ADVERTISEMENT

Why I see us with a chance to win in Tillman .

Clemson would in less than a second. Don't get upset at me because I said the truth.

I'm not so sure. They have an easier path to the playoff where they are. Money is not as good, but certainly more than enough to stay competitive especially with the new ACC network on the horizon.

The ACC would be more attractive if it didn't have Syracuse, Pitt and BC. The same way you Mizzou adds nothing to the SEC except a TV market. I'm old school, but I wish conferences would contract and not expand. It sucks that rivalries like Texas - A&M and Oklahoma - Nebraska have been lost.

Maryland being in the B1G is just sad. They don't have any rivalries. Virginia will never play them. Coach K will never play them. They may have some more money for now, but they've lost games which actually interest people. They've lost 60 years of tradition. Clemson is wise to stay exactly where they are, imo.

Agreed! The Taters have benefited from an overrated ACC schedule. You know it's bad when they brag about Troy hahahaha. Welcome to ACC football.

These are the priceless gems that so many look forward to reading. The Clemson SOS is the sole reason that Clemson moved to number 2 in the playoff poll. Keep them coming .

Hypothetical Clemson schedule in the SEC:
1) Troy 2) @Ga 3) Vandy 4) ECU 5) @Texas AM 6) @ Missouri 7) Kentucky 8) SC State 9) @ Fla 10) Tenn 11) @ Ark 12) @ SC

to me that looks significantly harder to navigate undefeated even this year in the sucky EAST! JMO

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
NO, I consider the Clemson schedule much weaker than Tennessee. To put it another way, if Tennessee played Clemson's schedule they might very well be 8-0. Carolina has played a schedule as tough or tougher than Clemson. Had Bentley and Dowdle played all year, we might be looked upon as having a very good chance to beating Clemson because of the record we might have. You can speculate either way but I believe we are much better than some think and Clemson is not quite as good. The last few weeks indicate this.

We have played a tougher schedule to date? you can't honestly believe that! Actually seeing all your post I'm sure you actually do believe it. I'm sure You believe the SEC patch on Vandy, Mizzou or Kentucky jersey makes them better than a Louisville, FSU, GT

We have played a tougher schedule to date? you can't honestly believe that! Actually seeing all your post I'm sure you actually do believe it. I'm sure You believe the SEC patch on Vandy, Mizzou or Kentucky jersey makes them better than a Louisville, FSU, GT
no ....but they are better than BC, Syracuse , Pittsburgh and Wake.....you can't pick your strongest and compare to our weakest...

no ....but they are better than BC, Syracuse , Pittsburgh and Wake.....you can't pick your strongest and compare to our weakest...

I'm a member here (which I would recommend to all gamecock fans to join!). My point was on manafold saying we have played a harder schedule to date than Clemson. Fact is the history of his post I truly believe he would think a conference patch on a jersey makes a team better than another because of the patch on their jersey. That's the reason I listed the worst SEC teams we played so far vs the ACC teams they have played.

Reactions: Heyward1
let me tell you what a fact is my delusional friend.......EVERY SEC team plays a tougher schedule then EVERY ACC team !! SOS takes those easy ACC wins and counts them with much more weight than an SEC loss to a much bigger and tougher team. Answer my flipping question....which schedule is tougher Clemson 2016 or the hypothetical one I listed above? Use your brain and not what some poll told you.

Your trying to give to much credit for team recognition to what a team truly is today. Clemson schedule would be tougher because they have a top 10 OOC road game, top 10 home game, and another top 25 game. Your schedule you made up has just 2 ranked teams a top 10 game and top 15 game.

Your trying to give to much credit for team recognition to what a team truly is today. Clemson schedule would be tougher because they have a top 10 OOC road game, top 10 home game, and another top 25 game. Your schedule you made up has just 2 ranked teams a top 10 game and top 15 game.
i agree......But those rankings are based on RECORDS and FSU, Louisville, and Clemson have better records than they would have if they played in the SEC. again would Clemson be 8-0 against my hypothetical schedule considering their lapses this season?

These are the priceless gems that so many look forward to reading. The Clemson SOS is the sole reason that Clemson moved to number 2 in the playoff poll. Keep them coming .

You don't really believe that do you? If that were true, then Clemson's close calls would have been factored in as well. Clemson is still alive thanks to a missed FG. Clemson jumped to #2 because the committee is attempting to set up a rematch of last year's championship game. Can't you imagine the advertising and the pregame build up?

clemsux fans are full of stupid comments.

Just 3 years ago, the clemsux faithful had SEC envy because they never thought the SOS in their pathetic conference would get them in the playoffs.

clemsux has now figured out (and has a lot of people convinced) if they have a schedule with just a couple of real games, they can ride a high ranking and get votes for the playoffs. It helps to have clemsux homers on the committee.

Let's take the hypothetical out of this. Put Clemson on South Carolina's schedule and tell me which games they lose.

Because I personally believe those SOS ranking are crap! There are too many intangibles. Clemson played 4 team out of 8 that could compete for SEC-E maybe. SOS to me doesn't take into account the size and mass of teams and how much punishment the teams take in those losses. If I was a running back vying for the Heisman......I would rather play in the ACC. Just a fact. See my hypothetical Schedule for Clemson THIS year in the SEC east above. Which schedule is tougher?

SOS also does not take into account home or away games.

Let's take the hypothetical out of this. Put Clemson on South Carolina's schedule and tell me which games they lose.

How is that taking hypothetical out of anything? Guessing at which games Clemson would lose on SC's schedule is the definition of hypothetical.... but I'll give my opinion anyway.

A&M, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and Clemson (since Clemson doesn't lose, they just beat themselves).

i agree......But those rankings are based on RECORDS and FSU, Louisville, and Clemson have better records than they would have if they played in the SEC. again would Clemson be 8-0 against my hypothetical schedule considering their lapses this season?

They are 7-1 or undefeated right now just like they could be 7-1 or undefeated right now on their schedule. Texas am is the only team on that schedule that looks close to them. Objectively Clemson is a top 5 team with whatever schedule u want to make. Yeah they are our rivals so we can try to say what If nc state hit a fg, but you can't really play what ifs in any game. What if Clemson doesn't turn the ball over inside the 10 yd line 3 times or throw a pick 6? It would be a blow out! What ifs never work!!! Can you honestly say if your house depended on it you would take nc state over Clemson in a rematch? You would put your house on Clemson without having to think about it! We all would then lie about it to our friends!

They are 7-1 or undefeated right now just like they could be 7-1 or undefeated right now on their schedule. Texas am is the only team on that schedule that looks close to them. Objectively Clemson is a top 5 team with whatever schedule u want to make. Yeah they are our rivals so we can try to say what If nc state hit a fg, but you can't really play what ifs in any game. What if Clemson doesn't turn the ball over inside the 10 yd line 3 times or throw a pick 6? It would be a blow out! What ifs never work!!! Can you honestly say if your house depended on it you would take nc state over Clemson in a rematch? You would put your house on Clemson without having to think about it! We all would then lie about it to our friends!

your entire post is about not playing the "what if" game, then you play the "what if" game by asking about a rematch. TO's are part of the game. TO's are part of all Clemson games this season. They keep doing it over and over.

your entire post is about not playing the "what if" game, then you play the "what if" game by asking about a rematch. TO's are part of the game. TO's are part of all Clemson games this season. They keep doing it over and over.

Big difference in what if in a game that has been played like a pass was incomplete or fg miss vs who would win in a rematch. The game in question has already been played and a team has won.

TO are part of the game just like missed fgs. That's the reason I said you can't play the what If game to a game already played. We could literally play the what if game on every single team that wins or losses by less than 10-14 points and show plays how the other team could have won.

Last edited:
Kentucky, Fla, TN, AM and GA ( and maybe even USC and Missouri) would be either 1st or 2nd in either division of the ACC. You can find stats or polls that say all kinds of stuff but no one is going to make me believe that Clemson or FSU has a tougher road to the playoff than ANY SEC team.

FMSxgr8.gif

Because I personally believe those SOS ranking are crap! There are too many intangibles. Clemson played 4 team out of 8 that could compete for SEC-E maybe. SOS to me doesn't take into account the size and mass of teams and how much punishment the teams take in those losses. If I was a running back vying for the Heisman......I would rather play in the ACC. Just a fact. See my hypothetical Schedule for Clemson THIS year in the SEC east above. Which schedule is tougher?
That is pure baloney....plain and simple. Do you not think that players from the ACC hit as hard as those from the SEC. Do you not think they are as fast or as big as those from the SEC. The number from each conference that are drafted into the NFL each year are pretty close. This SEC this and SEC that is really quite amusing, as there are players all over this country in different conferences that match up quite well with SEC talent. You are not going to get beat up any more physically playing an SEC schedule than a Big 10 or Big 12 or PAC 10 schedule. Do you think anyone on Clemson's, Louisville's, FSU's, North Carolina's team ....you name them.... is scared of anyone in the SEC?

You don't really believe that do you? If that were true, then Clemson's close calls would have been factored in as well. Clemson is still alive thanks to a missed FG. Clemson jumped to #2 because the committee is attempting to set up a rematch of last year's championship game. Can't you imagine the advertising and the pregame build up?
Absolutely correct. I think I saw a couple of members of the selection committee standing on the grassy knoll!

The BCS tie-in was a money thing and that's 100% the truth.
For anyone to say that Clemson "deserved" to go to those bowls based on achievement is BS. I'll be the first to give Clemson credit IF it is due and they earned thier playoff talk these last few years but the playoff was done in large part to get rid of the ridiculous BCS system that no one liked

Coulda woulda shoulda. Alabama could feel the win & clemsux scored when the game was over.

The clemsux fans don't want to accept that. Nice to see you're still on our board posting...nothing.

lol you brag about "almost" beating Clemson on here all the time. You seriously do not see the hypocrisy of your comment above....

You scored with LITERALLY one second on the clock. The clock would have ran out on the onside kick. You really are becoming my favorite poster over here. Its just too much fun.

Well, pretty much no doubt that UF could shut down most, if not all, those teams offenses. Whether they could generate an offense would depend on if Del Rio is in the game.
UK after Stoops took over the defense could beat GaTech (not a good team), WFU, NCSU, Duke and a couple of other ACC teams.
FSU is way overrated based on the way they've played. Louisville is all Jackson (they have a average to good defense, but not a great one).
IMO, Clemson is vunerable to teams that can generate rushing yardage up the middle and can throw the ball downfield. They do not play the run between the tackles that well and are fortunate that most teams run better outside which plays into Clemson's strength. On offense, if you can take away Clemson's run game, Watson struggles....and has seemingly struggled more with his accuracy downfield this year than last.

I agree with this opinion, "IMO, Clemson is vunerable to teams that can generate rushing yardage up the middle and can throw the ball downfield. They do not play the run between the tackles that well and are fortunate that most teams run better outside which plays into Clemson's strength. On offense, if you can take away Clemson's run game, Watson struggles....and has seemingly struggled more with his accuracy downfield this year than last.

I am not sure where NC State came up with the effort that they had in our game, but it was "real" and that was a very physical game. NC State got the better of both line of scrimmages. A few things to consider,
  • Clemson is not sneaking up on anyone this year.
  • Every game is is circled and a huge deal for our opponents
  • FSU and Clemson both have similar "talent levels" to the top 3rd of the SEC
  • It is hard to win every game in a football season
  • DW IMO has really struggled with the deep ball this year, his accuracy on the deep routes , again IMO, has been nowhere near what it was last year.
  • We really missed Renfrow in several of the games, he is gold on the underneath routes, and draws attention from Caine and Williams.
  • I am not sure on the stats this year vs last year, but we have turned over the ball way too much. It has happened inthe red zone, and has hurt us badly in games.
  • We won at Auburn, at FSU , and over Louisville at home, and survived the nightmare of NC State. I believe that teams have to get some breaks to go undefeated over a 12 game season.
  • All in all , I think that Clemson belongs about where the committee has them. I think that FSU, AUB , and LOU combined are better resume points than Washington's single win over Utah, and Michigan's soft big 10 schedule.
  • I do know that it is fun to be in the conversation, and and we match up well with most teams.

SEC had five ranked teams....ALL ranked much higher than the highest ranked ACC team, VaTech at #21. The OB threw up a little having to pick an ACC team.

it is a little disappointing to see you go to "conference" stats to somehow excuse your performance. C'mon Rouge, you are better than that :)

lol you brag about "almost" beating Clemson on here all the time. You seriously do not see the hypocrisy of your comment above....

You scored with LITERALLY one second on the clock. The clock would have ran out on the onside kick. You really are becoming my favorite poster over here. Its just too much fun.
I mention how close last year's game was because it's the truth. If clemsux was so amazing, y'all should have scored 70 on us (like many tater fans predicted). Sorry it hurts your tigger feelings.

And becoming?? You've been following me around like a little puppy for a while now.

We all know how much you enjoy telling us Gamecocks that we're wrong. Way to set us straight! Now you can walk a little taller & try to puff out your chest a little more. Good job!

Seriously, most of us can't imagine going to taternet & arguing with the clemsux fans on their own board. What an odd, strange & bizzare habit.

it is a little disappointing to see you go to "conference" stats to somehow excuse your performance. C'mon Rouge, you are better than that :)
Just trying to make a point to him about how conference tie-ins work. That it doesn't reward the more deserving teams.

1) Troy 2) @Ga 3) Vandy 4) ECU 5) @Texas AM 6) @ Missouri 7) Kentucky 8) SC State 9) @ Fla 10) Tenn 11) @ Ark 12) @ SC

to me that looks significantly harder to navigate undefeated even this year in the sucky EAST! JMO
who are you equating, Aub , Lou, and FSU with?

Hopefully @BigTomE doesn't go to TMB spreading this nonsense. One @MANAFOLD is enough.

of course he is right...SEC East is Horrible and they can't beat anyone in the ACC , Big east or even the pop warner team down the street. I can read since I took hooked on phonics in the 11th grade. Not sure how they rank these things and not really interested to do the research but I have to believe that playing SEC teams week in and week out has GOT to be tougher than playing ACC teams week after week except for the 4 top schools. It is unanswerable question so I accept that the EAST sucks and should be reclassified as a SAC conference.
clemsux had, what, 2 "real" conference games? Before each game, they had extra time to play those most difficult teams. 2 extra days before Louisville & they just happpensd to have their bye week before Fl St. Play difficult conference teams week in & week out and see how clemsux does. #clemsuxing

Why don't we look at your hypothetical schedule and compare the teams, best to worst, with the teams on Clemson's schedule this year.

#1 - Louisville - Texas A&M. (Push) This could be argued either way but I don't think you can give either team a huge advantage. I could accept an argument that A&M is better that Lou, but neither team is significantly better than the other.

#2 - Auburn - Florida. (Slight Advantage Auburn.) Based on the current rankings, both teams are solid, but Auburn is currently back in the top 10 with 2 losses. Head to head may be a good game, but I think Auburn wins this game. Especially after seeing how UT scored at will on Florida in the second half.

#3- Florida State - Arkansas (Slight Florida State, maybe push.) I am simply using current rankings. I think both teams are solid, but neither team is elite.

#4 - Troy - Troy (Obvious Push)

#5 - Pitt - UT (UT) - I guess it depends on which UT team shows ups, but I can go with advantage UT. I don't think Clemson struggles with either team.

#6 - NC State - ECU (ECU) They beat NCSU earlier this year.

#7 - Syracuse - Kentucky (Syracuse) The air raid offense would score enough to beat Kentucky.

#8 - GT - UGA (Push) Both teams are horrible

#9 - SC - SC (Push)

#10 - BC - Vandy (who cares, both are horrible)

#11 - Wake Forest - Missouri (Again, who cares.)

#12 - SC State - SC State (Push.)

With that, I would argue Clemson has the harder schedule, top to bottom, over the one you proposed.

Why don't we look at your hypothetical schedule and compare the teams, best to worst, with the teams on Clemson's schedule this year.

#1 - Louisville - Texas A&M. (Push) This could be argued either way but I don't think you can give either team a huge advantage. I could accept an argument that A&M is better that Lou, but neither team is significantly better than the other.

#2 - Auburn - Florida. (Slight Advantage Auburn.) Based on the current rankings, both teams are solid, but Auburn is currently back in the top 10 with 2 losses. Head to head may be a good game, but I think Auburn wins this game. Especially after seeing how UT scored at will on Florida in the second half.

#3- Florida State - Arkansas (Slight Florida State, maybe push.) I am simply using current rankings. I think both teams are solid, but neither team is elite.

#5 - Pitt - UT (UT) - I guess it depends on which UT team shows ups, but I can go with advantage UT. I don't think Clemson struggles with either team.

#7 - Syracuse - Kentucky (Syracuse) The air raid offense would score enough to beat Kentucky.

#9 - SC - SC (Push)

With that, I would argue Clemson has the harder schedule, top to bottom, over the one you proposed.
My point was that Clemson has had to rely on pure unadulterated luck this year on several occasions to remain undefeated and if you had that many lapses in my hypothetical schedule ...Clemson would not be blemish free. BTW the bottom of the SEC west is significantly better than the bottom of your pitiful division. Like I said.....arguing with you guys is like arguing with a Hillary voter.....

Clemson should beat us. If Clemson was In our shoes starting a FR QB and FR RB who did not see a snap until several games into the season I would expect us to win One thing for sure we wil show up. And if we don't win I Hope it is a rough enough game Clemson loses the following week regardless
This is almost the exact situation that clemson beat South Carolina two years ago.

Reactions: SandNat
Hopefully @BigTomE doesn't go to TMB spreading this nonsense. One @MANAFOLD is enough.

College football is a billion dollar industry. You're naïve to think money doesn't factor into all decisions. The committee made several questionable decisions last year and many members of the press speculated that it was to get certain matchups. I didn't just make this up.

I appreciate your concern about which sites I visit, but considering I don't even know what "TMB" is, you have little reason for concern. I'm a Gamecock fan, so I choose to post here, and only here.

My point was that Clemson has had to rely on pure unadulterated luck this year on several occasions to remain undefeated and if you had that many lapses in my hypothetical schedule ...Clemson would not be blemish free. BTW the bottom of the SEC west is significantly better than the bottom of your pitiful division. Like I said.....arguing with you guys is like arguing with a Hillary voter.....

I must have misunderstood your question from an earlier post. You wrote:

"which schedule is tougher Clemson 2016 or the hypothetical one I listed above? Use your brain and not what some poll told you."

I was simply answering your question with my hypothetical comparison of strength of schedule.

#9 - SC - SC (Push)

UGA> GT
UK > Syracuse
Vandy > BC
Missouri > WF

College football is a billion dollar industry. You're naïve to think money doesn't factor into all decisions. The committee made several questionable decisions last year and many members of the press speculated that it was to get certain matchups. I didn't just make this up.

I appreciate your concern about which sites I visit, but considering I don't even know what "TMB" is, you have little reason for concern. I'm a Gamecock fan, so I choose to post here, and only here.
Since when did Clemson become such a darling of the ACC, the sports media, and football play-off committee (and huge money maker attraction) that we are now getting the extra week to prepare for difficult teams, getting the benefit of refereeing, and being considered for positions/rankings we don't deserve because someone has a financial interest. Your own Sports Suites continually harps about the wealth of the SEC, the Gamecocks, etc. and how lousy Clemson does in TV ratings. Why would they choose little ole Clemson.

Actually I do understand. Admitting that it is not a grassy knoll conspiracy would be admitting that Clemson actually deserves what it has achieved.

Since when did Clemson become such a darling of the ACC, the sports media, and football play-off committee (and huge money maker attraction) that we are now getting the extra week to prepare for difficult teams, getting the benefit of refereeing, and being considered for positions/rankings we don't deserve because someone has a financial interest. Your own Sports Suites continually harps about the wealth of the SEC, the Gamecocks, etc. and how lousy Clemson does in TV ratings. Why would they choose little ole Clemson.

Actually I do understand. Admitting that it is not a grassy knoll conspiracy would be admitting that Clemson actually deserves what it has achieved.
What did y'all do to Sportssuites? Where are you keeping him? I'm highly suspecting Clemson poster, Rickey Bobby, is behind this since he was only recently released from prison and now has unmonitored access to the internet.

Last edited:
While many fans are riding the high of the Tennessee win I am going to try to stay a bit more grounded until after I see how they follow it up against a bad Mizzou team. Beat them convincingly like a good team should and I will be A LOT more optimistic going into the Florida and Clemson games. Now if they win but play sloppy and struggle through it then be prepared for a 6 win season and lower tier bowl game which is not a bad thing with all things considered. Loose this one and you can kiss any bowl game hopes goodbye.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT