ADVERTISEMENT

When is Shi projected to be drafted?

It is such a strong year for WR that pushed him down some, no fault of his. Terrance Marshall didn't go until near the end of the 2nd round. Many years he would be a late 1st rounder.
You think? I liked Shi, but he seemed like a 4th rounder to me.

It is such a strong year for WR that pushed him down some, no fault of his. Terrance Marshall didn't go until near the end of the 2nd round. Many years he would be a late 1st rounder.

I think Marshall had an injury that knocked him down a bit . All I know is he destroyed us . I think the Panthers got a steal with him . I would expect Shi to go tomorrow in the 4th or 5th . I think he will make a team as a WR4 or 5 . He will be a good slot guy in the NFL

ESPN has him as the 2nd best receiver left. I believe I saw earlier he had all of his family and friends around him expecting he’d be drafted tonight.

He is tumbling. I thought he raised his stock at the Senior Bowl. League is not buying.

He is tumbling. I thought he raised his stock at the Senior Bowl. League is not buying.

Extremely deep receiver class this year and he doesn’t have the burner speed for a guy his size . Guys like Swartz and TuTu are sub 4.3 . That’s crazy speed . I think New England would be a good fit for him In the slot . Someone will take a flier on him in the 5th or 6th

I understand a guy deciding it’s time to go, but you would think he or whomever is advising him would know how man guys are probably going ahead of him! Wonder what dropping just one round costs you?

Reactions: jweaks
I understand a guy deciding it’s time to go, but you would think he or whomever is advising him would know how man guys are probably going ahead of him! Wonder what dropping just one round costs you?
The “advisors” don’t care because they’re going to get a cut regardless. They just want to get it now.

Agreed. It must be his height or speed unless they pulled up some personal dirt. I really think he's going to be a very good pro.
I saw him projected in Round 3 after the Senior Bowl, while I thought that was high, I think Round 6 is low. Someone is getting a steal. I hope this isn't a background check thing that is coming out after the draft.

Reactions: viennacocks
He’s just undersized and unfortunately a lot of scouts just look at the measureables . What makes Shi special is hard to measure . A guy like Steve Smith comes to mind even though Smitty was a burner in his younger days . Either way someone will get a steal . Julian Edelman was a 7th round pick . I don’t think it’s anything off the field related .

Agreed. It must be his height or speed unless they pulled up some personal dirt. I really think he's going to be a very good pro.
Both. That is why I felt he should bite the bullet and go on and test the draft. His height is what it is. It is not likely that he is going to get much faster. He got every target in the world to inflate his numbers. If it is the 6th or 7th round, then that it what it would likely be later. I have heard the argument about staying for a degree. However, it’s almost impossible as an athlete to not have a degree after four years if you want one. Football players rarely go home. There are two summer sessions each year. The athletes that want a degree usually get it in three years and are working on a second one if they are still around.

Reactions: adg4419
Guess I’m in the minority but I’ll be surprised if he’s still in the league two years from now. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him be an end of the draft guy or not be picked at all.

Just got drafted. Sixth Round to the Panthers. Different player, but he can replace most of what Curtis Samuel gave the Panthers in the slot.

Going to the Panthers . He will have a good shot to make the team as a slot receiver since Curtis Samuel is gone . If anybody can develop him it’s Joe Brady

Reactions: Flameout12
Just got drafted. Sixth Round to the Panthers. Different player, but he can replace most of what Curtis Samuel gave the Panthers in the slot.

Yeap I agree 100% . He’s not the explosive athlete Curtis was but he is definitely a more polished receiver than Curtis coming out of OSU . I think he will contribute . DJ Moore , Robbie Anderson and Terrance Marshall should be locks but Shi could possibly beat out David Moore for that WR4 or 5 slot . I think it’s a good situation for him .

Love it, my Panthers picked him up. Might be a good replacement for Curtis Samuel. Though the Panthers took another wideout, and they're fairly stacked at that position.

Love it, my Panthers picked him up. Might be a good replacement for Curtis Samuel. Though the Panthers took another wideout, and they're fairly stacked at that position.
They need a tightend and offensive lineman bad.

They drafted one of each, at least, but in the mid-rounds. I was surprised they went with Jaycee at #8, though CB play has been unsteady for years.
I just hope their QB works out how they hoped. Who knew they would have had the chance to draft Fields? I sure didn’t expect that.

Who have the Panthers ever developed?

Don’t watch much NFL do you ?? Panthers had 3 receivers with 1000 total yards last year . No other team in the NFL including KC can say that . This was with Teddy Bridgewater at QB btw ?!! Also there’s this kid named Christian Mccaffrey who is the best RB in the NFL . They aren’t a great team but Brady and Rhule can develop playmakers .

Don’t watch much NFL do you ?? Panthers had 3 receivers with 1000 total yards last year . No other team in the NFL including KC can say that . This was with Teddy Bridgewater at QB btw ?!! Also there’s this kid named Christian Mccaffrey who is the best RB in the NFL . They aren’t a great team but Brady and Rhule can develop playmakers .
Love McCaffrey but I would rather have Derrick Henry.

Well, the professionals evaluated him and for some reason they did not think Shi was that good. Of course we are biased in his favor and none of us are professional football scouts.

Love McCaffrey but I would rather have Derrick Henry.

Yeah man Henry is a beast . Just wonder how long he will be able to hold up . Dude is a battering ram . How long did Christain Okoye and Earl Campbell last ?? Who knows Henry might be the next Jerome Bettis . Still amazed and how fast Henry is for his size .

Guess I’m in the minority but I’ll be surprised if he’s still in the league two years from now. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him be an end of the draft guy or not be picked at all.
I hope that isn’t the case, but if Bruce and Ace couldn’t stay in the league for any meaningful amount of time, I can see Shi not lasting a terribly long time.

Reactions: Dizzy01
I hope that isn’t the case, but if Bruce and Ace couldn’t stay in the league for any meaningful amount of time, I can see Shi not lasting a terribly long time.
Based on individual skills as a receiver, I would take Shi over Bruce and Ace. Shi just played on bad teams while Bruce and Ace were able to shine in our best era of football. Shi is not the fastest, but his combination of jumping ability and route running helped him get open when everyone in the conference knew he would be the only receiver we would throw to.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Based on individual skills as a receiver, I would take Shi over Bruce and Ace. Shi just played on bad teams while Bruce and Ace were able to shine in our best era of football. Shi is not the fastest, but his combination of jumping ability and route running helped him get open when everyone in the conference knew he would be the only receiver we would throw to.
I will hold judgement on which is the better player of the three after we see how Shi does in the league, on the rest of your post it’s hard to argue! To me it has to be his size, very few recievers his size last very long in the nfl and they’re usually always banged up!

Shi fell farther than his talent indicates. I don't think it had anything to do with on field evaluation. And to be honest, the Panthers might have been the worst team he could with. He needed to be as far away from Union as he could get.

Well, the professionals evaluated him and for some reason they did not think Shi was that good. Of course we are biased in his favor and none of us are professional football scouts.

Um, he was just drafted in the NFL draft - so the “professionals” thought he was potentially one of the best players in the world.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT