ADVERTISEMENT

Why are all post regarding Covid closed?

It’s because each side was changing the minds of people on the other side. Jk

COVID 19 is a discussion that relates to sports as in
When do schools open?
Will HS and colleges play FB this year?
But other than those types of questions, it was a diversion from not getting out. It’s a free board and let’s not argue with Shoe and the mods. Long live FGF.

Because there a 4-5 posters that think it’s ok to spam every thread with their personal twitter feeds that are mostly fake news briefings . FGF doesn’t need to be the platform for all the misinformation or agenda.

I agree take your twitter debates back to your twitter world rabbit holes. Everyone one of us could repost twitter feeds to contradict every other persons twitter views. No place for it on fgf.

Mods can't win.
So many complain that either side of the aisle has hijacked the site, and they either state they have decided to stay away, and miss the days when it was mostly sports, with just a smattering of politics.
Now they lock up the (and let's be honest, toxic) exchanges and again they get criticized.

Not advocating either strategy, just making an observation.

I remember when Caslen were hired, and a significant number of posters we had never seen before came on this board to pan the pick, slice up the BOT, and skewer the Governor.

Some of their reasons for being opposed were well-taken. But their manner was aggressive, sometimes abusive and insulting, totally lacking in respect, effecting self-assured superiority.

A couple of them went so far as to assert that, if a person wasn't an alumnus, that person really didn't know anything and had no right to express an opinion, forgetting completely that many people attended but didn't graduate, many sent their children and grandchildren there, and many contributed money to the university - all things that qualify a person as a stakeholder. Those posters attacked and insulted these people but the moderators let it go on for several weeks.

When it became apparent that the appointment of Caslen was going to stick, these formerly unseen posters thankfully vacated. They were the type who brighten up the whole room when they walk out of it. Hopefully the reverse exodus is about to be joined by others of similar mien.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscg1984
Remember when people said that Kaepernick shouldn't be protesting at football games during the Star Spangled Banner? Many said it wasn't the time or the place for politics. Others claimed that everyone should be able to say their opinion any time and any place, no matter what.

Well, this is the end result. As the government pushes for more and more control in people's lives, politics has infused everything. Half the country is calling the other have deplorable. That half is calling the other lazy communist. And the media as a whole pours gasoline on the fire. Throw in the millions of half-truths that are blasted over social media 24/7/365, and none of this should surprise anyone.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Remember when people said that Kaepernick shouldn't be protesting at football games during the Star Spangled Banner? Many said it wasn't the time or the place for politics. Others claimed that everyone should be able to say their opinion any time and any place, no matter what.

Well, this is the end result. As the government pushes for more and more control in people's lives, politics has infused everything. Half the country is calling the other have deplorable. That half is calling the other lazy communist. And the media as a whole pours gasoline on the fire. Throw in the millions of half-truths that are blasted over social media 24/7/365, and none of this should surprise anyone.
This is shoe's web site and he doesnt want politics on here. End of story.

This is shoe's web site and he doesnt want politics on here. End of story.

I ABSOLUTELY agree today, just as I agreed with the NFL owners that said the same and were demonized for restricting free speech.

Moral of the story: When you open the door for politics to be everywhere in your life, don't be surprised if it shows up.

I ABSOLUTELY agree today, just as I agreed with the NFL owners that said the same and were demonized for restricting free speech.

Moral of the story: When you open the door for politics to be everywhere in your life, don't be surprised if it shows up.
Yep, it shows up for sure ..lol

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I've NEVER wanted politics ANYWHERE close to sports. Sports is an escape for me. But if it's there, I'm damn sure going to make my voice heard if others are allowed to do the same. That's only fair.

This might not be a popular opinion, but I don't really even like a lot of the "feel good" stories that feel contrived and manufactured. Some are legit, but some are blatant PR stunts that appear to have ulterior motives.

Reactions: SCexpat38
This might not be a popular opinion, but I don't really even like a lot of the "feel good" stories that feel contrived and manufactured. Some are legit, but some are blatant PR stunts that appear to have ulterior motives.

Amen. If I want a feel good story I'll watch Jeff Hartman's on the road stuff. He does that kind of reporting all the time, not just during pandemics and other crises. And he does it well.

Is this North Korea? Do I need to go into hiding for pointing this out?

I'm fine with it. The owners have a right to do what they want. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised to see as many gamecock posters as I did who share my political point of views. Having said that, I don't post as much as I did during the Spurrier era. That is what the Muschamp debacle has done to my football interest. Maybe if Muschamp , this season, proves Florida was wrong, that will change.

We are quests on this site and while Shoe wants us here, there are rules. If you do not understand that and cannot abide by the rules, then sadly, you must begone. It is not a democracy and no one else has a say in the rules or how they are applied. I am just glad that I have a place to follow Gamecock sports.

I'm happy they did it...politics was taking over this board in a foul way. We all want USC athletics to succeed. We help each other through the ups and downs.

When push comes to shove, we are all friends here.

Unless you like Muschamp...

I'm fine with it. The owners have a right to do what they want. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised to see as many gamecock posters as I did who share my political point of views. Having said that, I don't post as much as I did during the Spurrier era. That is what the Muschamp debacle has done to my football interest. Maybe if Muschamp , this season, proves Florida was wrong, that will change.
Steve Spurrier intentionally destroyed what he built here. Spurrier screwed us over and if u and the many others like you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you.

Too bad no down arrow.
Too bad I don’t have 2-3 years left on my contract and quit in the middle of a season on my conscience! How about agreements to be an ambassador to our great University and then less than 5 months later disrespecting The University of South Carolina and going back to UF. I, or no one with a brain expected Spurrier to be loyal to us after he QUIT coaching. To say Spurrier didn’t quit on us is a lie through and through. Links https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...th-carolina/usc-football/article59242898.html https://www.thestate.com/article92568142.html

Is this North Korea? Do I need to go into hiding for pointing this out?

Didn’t u hear ...... “And in China, the hot-spot city of Wuhan reported that its last hospital patient had been discharged”..........unfortunately what the reds didn’t mention, the “patient” was discharged n a body bag.

Reactions: SorryPeasants
Too bad I don’t have 2-3 years left on my contract and quit in the middle of a season on my conscience! How about agreements to be an ambassador to our great University and then less than 5 months later disrespecting The University of South Carolina and going back to UF. I, or no one with a brain expected Spurrier to be loyal to us after he QUIT coaching. To say Spurrier didn’t quit on us is a lie through and through. Links https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...th-carolina/usc-football/article59242898.html https://www.thestate.com/article92568142.html
Tanner should have let him go when he wanted to the year before.

Reactions: Bleadgandb3334
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT