ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Thread 2024

- They see the schedule
- They know our QB situation
- Beamer cant hire coordinators apparently
- Tanner told the “other guy” no thanks and he is 12-0 top 25 in year 1 at Liberty

Players see all this and dont trust any of what we have. The AD, coaches, as well as playing the toughest schedule every year

We weren't the Crème De La Crème before Beamer and the NIL/Portal dumpster fire.

This is about money and shining under the brightest light to advance a career.

When people were screaming from the rooftops in the 80s/90s about evil big corporations eventually ruining our country, they knew exactly what they were talking about.

From DC to College Football to Storefronts, this is what corporate collusion looks like and it's not pretty or in anyone's best interests except for those who stand to profit.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Another thought. I pay $4,000 a year for scholarship, parking and tickets. Right now the only reason I do it is because my kids enjoy it and have favorite players. Who will they want to see next year and the year after next? They could easily lose interest as well since they don't have Wells, Harbour or anyone else they are familiar with the pull for. Won't be hard for me to agree with them and spend the money elsewhere,

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Another thought. I pay $4,000 a year for scholarship, parking and tickets. Right now the only reason I do it is because my kids enjoy it and have favorite players. Who will they want to see next year and the year after next? They could easily lose interest as well since they don't have Wells, Harbour or anyone else they are familiar with the pull for. Won't be hard for me to agree with them and spend the money elsewhere,
Yep. Disillusioned parents wont raise kids who love Gamecock football (or most other teams other than Bama, Georgia, Michigan etc).

This will wreck CFB

Reactions: Ward Jr
I'm sure most of you are content with the free board, but if you have a premium membership (or want one) we have more info on each of these, and potential targets on the Insider's Forum.

Players Leaving: https://southcarolina.forums.rivals...ansfer-portal-tracker-players-leaving.383743/

Potential targets: https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-official-transfer-portal-target-thread.383756/
I can just listen to JC on his show and get the same information but better.

I can just listen to JC on his show and get the same information but better.
JC has been doing good stuff for years. While we "compete" with them, I have nothing negative to say about anyone else who tries to make a living covering Gamecock sports. Hope you're contributing to his NIL fund if you're not paying for our coverage over here (though both would obviously be my preference).

200.gif

One of the non recruiting website staff insiders is reporting two more high profile players are going to transfer not because of NIL, but because they don't have faith our coaching staff can win. They're actually willing to take less NIL money.

oof @GoCocksFight2021

Source? Who are the players? What are they getting paid now? What are they going to get paid?

It's money. We heard the same stupid rumors last year, and even with the coach leaving that was supposedly the reason, they transferred anyway.

Kornblutt reported $800k.

But you’re going to refuse to believe any amount if it works against your agenda.

No, I'm going to believe anything from you or anybody else with an agenda unless they offer some proof.

And if that is actaully true, it 100% supports my "agenda". And by agenda, I mean the fact that I've said over and over and over again that we need more money. If are getting outbid for players like Juice at $800k, we are in DEEP DEEP TROUBLE. Not a coach in the world is going to be able to compete with that.

He did pretty, pretty well. Doesn't give two hoots about us. Don't get upset about it either or Syvelle Newton will get upset.

True. The days of the arhlete giving a crap about the school are gone for most, and dying quickly in the rest.

I forget, was the NIL one of Newtons temper tantrums recently?

No, I'm going to believe anything from you or anybody else with an agenda unless they offer some proof.

And if that is actaully true, it 100% supports my "agenda". And by agenda, I mean the fact that I've said over and over and over again that we need more money. If are getting outbid for players like Juice at $800k, we are in DEEP DEEP TROUBLE. Not a coach in the world is going to be able to compete with that.

We weren’t outbid that’s what we paid. At some point the players want to win as well as get paid.

This is about money and shining under the brightest light to advance a career.

When people were screaming from the rooftops in the 80s/90s about evil big corporations eventually ruining our country, they knew exactly what they were talking about.

From DC to College Football to Storefronts, this is what corporate collusion looks like and it's not pretty or in anyone's best interests except for those who stand to profit.
If you ever get the chance, watch the 1998 movie, "You've Got Mail". Yes, it's a rom-com, not that there's anything wrong with that. But, it was also about "big, big, big absorbing the small". It predicts what you say.

Is there a metric to compare schools on the numbers and quality of players they are losing through the portal? I suspect that we would look worse than most.

We weren’t outbid that’s what we paid. At some point the players want to win as well as get paid.

And funny that you don't believe that applied to coaches when I tell you that our choices are limited when trying to hire. Most we would even consider already have multiple millions in the bank that we can confirmed, not 6 digits that we guess about.

And funny that you don't believe that applied to coaches when I tell you that our choices are limited when trying to hire. Most we would even consider already have multiple millions in the bank that we can confirmed, not 6 digits that we guess about.

How does Loggains rank in cfb OC pay?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT