oregon.
Yeah, but with Kirby there, I wouldn't expect coaching to be an issue, especially with Muschamp there (his defense is an anachronism, but it'll probably still work with Georgia's roster which has DBs you can expect to disrupt receivers 1-on-1 when defending the RPO)

Edit: nvm

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT