ADVERTISEMENT

Why would anyone start a fight on a Plane ?

If you look at these situations, they almost all revolve around being asked to wear masks and/or to wear them appropriately. So the real question is why don't people want to wear masks?

To me the answer is simple: They've been misled and lied to about science and they've been emboldened to believe they should make a stand.

Alcohol is certainly a factor, but it's been served - and given away - since the beginning of commercial flight.

With that said, I almost got into a fight with a guy who wouldn't stop farting. I'm kinda glad we have masks now.

RollLaugh

Alcohol. Also, caffeine junkies who are on edge all day and use pills at night for their 5-6 hours of non-REM sleep.

The lockdowns didn't help either. Mental health issues are peaking.

Replacing alcohol with a little cannabis might be a good start towards friendlier skies again.

And don't forget those muthaf*&^in snakes.......

It’s not rude. Many people have leg or back issues that require reclining.
Rude. We all know we are in economy and we are fighting for every inch we can get. Me too, and I refuse to take it from the guy behind me because that's rude.

It's rude.

"uscmustwin" is once again "fowl_mood"

Rude. We all know we are in economy and we are fighting for every inch we can get. Me too, and I refuse to take it from the guy behind me because that's rude.

It's rude.

That’s not a way to go through life.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
The answers have mostly been given already, but my thoughts are:

Alcohol, trashy people, people with a limited concept of consequences, and the internet/social media age that leads people to believe that their every opinion is valid and needs sharing.
It's the narcissists' world nowadays. The rest of us are just living in it.

The answers have mostly been given already, but my thoughts are:

Alcohol, trashy people, people with a limited concept of consequences, and the internet/social media age that leads people to believe that their every opinion is valid and needs sharing.
Also, the cheaper the flight, the more likely people will treat the flight attendants and fellow travelers like garbage, in my very humble opinion. It's kind of like the pride of ownership thing... the more you pay of your hard-earned money for something the less likely you are to abuse it (or make trouble for other people about it).

These times have made some people absolutely Crazy
Snakes-On-A-Plane-2006-Hollywood-Movie-Watch-Online.jpg

Not to bright eh? Keep trying that & someone's going to eff you up.
Probably much brighter, more educated and more traveled than you. Impressed by the use of the word eff. But if it makes you feel better, my wife does not like it when I do it either.

That’s not a way to go through life.
It usually only lasts for a few minutes until they put the seat back up, so it does not take very much of my life.

Try it, use some finesse, it works.

More times than I can count. Never wanted to fight. I did want to drink, though, and did.

I've never seen anyone fight on a plane, come to think about it, but I haven't flown in a long time.
It's a claustrophobic experience. It breeds anxiety.

Reactions: fowl_mood
Probably much brighter, more educated and more traveled than you. Impressed by the use of the word eff. But if it makes you feel better, my wife does not like it when I do it either.
Oh...so now your dick is bigger than mine?
Grow up and quit bitching about your entitled "safe space".

It's rude.

Who told you it’s rude? All seats can recline so it’s allowed by the airlines. If they didn’t want you to do that, they wouldn’t buy seats that recline. You can recline your seat also. It’s rude to disrupt the person in front of you by hitting their chair. That’s rude. How long have you been flying?

Reactions: Captain Weegie
Oh...so now your dick is bigger than mine?
Grow up and quit bitching about your entitled "safe space".
Interesting. My original post was a general observation upon which you decided to deride me. It's never my intent to personally trash anybody on this board, but I won't put up with it either. I know who I am. And, from your reactions, I trust I have a pretty good idea of your game. You essentially started a fight with me in a thread about not starting a fight.

Great.

I suggest we do what we would have originally done if you hadn't had to be the big guy first and insult my intelligence initially....that would be to leave it alone between us. Can you do that? I can.

Last edited:
Who told you it’s rude? All seats can recline so it’s allowed by the airlines. If they didn’t want you to do that, they wouldn’t buy seats that recline. You can recline your seat also. It’s rude to disrupt the person in front of you by hitting their chair. That’s rude. How long have you been flying?
Since 1973. Many, many, many flights, many countries, no fights yet. Not even a terse word. Never really been rude other than bumping people's seats on a airplane in a space I paid for when I need to move. The personal attacks I got for a general comment I made in passing in this thread surpass any rudeness I have given or received on a plane. After 22 years here, that should be no surprise.

But, like a lot of folks, I'm tired of the trashing response approach some big guys take on this site, so I've decided to play along for a minute when I encounter it, so perhaps they see personal destruction for fun is not a free ride.

That being said, I do think there is an unsaid tension created by the airlines in relation to this issue. If we did a poll, I think it would split half and half on seat reclining. And, I bet a lot of big folks like me will tell you if you recline, I got nowhere to go. So sorry, you will probably get bumped, because I will not inconvenience the person behind me.

Since 1973. Many, many, many flights, many countries, no fights yet. Not even a terse word. Never really been rude other than bumping people's seats on a airplane in a space I paid for when I need to move. The personal attacks I got for a general comment I made in passing in this thread surpass any rudeness I have given or received on a plane. After 22 years here, that should be no surprise.

But, like a lot of folks, I'm tired of the trashing response approach some big guys take on this site, so I've decided to play along for a minute when I encounter it, so perhaps they see personal destruction for fun is not a free ride.

That being said, I do think there is an unsaid tension created by the airlines in relation to this issue. If we did a poll, I think it would split half and half on seat reclining. And, I bet a lot of big folks like me will tell you if you recline, I got nowhere to go. So sorry, you will probably get bumped, because I will not inconvenience the person behind me

I don't want to fight, but I sure kick the heck and bump as hard as I can the seat in front of me when the participant decides to recline. It's rude. I don't appreciate it. You will know it.

Username checks out.

I kid. I kid. Haha

Reactions: USC2USC
Interesting. My original post was a general observation upon which you decided to deride me. It's never my intent to personally trash anybody on this board, but I won't put up with it either. I know who I am. And, from your reactions, I trust I have a pretty good idea of your game. You essentially started a fight with me in a thread about not starting a fight.

Great.

I suggest we do what we would have originally done if you hadn't had to be the big guy first and insult my intelligence initially....that would be to leave it alone between us. Can you do that? I can.
BS. You were touting your passive aggressive behavior, knowing fully well you'd invite comments.

Since you're such an educated fellow, upgrade to 1st class or the emergency exit row so you won't be tempted to vent your inner brat towards the riff raff who decides to incline their seat.

It started when the twenty-something crowd began wearing their flannel pajamas and fuzzy slippers to the airport. I see this a lot.

Alcohol. Also, caffeine junkies who are on edge all day and use pills at night for their 5-6 hours of non-REM sleep.

The lockdowns didn't help either. Mental health issues are peaking.

Replacing alcohol with a little cannabis might be a good start towards friendlier skies again.
Then they can all be paranoid. LOL. I've know a lot of cannabis users in my time. Most of them were the same person stoned as they were sober, except more so.

Reactions: PaleoCock

Exactly. The seat reclines (slightly) for a reason. Why would all the airlines install reclining seats if we weren't supposed to do just that?

It started when the twenty-something crowd began wearing their flannel pajamas and fuzzy slippers to the airport. I see this a lot.
Men wearing shorts on a plane, and not even dress shorts. Not something I want sitting next to me for several hours.
The minimum seat selection I now use is Premium Economy, it's definitely worth the extra money.

I believe a lot of surge in fights/disruptions is four fold 1) alcohol: for a while airplanes quit serving alcohol on the plane so people were drunk before they got on the plane, rather than getting drunk while on the plane and then deplaning before it got too bad; 2) 15 minutes of fame: people protesting conditions on the plane (masks, seats) or trying to put flight attendants in a position to make a poor decision so as to get try to make a point or get something from the airline; 3) flight attendants perceive they have "power" and some abuse it, some are just having a bad day, and some have lost or believe they can no longer use common sense because of rules/regulations (does a 2 year old really need a mask?); 4) more cell phones are taking video, so they can post it on-line so that they can get their own 15 minutes of fame.

Exactly. The seat reclines (slightly) for a reason. Why would all the airlines install reclining seats if we weren't supposed to do just that?
Here's a little background for you.

Don't care for Salon, but this is a good article.

If only it could be resolved by me bumping a seat or or another poster in this thread using the silly abbreviations bs, effing and the lovely word "dick" in an argument, we would be good.

But, as you can see, it's a fun issue to discuss until it devolves into somebody turning it into a personal attack as the early start of the thread reflects. Sort of like starting the fight by putting the seat back, and I just couldn't give up the space I had. So, we have the message board version of the seat recline issue.

Complicated world ain't it, even when we so want I not to be. Me too.

Last edited:
Men wearing shorts on a plane, and not even dress shorts. Not something I want sitting next to me for several hours.
The minimum seat selection I now use is Premium Economy, it's definitely worth the extra money.
It seems to me so much of this started when all the TSA reviews came into place. Taking off your shoes to be scanned started transitioning people to easy on and off footwear. The request to remove your belt also impacts that as people are just trying to dress to get through the TSA as quickly as possible.

On our flight last week I realized as I got in the scanner I didn’t take my belt off but the TSA people didn’t say anything. I think it’s an absolute crap shoot as to how they react since the week before they pulled someone out and made them go back to run a new bin because a guy had his and his wife’s license in his pocket when he went through.

I hear you. Until I was a about 17 my parents made my brother and I wear a sport coat on a plane. I no longer dress up to fly, but I do wear something this is comfortable/casual. Not sure why some bare footed, sloppy tank top wearing passengers would think strangers would want to sit 3 inches from them for 2 plus hours.

After reading this thread, I think several of you are capable and/or likely to start a fight on a plane. Please post your itinerary before your next flight.

• Haha
Reactions: HI Cock
I hear you. Until I was a about 17 my parents made my brother and I wear a sport coat on a plane. I no longer dress up to fly, but I do wear something this is comfortable/casual. Not sure why some bare footed, sloppy tank top wearing passengers would think strangers would want to sit 3 inches from them for 2 plus hours.
At minimum, I dress business casual when flying.

Maybe airlines could establish some sort of passenger dress code in the hopes that it might help encourage better behaviour amongst crew and passengers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT