ADVERTISEMENT

THIS IS THE WAY

Horseshoe 04

Jan 5, 2014
West Ramp
1.) Love our university & support & cheer for the girls & boys lacing it up for our school & our brand and their family & for us! These kids will become women & men in front of our eyes & on behalf of our beloved university.

2.) whom ever may currently be hurting or crushing our confidence & optimism at present, let’s leave them out of our threads & conversations and place them in the penalty box until they earn their way out.

3.) Don’t worry about the Clem’s & Rivals that visit this board. Given our state of affairs they are the least of our worries & serve as a reminder when they did respect our programs.

4.) own where we are, we Don’t have a better option, and at present do not deserve it. We may feel like we have paid our dues......we obviously have not. These are not always $ dues

5,) give your heart to the kids trying to fix it! They need to know we are here and on board with them and in support of their journey. (Just a short time ago we were there, evolving from Gamecock childhood to Gamecock adulthood)!

This is how it was done, and where it’s supposed to be

THIS IS THE WAY !

We take care of our house and it will take care of us

1.) Love our university & support & cheer for the girls & boys lacing it up for our school & our brand and their family & for us! These kids will become women & men in front of our eyes & on behalf of our beloved university.

2.) whom ever may currently be hurting or crushing our confidence & optimism at present, let’s leave them out of our threads & conversations and place them in the penalty box until they earn their way out.

3.) Don’t worry about the Clem’s & Rivals that visit this board. Given our state of affairs they are the least of our worries & serve as a reminder when they did respect our programs.

4.) own where we are, we Don’t have a better option, and at present do not deserve it. We may feel like we have paid our dues......we obviously have not. These are not always $ dues

5,) give your heart to the kids trying to fix it! They need to know we are here and on board with them and in support of their journey. (Just a short time ago we were there, evolving from Gamecock childhood to Gamecock adulthood)!

THIS IS THE WAY !

Re: #'s 1,3 and 5.Agree 100%. Re: #2-This is still America-the land of the free,so take your censorship and shove it where even sunshine pumpers don't shine! As for #4-You own irt You and every other one of you mediocrity loving,complacent pumpers who have enabled the mess our programs are in.We all deserve better,especially our athletes.

THIS IS THE WAY !

My gosh man, you've got ME FIRED UP! LOL!

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Hi shoe, appreciate ya, but...

Unconditional fandom. Unconditional support. Unlimited dues?

Unrealistic.

You make some interesting assumptions. The first and second is that anyone offering constructive criticism is crushing our confidence and optimism. No on both counts. No one is or could crush our confidence and optimism, and there is not a whole lot of confidence and optimism out there. How do we know this? You explain it when you say we should own who we are and we don't deserve a better option. That's depressing in a positive post. I'm confused.

(I'm having flashbacks to late night calls with my high school girlfriend that eclipsed the Galaxy of contradiction and the Universe of sad happiness. We didn't make it. But I was optimistic, I think. Until I wasn't.)

But I digress...

I appreciate a lot of what you say, but the third assumption that you can tell folks to be happy while they are unhappy has never really worked.

THIS IS THE WAY !

I agree. But you wont find much support on this forum. 1st, you and the rest of loyal fans will be blamed for our current status in football. 2nd your likely to be threatened by one of these anonymous internet hide behind your keyboard pencil neck tough guys. (Which i find endlessly entertaining) and lastly, most of the positive thinkers who still have faith have resorted to log out observational reading only. Truth is. Nothing that we do or say will change angry people into kind men with tolerant hearts. But there is nothing that any of these nut cases can say or do (including korny and embarrassing slogans like @ not a dime#) that will accomplish....whatever it is they want accomplished. I believe that some people are led by evil intent. That they just enjoy the gang mentality. Would rather destroy everything in revolt, band together in negativity, and stay intolerant and angry rather than serene and at peace. Thats just the way it is. Some of these guys absolutely live on this board. Which might indicate their lack of any semblance of a healthy, fruitful and balanced life. Heck...i'd be pissed at the world if that were me as well. Funny... I think about laying here in this 18 wheel very tiny apartment i call home. And i think about how much i miss my gorgeous wife. I miss my home as well. But, despite the difficulties of the road. I am grateful to my Lord that He allows me the resourses to keep a roof over her head. And food on her table. After i get home from 3-4 weeks on the road. I get the PRIVILEGE of sleeping with that gorgeous lady for 2-3 days before i have to go back on tbat lonely road. I am an old, well older man now. I have been all over this country. Coast to coast. I use to be a hard case. Ashamed to say; mean, intolerant, impatient and EXTREMELY vindictive. Drank way too much. Alcoholically in fact. Drugged, fought. Kicked a bunch of tail. Got kicked a few times as well. A couple of those nearly ended my troubled life. And i read this site. Which by the way was pretty positive and actually enjoyable to read back in the day. And you know, we sucked then as well. BADLY. But for some reason, we were Gamecocks, loyal and true. Complaining didnt bring Spurrier to our rescue. He just decided he wasnt done yet. I am ex military. From way back. Mine is not to ask but why. Mine is but to do or die. I STILL believe that this staff will get it done. Cant think of anyone that could have held this class together as well as champ has. I really dont give a rats butt what any of you tough guys think or say. It doesnt really matter to me. I am as you say. A sunshine pumper. Not easily intimidated. But gratefully not so easily motivated to violence any longer. But when i read this board and some of you real scary tuff guys start calling coach tanner and coach muschamp a variety of less than flattering adjectives. I am further encouraged by the understanding that those loud whining voices come directly from cowards. You are cowards. You know who you are. And not a single one of you pettycoat wearinv pansies would stand in the presence of either of those MEN and repeat your vitriolic tirades. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU COWARDS. But, you remain children of our Lord. And despite my disdain for such cowardice, intolerance, and ungratefulness. I am bound by His love, to also love you. Dont like you worth a cuss. But i would come to assist you if it were needed. Alot of you angry mean boys remind me of left wing liberal nut cases. That if someone differs from their opinion. Its time to riot, burn, physically and verbally assault. I have read some positive posters here, that did no more than voice their support and loyalty for the program, coaches and kids. Only to be verbally, in this case, literlarilly, correspondently attacked. Given full blame for where we are. That in and of itself his quite humorous. Just be careful. Be very careful of who you attack on here. The safety of your anonymity, is afterall, quite limited. Some men may still indeed be quite vindictive. Maybe they havent found the Lords love and compassion quite yet. Why not, live and let live. Let folks show love and loyalty to this university if they so choose. Without being personally attacked for it. Again, i think we get to some degree of success athletically. Across the board. I just wonder how long it will take hypocrisy to show it's ugly face on that day. With this crew.....NOT LONG. Peace be with you.

Re: #'s 1,3 and 5.Agree 100%. Re: #2-This is still America-the land of the free,so take your censorship and shove it where even sunshine pumpers don't shine! As for #4-You own irt You and every other one of you mediocrity loving,complacent pumpers who have enabled the mess our programs are in.We all deserve better,especially our athletes.

please don’t take it for censorship, I’m simply done commenting on them, coaches, admin, trustees, anyone with their finger prints on what’s been delivered lately If there was value in it, it would have worked by now. They are currently in my virtual penalty box. I have been pretty clear that the only staff member I trust fully is Dawn. My apologies to some of the other smaller sports that are successful, but they seem to create their own positive energy as their seasons come into focus.
The ones in the penalty box, earn their way out, in my head & heart & on tv & the field etc.... I’ve put them there so to not let my spirit be bothered by their results to this point. I will care more about them as individuals accountable to their role when they improve or leave.

#4, I own it and face it daily and it reminds me of the 90s (very few bright spots in the decade). I lived a pre-teen & teenage life clinging to 1984 & 1987. It’s not sunshine it’s reality and it hurts. If they, us etc.....”want better”, they have to seek perfection & excellence will be tolerated. It saddens me how far from “excellence” I believe we are (mostly in our most exposure & televised programs) , & I hope I am wrong.....one day

Hi shoe, appreciate ya, but...

Unconditional fandom. Unconditional support. Unlimited dues?

Unrealistic.

You make some interesting assumptions. The first and second is that anyone offering constructive criticism is crushing our confidence and optimism. No on both counts. No one is or could crush our confidence and optimism, and there is not a whole lot of confidence and optimism out there. How do we know this? You explain it when you say we should own who we are and we don't deserve a better option. That's depressing in a positive post. I'm confused.

(I'm having flashbacks to late night calls with my high school girlfriend that eclipsed the Galaxy of contradiction and the Universe of sad happiness. We didn't make it. But I was optimistic, I think. Until I wasn't.)

But I digress...

I appreciate a lot of what you say, but the third assumption that you can tell folks to be happy while they are unhappy has never really worked.

“Optimism is internal & has little to none to do with folks soap boxing (fire Calvi) on this board. Please understand where I do want them in their respective penalty box, accountable, etc.
More to THE point of facing it ourselves.

Owning that for some crazy reason we aren’t entitled to titles and we deserve what we have currently. Does Suck
There’s a multitude of steps that got us hear but I don’t believe a majority share goes to people that truly chose to love this school & knew what they were getting into..... remember the shirts I survived 100yeArs of Gamecock FB.

& almost none of us are ready for women & meaningful relationships in high school don’t carry that memory around too much any more. Absorb the cliff notes of the lesson and move on to someone you don’t have to spend a ton of time on a phone with, very little productivity in that ;):)

I agree. But you wont find much support on this forum. 1st, you and the rest of loyal fans will be blamed for our current status in football. 2nd your likely to be threatened by one of these anonymous internet hide behind your keyboard pencil neck tough guys. (Which i find endlessly entertaining) and lastly, most of the positive thinkers who still have faith have resorted to log out observational reading only. Truth is. Nothing that we do or say will change angry people into kind men with tolerant hearts. But there is nothing that any of these nut cases can say or do (including korny and embarrassing slogans like @ not a dime#) that will accomplish....whatever it is they want accomplished. I believe that some people are led by evil intent. That they just enjoy the gang mentality. Would rather destroy everything in revolt, band together in negativity, and stay intolerant and angry rather than serene and at peace. Thats just the way it is. Some of these guys absolutely live on this board. Which might indicate their lack of any semblance of a healthy, fruitful and balanced life. Heck...i'd be pissed at the world if that were me as well. Funny... I think about laying here in this 18 wheel very tiny apartment i call home. And i think about how much i miss my gorgeous wife. I miss my home as well. But, despite the difficulties of the road. I am grateful to my Lord that He allows me the resourses to keep a roof over her head. And food on her table. After i get home from 3-4 weeks on the road. I get the PRIVILEGE of sleeping with that gorgeous lady for 2-3 days before i have to go back on tbat lonely road. I am an old, well older man now. I have been all over this country. Coast to coast. I use to be a hard case. Ashamed to say; mean, intolerant, impatient and EXTREMELY vindictive. Drank way too much. Alcoholically in fact. Drugged, fought. Kicked a bunch of tail. Got kicked a few times as well. A couple of those nearly ended my troubled life. And i read this site. Which by the way was pretty positive and actually enjoyable to read back in the day. And you know, we sucked then as well. BADLY. But for some reason, we were Gamecocks, loyal and true. Complaining didnt bring Spurrier to our rescue. He just decided he wasnt done yet. I am ex military. From way back. Mine is not to ask but why. Mine is but to do or die. I STILL believe that this staff will get it done. Cant think of anyone that could have held this class together as well as champ has. I really dont give a rats butt what any of you tough guys think or say. It doesnt really matter to me. I am as you say. A sunshine pumper. Not easily intimidated. But gratefully not so easily motivated to violence any longer. But when i read this board and some of you real scary tuff guys start calling coach tanner and coach muschamp a variety of less than flattering adjectives. I am further encouraged by the understanding that those loud whining voices come directly from cowards. You are cowards. You know who you are. And not a single one of you pettycoat wearinv pansies would stand in the presence of either of those MEN and repeat your vitriolic tirades. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU COWARDS. But, you remain children of our Lord. And despite my disdain for such cowardice, intolerance, and ungratefulness. I am bound by His love, to also love you. Dont like you worth a cuss. But i would come to assist you if it were needed. Alot of you angry mean boys remind me of left wing liberal nut cases. That if someone differs from their opinion. Its time to riot, burn, physically and verbally assault. I have read some positive posters here, that did no more than voice their support and loyalty for the program, coaches and kids. Only to be verbally, in this case, literlarilly, correspondently attacked. Given full blame for where we are. That in and of itself his quite humorous. Just be careful. Be very careful of who you attack on here. The safety of your anonymity, is afterall, quite limited. Some men may still indeed be quite vindictive. Maybe they havent found the Lords love and compassion quite yet. Why not, live and let live. Let folks show love and loyalty to this university if they so choose. Without being personally attacked for it. Again, i think we get to some degree of success athletically. Across the board. I just wonder how long it will take hypocrisy to show it's ugly face on that day. With this crew.....NOT LONG. Peace be with you.
Awesome women are incredible for assisting a real man’s perspective. Stay safe out there.

AMEN BROTHER

THIS IS THE WAY !

Mandalorian you are.

Have you ever heard of a paragraph?

Wow, what a respectful and mature response. ;)

Peace of advice to all, if watching college kids play a game makes you THAT unhappy, find another hobby or something else to do. Life is too short!

Wow, what a respectful and mature response. ;)

Peace of advice to all, if watching college kids play a game makes you THAT unhappy, find another hobby or something else to do. Life is too short!

We could save a lot of money if we just ask for parents to be volunteer coaches. Let the kids run the programs. Forget competition. Accept mediocrity. Lot of people in your group, Bud.

C'mon man, Really. Do you really think that your posts are free from grammatical errors. Nobody on here is Hemingway or Steinbeck. You understood the premise of what was said... Petty, man... Just Petty..
Haha, "Nobody on here is Hemingway or Steinbeck." That's for sure

I don't have a problem with grammatical errors. I understood what was said and actually enjoyed the read. However, a couple of paragraphs instead of a giant wall of text does tend to make things more palatable

Any kid that shows up and puts on the Garnet and Black and gives their all in any sport or endeavor will have my unconditional support.

The coaches and administrators will be required to meet standards, and if they don't, they can expect to be replaced.

In the end, sports inspire based on the effort and heart you see and the way people work together to achieve. Our kids play on the biggest stages in the NCAA; against the best competition, and many have shown us tremendous heart and I've been inspired by them.

The University gave me so much- it changed my life. I am, and will always be, a Gamecock. No apologies, no conditions, no regrets.

th

He's trying to show off. LOL I stopped at "2nd your likely...." instead of you're.
Show off? Not sure what you mean by that statement. However, that, being YOU'RE only retort. Maybe you should brush up on you're vast knowledge of verbage to better put me in my place. You see bud.(statement, not question) its bullies like you that seem to find pleasure in belittling those you believe to be inferior to yourself. I apologize for the lack of proper sentence structure. I didnt have the opportunity to attend college, like, maybe you did. I HAD to go to work. What you read from me, is from the heart. Poor grammar, spelling, and other. I stand by my statement. You sir are a COWARD. Few things in this life are worse than that. Maybe you could change that fact. I am quite sure you have it within yourself to dig deep, and find the integrity and true character our Savior blessed you with when He created you. Or maybe....you just dont want His love in YOUR life. Regardless, i would be happy to sit down with you and discuss how His love can and will remove from you the cowardice nature you have settled for. Now, i must come off of this extended 30 minute rest break and go to back to WORK. Peace be with you.

Oh almost
Show off? Not sure what you mean by that statement. However, that, being YOU'RE only retort. Maybe you should brush up on you're vast knowledge of verbage to better put me in my place. You see bud.(statement, not question) its bullies like you that seem to find pleasure in belittling those you believe to be inferior to yourself. I apologize for the lack of proper sentence structure. I didnt have the opportunity to attend college, like, maybe you did. I HAD to go to work. What you read from me, is from the heart. Poor grammar, spelling, and other. I stand by my statement. You sir are a COWARD. Few things in this life are worse than that. Maybe you could change that fact. I am quite sure you have it within yourself to dig deep, and find the integrity and true character our Savior blessed you with when He created you. Or maybe....you just dont want His love in YOUR life. Regardless, i would be happy to sit down with you and discuss how His love can and will remove from you the cowardice nature you have settled for. Now, i must come off of this extended 30 minute rest break and go to back to WORK. Peace be with you.
Oh 75, almost forgot. You said in another thread that i needed help. Since you believe that to be the case. Maybe YOU would be willing to help me? That, is a question. God bless

I'm a Virginia Tech guy...my son was a South Carolina athlete. He didn't care about the complainers and administration. During his time here he never read forums and neither did most players on his teams. He cared only about playing hard and winning games for USC. His commitment was (and still is) unconditional to USC. I'm sure all of our athletes are motivated the same way.

Woahhh there- I think you are taking his meaning of #2 the wrong way... I took it to simply mean- ignore the people that you find to be obtusely negative if they bother you. You can do that yourself, or simply click ignore on their profile... ignoring something you find annoying is not censorship (I do it every day at work) and there is no way to literally remove them from conversations or put them in a “penalty box” for the whole board (unless an admin has to ban someone for violating rules I guess) and the op would have no way of actually doing that... Just saying you might have taken him a bit too literally.

Woahhh there- I think you are taking his meaning of #2 the wrong way... I took it to simply mean- ignore the people that you find to be obtusely negative if they bother you. You can do that yourself, or simply click ignore on their profile... ignoring something you find annoying is not censorship (I do it every day at work) and there is no way to literally remove them from conversations or put them in a “penalty box” for the whole board (unless an admin has to ban someone for violating rules I guess) and the op would have no way of actually doing that... Just saying you might have taken him a bit too literally.

I actually use the "virtual penalty box" as a management technique in my work, have done so for years. Its different from person to person. I am no fan of censorship in any form, I do recognize it took me time to grow up and accept things that I may not personally value, but appreciate where others do.

THIS IS THE WAY !

Commendable ideals for which I am not wired to comply completely.

Why is it that optimism and unconditional support for the players means that one doesn’t care for better results? Or that we don’t have high expectations?

I would submit that fans that are so called “sunshine pumpers” have their critiques and criticism. But, I think most draw the line with overall support of the University and the players. We understand that it’s a game played by students of the University. But, also understand that the goal is to WIN!

Lol.

I must've missed the threats and 'literal' attacks.

And here I just thought people were expressing disappointment with a four win season.

“Optimism is internal & has little to none to do with folks soap boxing (fire Calvi) on this board. Please understand where I do want them in their respective penalty box, accountable, etc.
More to THE point of facing it ourselves.

Owning that for some crazy reason we aren’t entitled to titles and we deserve what we have currently. Does Suck
There’s a multitude of steps that got us hear but I don’t believe a majority share goes to people that truly chose to love this school & knew what they were getting into..... remember the shirts I survived 100yeArs of Gamecock FB.

& almost none of us are ready for women & meaningful relationships in high school don’t carry that memory around too much any more. Absorb the cliff notes of the lesson and move on to someone you don’t have to spend a ton of time on a phone with, very little productivity in that ;):)
The high school thing was a metaphor for the contradictions in your post. But I appreciate the relationship advice, I think....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT