ADVERTISEMENT

The Taters are on an all Sport Roll

Right now how can anybody argue. Top 5 football. Top 20 basketball and top 10 baseball.

Reactions: Zann77
Have for 67 years. I see that, since my sarcasm eluded you, I should have used the red print.

If we could suddenly make everybody 60 years old - perish the thought, as I wish I was 35 again, and I love anyone who is that age - the tone of these posts, whether on here or tnet, would dramatically change. This is not Gallahad vs Satan. There are no white steeds with shining armor. There are people trying to raise families, trying to do a good job. They are all flawed people, yet talented and principled people. They pursue this in environments they cannot completely control. And it can all change in a blink.

A Spurrier can have the wrong thing said to him on a given Wednesday, and mentally he says, "I've had enough of this sh**." And no one would know. And by the time you find out it had happened the cupboard is bare. And he didn't do anything wrong; that's life. And Dabo could take the Bama job tomorrow and take Venables with him.

It can change in a blink. So how can that possibly say anything about who has a right to the high ground? It doesn't. There is no high ground. People are just trying to get daughters and sons grown without effin up. That is all any of us are trying to do. It really doesn't go much further than that. If Person A does that while being good at winning football games, and Person B is not quite as good as that, well, that can change tomorrow. And that is about all there is to it.

If we could suddenly make everybody 60 years old - perish the thought, as I wish I was 35 again, and I love anyone who is that age - the tone of these posts, whether on here or tnet, would dramatically change. This is not Gallahad vs Satan. There are no white steeds with shining armor. There are people trying to raise families, trying to do a good job. They are all flawed people, yet talented and principled people. They pursue this in environments they cannot completely control. And it can all change in a blink.

A Spurrier can have the wrong thing said to him on a given Wednesday, and mentally he says, "I've had enough of this sh**." And no one would know. And by the time you find out it had happened the cupboard is bare. And he didn't do anything wrong; that's life. And Dabo could take the Bama job tomorrow and take Venables with him.

It can change in a blink. So how can that possibly say anything about who has a right to the high ground? It doesn't. There is no high ground. People are just trying to get daughters and sons grown without effin up. That is all any of us are trying to do. It really doesn't go much further than that. If Person A does that while being good at winning football games, and Person B is not quite as good as that, well, that can change tomorrow. And that is about all there is to it.
I think I agree with you.;)

Reactions: Cumberlandsc
All I know is they made Auburn look like a church-league team tonight.
that they did.. that may be the worst loss in the tournament thus far ? Probably the biggest lead at one point ( 43?) in the tourney thus far. Of course, there is the UConn ladies 88 point win a couple days ago ...

Damn! You need to take a drink and relax.

Don't worry. Kansas is another animal. When they make a final 4 let me know. Not sure how baseball is so great. They just got swept at home. Went 2-1 against USC. So 2-4 against anyone with a pulse. Go Taters Go.

Damn! You need to take a drink and relax.

Yeah, but what do you think I been doing? Think I would say all that sober? But no, really, it works about like that. We build it into a reality TV show, when it is nothing of the sort. These are just guys trying to raise families and be good at what they enjoy, same as us. They dont bleed garnet or orange.

Reactions: hhbtiger
After our final four run, taters decided they wanted to be good at basketball. They can't go having USC one up them in anything.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
After our final four run, taters decided they wanted to be good at basketball. They can't go having USC one up them in anything.

Please enlighten us how they did this in one year.

I swear the Internet has allowed some stupid opinions and attitudes to thrive. Everyone has to have an opinion and everything is either black or white. Every issue has turned into this, too.

They have a former Gamecock Associate AD as their AD, and a former Gamecock Assistant as their head baseball coach. Neither should have ever gotten away.

When you say stuff like this, do you actually think about what goes into doing this, or is it just your initial, angry reaction?

We really don't need to glorify the taters on a Gamecock site! You want to say how great they are go to their site. No taters all the time.
I agree with you Garnet Chicken. I would rather lose to the taters in everything for the next 10 years than to have a Clemson diploma on my wall!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT