ADVERTISEMENT

Who saw this coming in September ?

I love the FU & AllBarn wins, I am still struggling a bit with the Mizery loss, more so than the UK loss. 8&3 going into Clemtech would have been a tidal wave of momentum heading towards a bowl & recruiting season…. One can dream.
I am excited about what this could do for 2022, 2023 & do we become a consistent attendee in the top 25, and flirt with East Division contender one day

I thought 4/5 wins. ECU, Vandy, EIU, Troy and I expect us to get 1 out of UK/Mizz/UT. No one expected Florida and Auburn to be so bad this year
Had we beaten Missouri last week there might be more credibility about beating Florida and Auburn. But it’s looking more like everyone is overreacting with those two wins.

It's a good foundation to grow and promote the program, that's for sure! Before the season I hoped for 6-6 but felt like we would come up short. I really thought 5 wins was this team's ceiling. I'm glad I was wrong!

I would have NEVER guessed that Florida would be struggling this much. Mullen is such a good coach and I have no idea what's going on down there.

No one picked us to beat uf and auburn this year, so I can see why people are a little giddy! I don’t care who they have injured or out they are still way ahead if us in recruited talent!

No one picked us to beat uf and auburn this year, so I can see why people are a little giddy! I don’t care who they have injured or out they are still way ahead if us in recruited talent!
This. Some people will never be happy no matter what. Those people like to try and tear down other's happiness too. Don't let them. Nobosy is saying we beat a bucnh of juggernauts to get to where we are. Any way toy slice it, most did not expect this much and are happy to be here. Malcontents go elsewhere.

This. Some people will never be happy no matter what. Those people like to try and tear down other's happiness too. Don't let them. Nobosy is saying we beat a bucnh of juggernauts to get to where we are. Any way toy slice it, most did not expect this much and are happy to be here. Malcontents go elsewhere.
But that’s exactly what people are doing…

Pretending we vastly overachieved instead of admitting our schedule was just weaker than anyone expected.

Last edited:

Pretending we vastly overachiever instead of admitting our schedule was just weaker than anyone expected.
Will it make you feel better if I agree with you?? The best years under Spurrier were partly attributable to UGa, Fla and UT all being down. Should we diminish those accomplishments?

Pretending we vastly overachieved instead of admitting our schedule was just weaker than anyone expected.
As Bill Parcells famously said, you are what your record says you are.

Nobody is declaring us to be an SEC contender. I think you are inferring an irrational exuberance among others that isnt there. It's OK to enjoy being a Gamecock fan now and then.

You make excuses for other teams while Ignoring the challenges our team has faced and overcome. You need to change your screen name to Eeyore. Everything is gloom and doom with you.

There is a big difference between our QB situation and Auburn losing their QB who beat Ole Miss and Arkansas, and you know it. That’s why you’re changing the subject.

The morale is high on this team. You saw last night the energy and exuberance from the players on the field. That is a testament to the head coach Beamer. The losses to Mizzou and KY have balanced out by the UF and Aub wins. He is getting the most out of the team.

Both things can be true. This team has lost some games based on bad performance and coaching, Florida has not played up to standard and I don’t know that many people had huge expectations of Auburn especially after they hired Bobo.

All that said this is still a team that won 6 games in the last two seasons, routinely quit on the last staff and had a pretty mass exodus from the defense following last year. They also had one guy bail on them before the season started and a receiver who was a contributor disappear mid season. At this point maybe they really are just beating mediocre teams but they didn’t do that the last two years. Being one of the better mediocre teams is still a significant improvement and gives something to build on.

Yeah I just don’t see us being a good team.

Obviously you disagree. I’m looking forward to your Clemson prediction.
I Predicted before the season 5-8 wins (including bowl game) we are right in the middle of my prediction. I am sure we have already surpassed your prediction by 2-3 games.

I Predicted before the season 5-8 wins (including bowl game) we are right in the middle of my prediction. I am sure we have already surpassed your prediction by 2-3 games.
Hmm. Wonder why this poster refused to speculate about next Saturday?

Hmm. Wonder why this poster refused to speculate about next Saturday?

Let's get this straight: You want to bet against your our team in next weekend's game against your archrival who has destroyed you six games straight? Furthermore, this bet is on the heels of win against an Auburn team who was ranked until last week?

You have to be a troll or have mental challenges. The team was projected to do nothing this year and we have 6 wins with one game to go.

Our defense wasn't in the Top 100 last year and we're in the Top 50 this year. Things are objectively better. Try to enjoy some success in the moment, regardless of what tomorrow brings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT