ADVERTISEMENT

That was no team...

Elgringo

Oct 11, 2004
The more I think about it, the more I start to theorize that this team is made up of way too many "me first" guys who believe they have a shot at the NFL and bring little heart to the team. This creates a "me first" culture, leading to players sitting out for stupid reasons (I.e. toothache). This would explain why we've had such shotty luck with injuries and a depleted roster (yes, true injuries must be taken seriously but sometimes the biggest hurdles to recovery are psychological).

My next question would be, who is telling these guys they have the talent for a future NFL gig and is that our main pitch in recruiting? At some point, they have to become a team player. What we saw yesterday was no team. It was a collective group of marginally talented guys going through the motions with no motivation to put it all on the line for the team.

This culture must be created at the top. And if something doesn't change soon, no amount of talent will make a difference.

A Mother of one of our Graduating Seniors yesterday said on Twitter AFTER the game that she did not have to be politically correct anymore... That really surprised me since I thought we had a tight group of players and coaches. Does anyone know if there is a problem between the players and coaches or players vs players?

I saw Bentley’s reply to a ? about Debo not playing and it didn’t sound right to me..it might have been on the pregame show on ch19 when they was tossing the fb around,not sure tho.. not letting certain backups play might be part of the problem also.

I saw Bentley’s reply to a ? about Debo not playing and it didn’t sound right to me..it might have been on the pregame show on ch19 when they was tossing the fb around,not sure tho.. not letting certain backups play might be part of the problem also.
what was his reply ?

what was his reply ?

more/less being political correct saying he like for him to play but understands his decision.but it was the tone in the voice that stood out to me.sounded to me he didn't like the decision . if somebody got it on dvr would be helpful.

The more I think about it, the more I start to theorize that this team is made up of way too many "me first" guys who believe they have a shot at the NFL and bring little heart to the team. This creates a "me first" culture, leading to players sitting out for stupid reasons (I.e. toothache). This would explain why we've had such shotty luck with injuries and a depleted roster (yes, true injuries must be taken seriously but sometimes the biggest hurdles to recovery are psychological).

My next question would be, who is telling these guys they have the talent for a future NFL gig and is that our main pitch in recruiting? At some point, they have to become a team player. What we saw yesterday was no team. It was a collective group of marginally talented guys going through the motions with no motivation to put it all on the line for the team.

This culture must be created at the top. And if something doesn't change soon, no amount of talent will make a difference.

Yeah...teams with good cultures do not lay eggs like that. Speed and leaping ability is great but a kid that wants to win...give me that kid every time.

IMO part of the problem is kids being not understanding how many great players there are and just because they make a few plays....does not mean they are going to do much in the NFL. Debo will probably be a 3rd rounder..maybe late 2nd round if the stars align. There are literally 30 or 40 kids with similar talent and skill coming out this year and every year at the wideout position. He is not going to be the go to guy in the NFL and he may carve ut a nuche if he is willing to take some hits going over the middle..but not the talent he seems to think he is. More than likely he will get a chance to buy a cup of coffee in the NFL and it will be over within a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT