ADVERTISEMENT

Watkins arrested

That's one of the biggest issues with domestic violence is that the victims often recant.

Did she file a false complaint or is she just trying to keep her GF from getting in trouble now?

It's not domestic violence. South Carolina law is clear on DM.

People are now making up their own definitions. Not helpful.

Disagree. Plus, why does it have to be two males? What if it was a male and his girlfriend? A crime is a crime.

If we are comparing the situations, then we need to be fair about it and compare it to two males, one being an athlete, getting into an argument or fighting, which happens a lot more frequently, typically not involving the police at all.

A crime is proven in court, not in a police report and not on a message board.

So, the proper description would be "an allegation"

It's not domestic violence. South Carolina law is clear on DM.

People are now making up their own definitions. Not helpful.

This is the inverse of when @AikenGameFan was slut shaming rape victims.

It doesn't really matter what the law states. If beating up your girlfriend isn't domestic violence, there is an issue with the law. Hiding behind the law makes you the person excusing domestic violence.

If we are comparing the situations, then we need to be fair about it and compare it to two males, one being an athlete, getting into an argument or fighting, which happens a lot more frequently, typically not involving the police at all.

A crime is proven in court, not in a police report and not on a message board.

So, the proper description would be "an allegation"

An allegation? A police report is an official document that records the facts and details of an incident prepared by a law enforcement officer after responding to a call or complaint.

If Watkins was innocent and the victim had recanted, these charges would have been dropped a long time ago and she would not be suspended.

This is the inverse of when @AikenGameFan was slut shaming rape victims.

It doesn't really matter what the law states. If beating up your girlfriend isn't domestic violence, there is an issue with the law. Hiding behind the law makes you the person excusing domestic violence.

It could be domestic violence. However, just being a girlfriend doesn't meet the legal requirements.

it's not hiding behind the law. It still can be charged as assault or some other charge. It just wouldn't automatically be domestic violence.

of course all of this is an allegation, not proven.

I'm trying to keep things real here instead of making up things that clearly don't apply to the situation.

An allegation? A police report is an official document that records the facts and details of an incident prepared by a law enforcement officer after responding to a call or complaint.

Yes- it's not proven. Police reports aren't proof something occurred the way the report reads. People lie to police all the time and officers document what was told to them on the reports. Officers make mistakes. Officers get things wrong. Officers can make wrong assumptions, or not do a complete investigation. Officers can make assumptions that turn out to be wrong.

Many police reports include the officer's opinion of the circumstances and courts usually view it as the opinion of the officer.

"While police reports play a significant role in determining who was at fault, it’s crucial to remember that they are not the final word."

When a person has been arrested and accused of a crime, a police report can be a significant source of information about the circumstances surrounding the arrest. But by definition, police reports are hearsay: an out-of-court statement, used to prove the truth of the matter asserted (not proven).

If Watkins was innocent and the victim had recanted, these charges would have been dropped a long time ago and she would not be suspended.

The other person already seemingly backtracked a bit. It's not uncommon for such things to be resolved a few days before court, or even after an initial court appearance.

Nothing unusual about it at all. We've talked this situation to death at this point for no real reason. I'm tired of posting about it.

This is my last post on this until something new makes the news.

It could be domestic violence. However, just being a girlfriend doesn't meet the legal requirements.

it's not hiding behind the law. It still can be charged as assault or some other charge. It just wouldn't automatically be domestic violence.

of course all of this is an allegation, not proven.

I'm trying to keep things real here instead of making up things that clearly don't apply to the situation.

That's exactly what you're doing. You're excusing domestic violence because a republican state chooses not to make this type of domestic violence illegal.

Abusing your intimate partner is clear domestic violence to any rational person. You should be better than this.

The letter of the law is only one factor.

Let's be honest -- if a male does all of the above to a woman under 18 who is not a student, he's not going to skate on these charges.

Public perception alone would bury him.

I don't believe a woman would either if she didn't have Dawn Staley in her corner.

I can promise you this -- If Watkins has another brush with the law, she'll be gone in an instant and all of the media will be re-examining the case and Staley's role in great detail.
We should fire Dawn preemptively, just in case!!!! That would make some folks on here happier then even firing Beamer.

Yes- it's not proven. Police reports aren't proof something occurred the way the report reads. People lie to police all the time and officers document what was told to them on the reports. Officers make mistakes. Officers get things wrong. Officers can make wrong assumptions, or not do a complete investigation. Officers can make assumptions that turn out to be wrong.

Many police reports include the officer's opinion of the circumstances and courts usually view it as the opinion of the officer.

"While police reports play a significant role in determining who was at fault, it’s crucial to remember that they are not the final word."

When a person has been arrested and accused of a crime, a police report can be a significant source of information about the circumstances surrounding the arrest. But by definition, police reports are hearsay: an out-of-court statement, used to prove the truth of the matter asserted (not proven).

The other person already seemingly backtracked a bit. It's not uncommon for such things to be resolved a few days before court, or even after an initial court appearance.

Nothing unusual about it at all. We've talked this situation to death at this point for no real reason. I'm tired of posting about it.

This is my last post on this until something new makes the news.

Everyone understands the basics of the law and the process.

The point was that a police report is not just an allegation as you framed it.

And the case remains active.

There's nothing disorganized about repeatedly offering for you the option to place a large wager and capitalize on your theory.

Otherwise, you're just looking foolish at this point.

On another note, can you put together your power list for being a complete Gamecock?

Thus far, I've gleaned the following:

+ Focus solely on Women's Basketball.
+ A Gamecock is always innocent.
+ Move as little as humanly possible.

Can you help add to this?

You've never darkened the door of Darla Moore much less earned a Master of International Business degree. You can't tell us the signatures on your diploma because you don't have one. FYI I was a member of the USC Faculty Club during the time you claim to have received that degree and have the member's names. Your use of double negatives tells me you may not have a degree at all. An MIB from the top grad program in our country would be wasted on a day trader. Comparable to a Harvard Law grad who works as a court stenographer.

Thinking your willingness to wager is proof that you have a MIB degree is beyond childish. You have lots in common with your cult leader who also can't string a complete thought together. Your efforts to use deflection when it's all about your lie is another thing you have in common with Trump.

"Deflection is a defense mechanism characterized by redirecting a conversation away from a challenging topic or issue to something less emotionally charged. It can manifest in various ways, such as changing the subject, asking a question, making a joke, or even becoming defensive or aggressive."

You've never darkened the door of Darla Moore much less earned a Master of International Business degree. You can't tell us the signatures on your diploma because you don't have one. FYI I was a member of the USC Faculty Club during the time you claim to have received that degree and have the member's names. Your use of double negatives tells me you may not have a degree at all. An MIB from the top grad program in our country would be wasted on a day trader. Comparable to a Harvard Law grad who works as a court stenographer.

Thinking your willingness to wager is proof that you have a MIB degree is beyond childish. You have lots in common with your cult leader who also can't string a complete thought together. Your efforts to use deflection when it's all about your lie is another thing you have in common with Trump.

"Deflection is a defense mechanism characterized by redirecting a conversation away from a challenging topic or issue to something less emotionally charged. It can manifest in various ways, such as changing the subject, asking a question, making a joke, or even becoming defensive or aggressive."

My hope is that you start your exercise journey soon.

When you move, both your mind and body will perform better.

Would a custom mixed MP3 file of your favorite listening assist in your journey?

I'm here to help.

Last edited:
My hope is that you start your exercise journey soon.

When you move, both your mind and body will perform better.

Would a custom mixed MP3 file of your favorite listening assist in your journey?

I'm here to help.

More loose associations, deflection and indications of a thought disorder. There are meds that can help and if you live in SC I can put you in touch with the right professionals.

Reactions: uscwatson21
More loose associations, deflection and indications of a thought disorder. There are meds that can help and if you live in SC I can put you in touch with the right professionals.

You're stronger than you believe you are Fowl.

Sometimes ham isn't your friend.

Small steps lead to larger ones.

Last edited:

I was recently reading some alumni information that I had received about MIB grads, and it was amazing how many of the live and work in Europe. A number of them had no connection to South Carolina other than they went through the program. It really does attract people from all over.

Reactions: Forever Fowl
You need to read previous posts. The ex post facto "recantment" is a focus of this conversation.
I did. The fact that the recantation is discussed here is proof that your assertion that "Watkins clearly beat this woman" is false.

I did. The fact that the recantation is discussed here is proof that your assertion that "Watkins clearly beat this woman" is false.

Unless the police have it out for Watkins, she absolutely became physical with her. She even admits doing this in the report.

I was recently reading some alumni information that I had received about MIB grads, and it was amazing how many of the live and work in Europe. A number of them had no connection to South Carolina other than they went through the program. It really does attract people from all over.

I recently read...

At the court date we should find out if in fact Watkins restrained her drunken GF from jumping off the parking garage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT