ADVERTISEMENT

Utah Valley: Game 1 Thread

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
Olson strikes out looking with runners on 1st and 2nd.

Headed to the T2, 0-0.

B3, 0-0. Mlodzinski looking much more comfortable out there today. Need to get him some runs now.

Last edited:
Accept we are ave at best in all sports and you will be happier

Hopkins K’s but Berryhill hits a 2 out, 2-run double! 2-0 Gamecocks, with Berryhill still on 2nd.

Brady Allen with another 2-out RBI double. 2nd and 3rd, Neville at the plate. 5-0 Gamecocks.

Spoke too soon. Mlodzinski has lost control. Bases loaded as he walks a batter on 4 pitches. Only 1 out. Needs to find a way to get out of it.

Still 5-0. Up to 62 pitches. Was cruising before this.

Gets a double play ball but Neville drops it. Dang. Should’ve been 5-0 headed to the B4. Nope...

5-1 now, still loaded, still only 1 out. Still no hits so far in this inning. All walks and an error.

ANOTHER walk. 5-2. Still no hits this inning. 5 walks and an error. Somehow he’s still in there...

And a BALK with a 1-2 count. What the hell? 5-3 now, 2nd and 3rd. Finally gets the strikeout for out #3.

No hits in that inning. All unearned. Can’t have innings like that. Gotta make teams hit the baseball. Up to 81 pitches now which means we’ll use up some arms on Friday again.

5-3 going B4.

Olson greets the new pitcher with a first pitch double. 2 more runs score. 2nd and 3rd, o puts.

M-Ski pitches 4 innings, but cant get the win. But the next guy can pitch 1 inning and get the win.

Wow, down 9-3 and the dude swings at a 3-0 pitch and pops it up.....lol

Utah Valley eating through pitchers like they were made of chocolate....will bode well for the Gamecocks, for the rest of the series...

I think our own staff tried to leave Mlodzinski out there for as long as he could stay, to 1) try to get him to earn the decision, and 2) save our own BP as much as possible. Responding to their 3-run T4 with our 4-run B4 helped there. But Mlod just couldn't find the strike zone to save his life.....

Utah Valley eating through pitchers like they were made of chocolate....will bode well for the Gamecocks, for the rest of the series...

I think our own staff tried to leave Mlodzinski out there for as long as he could stay, to 1) try to get him to earn the decision, and 2) save our own BP as much as possible. Responding to their 3-run T4 with our 4-run B4 helped there. But Mlod just couldn't find the strike zone to save his life.....
Too early in the season to worry about using up the bullpen...on the contrary, this is when you want to use them to see who you can depend on cone conf play. I am more worried about our fri starter than the pen. Hasn't lasted 5 innings in 3 starts. May want to do the whole opener strategy on Friday nights if he can't pitch deep. Tell him he has 1 turn thru the lineup, then yank him, put in a totally different style pitcher.

Wesley Sweatt is the new Gamecock pitcher in for Kerry to start the top 7th. He retires the side around a single, with two strikeouts and a groundout. Wesley looks over at the Utah Valley dugout, points and says, I don't Sweatt you!"....

14-3. Bases loaded and no outs Bot 8.

Last edited:
I liked Kerry he throws strikes not much movement on the fastball but I'm watching online and ain't trying to hit it so.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT