ADVERTISEMENT

USC vs Liberty, Liberty, Liberty Liberty. .

Can we also get the Liberty basketball coach? Seems like he knows what the hell he is doing. This game will not be close. They will lose by 25 or more.

I know it's the first game but Martin usually blows our chances for the post season before conference play begins. Hope we come out 2nd half and play some ball. We look like we're sleepwalking.
Who cares about the post season? Martin is turning boys into men. First half of the season is for point proving.

I know it's the first game but Martin usually blows our chances for the post season before conference play begins. Hope we come out 2nd half and play some ball. We look like we're sleepwalking.
We didn’t blow our NCAA chances with Boston or Stetson. We blew it with LSU at home.

Let’s hear for Liberty men’s bb team. Top ten maybe #1 in the country. Oh, they’ve played 2 games and we haven’t played yet. Maybe we should have looked at the tape of their games and get an idea of how to defend them.

There is no excuse for this team to be so bad on defense. This whole team is back from last year so no excuses this year about having to learn his style of defense... that was just piss poor effort and I have officially given up on a Frank Martin team ever being worth a damn on offense!

Hey liberty is a really good team. South Carolina shouldn't be expected to beat this quality opponent. LOL. Such a joke every year.

Last edited:
I would say "Ray, do your job" but I think he's too preoccupied with writing up Shane Beamer's new contract.

• Haha
Reactions: uscalumni
the teams have had a total of like eight practices and no exhibitions games, the sky is falling

Blah blah blah...so and so is a good team or we had no practice, etc... what you all are saying or admitting is that WE are not a good team nor will we beat any good teams. WE ARE a Frank Martin team, mediocre at the core.

We suck, this is inexcusable with the talent an EXPERIENCE on this team. Martin coaches defense and we haven’t played ANY. Pathetic showing...

• Angry
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Say what you want but at least Frank’s teams don’t build up your hopes. The suck from the start of every season...next year will be our year...just wait and see.

Considering this is now looking like the 4th straight year of bad defense, I’m forced to a conclusion. The idea that Frank Martin was a great M2M coach just isn’t true. Those teams who built that reputation were lead by Notice, Thornwell, and Dozier. All 3 understood the defense and were excellent individual defenders. Since that group left, our defense has been bad.

Defense hasn’t been the issue. Quick shots and no identity on offense.
I felt Defense has been a problem in the parts I watched. They put up 43 pts in the first half and had too many wide open looks! Certainly everything you said about our (lack of) offense is true as well. I turned it off and went back to watching the Iron Bowl a minute ago... maybe I was the jinx and we will come back now!! We actually made a few good defensive plays right before I switched it to be fair..

Liberty is good they won 30 games last year. But damn it's the same old thing try to win ugly boring game. We cant score and we cant defend the 3.

• Sad
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I’m not writing the season off yet. I do believe Liberty is a good team. People said this much before we got blown out. But the issue is this game isn’t close. Liberty is good might make us feel a little better if we were competing. I do know it’s first game in a COVID year. Hoping that played into some of our defensive lapses and offensive issues. But I fear this team is simply the same team as it was last year and I’m not sure why so many thought we’d see a huge difference.

This loss won’t kill us. It won’t help us. We’ll play fine during SEC play as we have in recent years. But we needed to put together a few good wins OCC. Not a good start to our year.

I felt Defense has been a problem in the parts I watched. They put up 43 pts in the first half and had too many wide open looks! Certainly everything you said about our (lack of) offense is true as well. I turned it off and went back to watching the Iron Bowl a minute ago... maybe I was the jinx and we will come back now!! We actually made a few good defensive plays right before I switched it to be fair..
We gave them so many possessions. The defense could certainly be better, but it was our lack of offense that allowed them to score. Liberty executes pretty well.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
Lack of a point guard damages Frank's teams. They need the leadership.

We still have slow guards. Every team we play will dribble drive right by us like last year. How many layups did Liberty get. It was a ton.

Reactions: vacock#
Its a long season and Frank is a good coach. Maybe a little above average, certainly not elite, We need to try and let the season play out until we are in the playoffs or not. If we dont make the NCAAs then he needs to be gone. No excuses, no if ands or buts. No injuries killed us. The only thing that can save him is no tournament. And then only if we have a legitimate chance to make the playoffs at the time it’s announced that there would be no tournament.
many of the teams we playbwill be more talented. You can’t say that about Liberty. Frank got out coached. We were not prepared

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT