ADVERTISEMENT

This is on Ray

elcidcockfan

Dec 2, 2020
It's honestly hard to believe just how bad this guy can be at hiring coaches. This was set up so we'll for him he had his pick of Napier or Chadwell and really just blew it again. I actually thought for a minute that Caslen, as bad as he was, was going to hold his hand through it but think that Ray and BOT held firm on the easter egg guy. I actually don't blame Shane, I mean who wouldn't want to be a head coach in the sec and get a 1000% raise, however it's clear he's out of his league and we're stuck with a guy who either (a) dosent know what he's doing, or (b) lied to Tanner b/c whatever it was he sold Tanner on isn't what we're seeing on the field. I just feel bad for people for people that are seriously financially invested in this program. Imagine spending significant $$$ for this product. There is no reason this program is near the VERY bottom of division 1 football but folks it is here and get used to it until you stop accepting incompetence.

Reactions: SOSUSC
I was told by someone on here that Ray was not allowed to select the coach this time. So that eliminates him from being responsible. I asked who actually was making the decisions. Then I was told it was some on the BOT, but nobody was named, of course. I was also informed it was mostly former President Caslen's decision. How convenient, blame it on the man that is no longer here. Everybody passing the buck to someone else, and nobody here is really responsible.

I was told by someone on here that Ray was not allowed to select the coach this time. So that eliminates him from being responsible. I asked who actually was making the decisions. Then I was told it was some on the BOT, but nobody was named, of course. I was also informed it was mostly former President Caslen's decision. How convenient, blame it on the man that is no longer here. Everybody passing the buck to someone else, and nobody here is really responsible.
I disagree. We should blame it on everyone involved, passing the buck to everyone. Something is rotten at the University. They can't hire quality people, from President on down. The University of South Carolina is broken.

Ray picked Muschamp, so yes, it's on him. Considering the circumstances, including injuries, there isn't a coach out there that would actually come here that would make a damn bit of difference.

Ray picked Muschamp, so yes, it's on him. Considering the circumstances, including injuries, there isn't a coach out there that would actually come here that would make a damn bit of difference.
We all know the AD picked Muschamp. Who is the person that hired Beamer is the question.

I guarantee Chadwell would have had us at least competitive. We might still be 4-4 anyway, but the product would be better and improving rather than getting worse. He has a proven track record of doing it.

You are 100% correct. Tanner is a gullible fool, who has been conned not once but twice now. Agent Jimmy Sexton conned Tanner into believing Muschamp had somehow changed and was a better head coach than other guys who were available and interested. Heck, Lincoln Riley reached out to USC, and Tanner said he was too young. Beamer conned Tanner into believing he had all of these great assistants, Riley’s brother, Bud Foster, et al, who were coming to USC with him. Tanner is a salesman’s dream. The sad part is that we will fire Beamer in 3 or 4 years, and our Board, who could care less about winning as long as they continue to get all of their perks, will let the fool Tanner hire the 3rd head coach at USC. We are truly a train wreck with no hope of ever getting better unless and until somebody (the Legislature?) has the guts to replace the Board and USC gets a competent AD. This mess is ALL on Ray Tanner and the Board!

Reactions: elcidcockfan
I guarantee Chadwell would have had us at least competitive. We might still be 4-4 anyway, but the product would be better and improving rather than getting worse. He has a proven track record of doing it.

You think you can guarantee that, but you can't. Lots of these up and coming favorites flop coming into schools in a much better situation than Beamer came into.

We need a cold-blooded, Fortune 500 CEO type running things. Someone who makes emotionless business decisions.

... he had his pick of Napier or Chadwell and really just blew it again.

Not that I'm convinced either one of these guys would be a success, much less instant success here, I'm curious where you got this info from? Do you have a link to an article or something or is this insider info?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT