ADVERTISEMENT

VT hires PSU DC Brent Pry

coolcock2001

Oct 29, 2003

Initially their fans said Matt Campbell. Then it was Bill O'Brien. Ended up with a coordinator.

Yes, very surprised Chadwell did not pick something up this time around. I really thought VaTech would have been a great fit for him. There must be a reason he's not getting to move up the ranks.

Reactions: chief2791
Chadwell is really happy at Coastal so I really didn’t expect him to go anywhere. He is supported and a lot is being done with that program so he has no desire to leave right now.

Chadwell is really happy at Coastal so I really didn’t expect him to go anywhere. He is supported and a lot is being done with that program so he has no desire to leave right now.

I just don't buy that. He may be happy there, but there's zero chance he passed up P5 jobs to stay there. None at all. I'm itching to see what he can do in the P5 but it's starting to look like it won't happen.

1638281858953-png.163834

I just don't buy that. He may be happy there, but there's zero chance he passed up P5 jobs to stay there. None at all. I'm itching to see what he can do in the P5 but it's starting to look like it won't happen.
Yeah, I think it's pretty clear at this point that there's a lot of skepticism about him from P5 decision-makers. Whether that's justified, I don't know, but it's interesting.

He will eventually but right now he is happy. Trust me he won’t leave for 2 years at earliest so there’s that

Worth noting that these types of digs used to be about Chadwell and Napier. One of those isn't funny anymore though.

Reactions: uscwatson21
How ya figure?
Because I have a family member that works on the staff there and they keep me posted regularly. I know it seems he’s to understand someone on here might actually know something but it does happen. Yes Chadwell very well May leave at some point but right now he is happy.

I have heard Chadwell on a couple non local radio interviews. Guy seems to have a hell of a chip on his shoulders to me.

I can tell you for certain, any mistakes I've made don't include discounting Billy Napier.
Absolutely. He was my choice to replace boom. Lincoln Riley was my choice to replace Spurrier. The board of trustees didn’t listen to me in either instance 😉. I like Shane, and I’m definitely pulling for him. He’s got a handful of years here to right the ship and get us to being respectable . I hope he does whatever is necessary to make that happen.

Reactions: chief2791
I wanted Billy Napier, you wanted Billy Napier, hell we all did. He told Ray he wasn't interested when we called

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT