ADVERTISEMENT

This has got to be the dumbest coaching in USC history

Way, way too predictable on offense.

Apparently we have 2 running plays and that is it.

Oh yeah, and the fade route, the fade route, the fade route, let's call the fade route against the tallest secondary in college football. That's a great plan.

Orth is the worst excuse for a qb ever!! He had already lost this damn game with his shitty passes!! Idiot!

Here's the problem Spurrier retired this season but really did 2 years before that. This is the product of lazy recruiting and resting on ones achievements. It's a sad sight to see the caliber of players especially on offense that he left this School with. Yeah this is a bad staff but they have nothing to work with.

Reactions: jerryusc

Oh yeah, and the fade route, the fade route, the fade route, let's call the fade route against the tallest secondary in college football. That's a great plan.
I thought the 3rd down play should have been a run by Nunez or Orth on a qb keeper. But to ask Orth to throw it like that was bad. He's not a great qb. We ask him to do too much

Reactions: 1Clemson
Here's the problem Spurrier retired this season but really did 2 years before that. This is the product of lazy recruiting and resting on ones achievements. It's a sad sight to see the caliber of players especially on offense that he left this School with. Yeah this is a bad staff but they have nothing to work with.
There is a lot of truth to what you said

Magnus is the OC. A guy a lot of people want to retain. There is a reason MIddle Tenn State wanted him gone. MTS!!!! And now he's an OC in the SEC??? Thanks Steve. The program has been left off worse than Holtz left it.

Just for the record, I have been saying for three years that SOS had already quit, just hasn't left yet.
Look it up.

Magnus is the OC. A guy a lot of people want to retain. There is a reason MIddle Tenn State wanted him gone. MTS!!!! And now he's an OC in the SEC??? Thanks Steve. The program has been left off worse than Holtz left it.

Been saying that too. Nobody has tried to hire him away from us. He's as worthless as any coach on the staff. He and Elliott belong in D-2 ball.

I thought the 3rd down play should have been a run by Nunez or Orth on a qb keeper. But to ask Orth to throw it like that was bad. He's not a great qb. We ask him to do too much

We ask Orth to do too much because of the horrible play calling on first and second downs. We put him behind the 8 ball with 3rd and long every possession. The play calling g is too predictable, even for pee wee leagues.

Every time we go to a hurry up play, we run up,the middle. Even Tommy Suggs was pointing this out on the radio in the 2nd quarter.

Very bad play calling by Mangus- repeatedly.

Reactions: cocknjax

We used to have a good toss sweep and speed sweep that were gainers. Now we have zone read left, zone read right.

Orth is the worst excuse for a qb ever!! He had already lost this damn game with his shitty passes!! Idiot!
Hey, chill. Perry Orth is a WALK ON who had no scholarships offered to him out of high school by ANY school, much less a D1 school. He has done nothing to warrant your contempt. Of course he has had a LOT of difficulty as the starting QB for an SEC team. Why wouldn't he? But he's a good kid, good teammate, shows up and works hard. Give him a break.

Been saying that too. Nobody has tried to hire him away from us. He's as worthless as any coach on the staff. He and Elliott belong in D-2 ball.
He is not good at QB evaluating, either. That says it all about his recruiting abilities.
Please, please let them all be gone in a few weeks.
:)We have CO DC that makes Wally Burnham look like Muschamp. The announcers quit bothering to even mention Ward as DC.

Here's my take on what we have;
The deck was stacked against Elliot being successful from the start because the team's infrastructure didn't change from Spurrier. This Gamecock team had the worst group of defensive coaches in the SEC. There is no way we can gauge Elliot's success as a head coach unless he had time and autonomy to replace his supporting staff (not that I want him as hewad coach).
Perry Orth should be given some credit for being put in a position, against the #1 team in the land, when the guy didn't even rate for a scholarship offer out of HS. He had 3 healthy and capable scholarship guys sitting behind him on the bench. Nunez made some things happen with his feet, but because he is such a poor passer, and lacks vision on the field, he was too predictable when in the game - Clemson knew he was going to run.
Shon Carson is a "gamer", and I fail to see why so many people (and coaches) don't see what he does when in the game. He is durable too unlike Wilds, who doesn't appear to be able to complete a game without getting hurt.
I believe our improvement begins with the hiring of a new coach. I prefer one with HC experience that includes the hiring of support staff. Part with all of the existing staff. Have only 1 coordinator for both Offense and Defense. The 2 defensive coordinators didn't work, and anyone who has ever been in a management position knows the same principle applies anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT