ADVERTISEMENT

Will Clemson go on probation now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man read this back to yourself. Are you serious? I understand being upset about your rival doing well but accusations like that are over the top. If you have proof of what you are saying, I'd love to see it. I guess it has got to be some kind of crazy far fetched story. It can't just be hard work and good coaching. You are embarrassing to most of the gamecocks I know.

This might be far fetched, but I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. Newspring raised over $1 million to cover the costs of a brand new, state of the art facility located on prime real estate on Lake Hartwell, with a picturesque view of Death (Happy) Valley. Just check this out from the Newspring website.

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=8cab5d8fae757e5b3683a83ca&id=4065d15bb2&e=b8525af164

Read the whole message. How does linking Artavis Scott to the message of Christmas giving hit you?

This was an email that went out to probably tens of thousands of subscribers. Be sure to click on the Artavis Scott hyperlink which takes you his player profile on the official Clemson University Football website.

The former pastor (Perry Noble) used to tweet the names and pics of players who "met Jesus" through Newspring services. This is a church doing this, mind you.

Last edited:
Why would Watson go to this little town over George,.Florida. Money
Why would he go to Florida or Georgia over Clemson? Which of the 3 programs was having the most success when Watson enrolled early in 2014? If your view of the college sports landscape is so myopic that you can't fathom why any star player would choose a program other than the ten you have deemed worthy based on wealth, size, or whatever other arbitrary criteria you're using, you should probably find a new hobby.

Well said. I say on here all the time that if you don't live in the Upstate, you do not understand their overwhelming presence. I don't know what it is like in Spartanburg, but from Greenville down to Clemson, they permeate everything. They have huge displays in downtown Greenville, and the Bon Secors Arena. The arena is not school affiliated, but you would never know it by it's decor outside or inside. The population, workforce, radio-TV-news paper media, law enforcement, educational, political and business leadership is the same. Even the hospitals and doctor's offices are staffed with Clemson nursing school grads who often wear purple scrubs with an orange tiger Paw It was not as bad a decade ago, but we are being choked by it in Greenville now.

My wife is an elementary school teacher here. A large majority of the teachers are Clem graduates. Her principal and asst. principal are both huge Clem fans. On TH they offered a "jeans pass" for all teachers that wore orange and purple, and provided snacks that were all orange & purple. During announcements, the asst. principal routinely announces who and where Clemson plays that week, and ends by saying, "Let's cheer on the Tigers!". This is in an elementary school! I used to attend a church (not Newspring) where the pastor did the same thing at the end of each service. When I talked with him about it, he said he didn't care what anybody thought of it. When I told him it was divisive and that kind of thing had no place in a church (even if it was all about the Gamecocks), he still didn't care. Do these kind of things happen where you live?

GodhatesClemson.jpg

Reactions: Tigers&Bravos
Question for all you Tigers hanging out on this Gamecock board. Please explain why a five star African American athlete from Georgia or Florida would have any interest in attending a school in a small upstate S.C. town founded by one of the most notorious racist in history? Is it the diverse culture of Pickens County? The claim of a quality education? Please enlighten us as to how Clemson, SC can be such an attractive place versus Gainesville, Tallahassee, or Athens. A five star football player could choose any school in the U.S., but they choose Clemson. Why do they? Is there cash in those hills?
Why would any 5 star African American athlete want to go to college in a town like Tuscaloosa or Oxford with a real history of racism? Cause they want to win and go to the NFL? No.. that wouldn't make any sense would it?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

In any event, I'm not some pearl clutcher that thinks paying players is immoral or a sin. This is big business and these are employees. They should be paid. I do find Dabo's loud proclamations that players shouldn't be paid is absurd and ironic on a number of levels.

Dabo doesn't want it legal to pay players because that would mean that every school who's been playing by the rules, but has the resources to "pay for play" will do what he does.

Question, who all are going to write a letter to President Pestides about the poor performance of our sports in the last 2 years. (Football) Present and past! Why did it take so long to build nice facilities, coaches been accountable for poor performance. It should be the same as professors been accountable for hard work. I'm happy to hear how or athletes are doing well in class.

I will.

Question for all you Tigers hanging out on this Gamecock board. Please explain why a five star African American athlete from Georgia or Florida would have any interest in attending a school in a small upstate S.C. town founded by one of the most notorious racist in history? Is it the diverse culture of Pickens County? The claim of a quality education? Please enlighten us as to how Clemson, SC can be such an attractive place versus Gainesville, Tallahassee, or Athens. A five star football player could choose any school in the U.S., but they choose Clemson. Why do they? Is there cash in those hills?

Because they want to win championships..

dabo-swinney

Ok, I am not divulging a name, but I have a close personal friend that was a 4-year letterman at Clem during the West regime. He married a woman who is the daughter of a HUGE Clem booster (owns a couple of fast food joints). He's told me of this New Spring scheme. Dude is a Clem alum & former player, but absolutely hates Dabo Swinney, mainly because he has 99% of Clem supporters hoodwinked & severely brain washed. Told me the money that goes through the New Spring scheme is so much that if I had it, I could retire tomorrow.

And yes....New Spring is a cult.
It's stuff like this that makes lawsuits and defamation actions so much fun.

Well said. I say on here all the time that if you don't live in the Upstate, you do not understand their overwhelming presence. I don't know what it is like in Spartanburg, but from Greenville down to Clemson, they permeate everything. They have huge displays in downtown Greenville, and the Bon Secors Arena. The arena is not school affiliated, but you would never know it by it's decor outside or inside. The population, workforce, radio-TV-news paper media, law enforcement, educational, political and business leadership is the same. Even the hospitals and doctor's offices are staffed with Clemson nursing school grads who often wear purple scrubs with an orange tiger Paw It was not as bad a decade ago, but we are being choked by it in Greenville now.

My wife is an elementary school teacher here. A large majority of the teachers are Clem graduates. Her principal and asst. principal are both huge Clem fans. On TH they offered a "jeans pass" for all teachers that wore orange and purple, and provided snacks that were all orange & purple. During announcements, the asst. principal routinely announces who and where Clemson plays that week, and ends by saying, "Let's cheer on the Tigers!". This is in an elementary school! I used to attend a church (not Newspring) where the pastor did the same thing at the end of each service. When I talked with him about it, he said he didn't care what anybody thought of it. When I told him it was divisive and that kind of thing had no place in a church (even if it was all about the Gamecocks), he still didn't care. Do these kind of things happen where you live?

Not THAT bad in the midlands where we live, but we are swamped with their fans! They ALL crawl out of the woodwork during successful times, and they're totally obnoxious, flaunting, and feel always entitled but don't respect the same from us when we're winning. Of course, for the MOST part, our fanbase doesn't act like they do and I'm grateful for that - we LOVE winning and enjoy doing so and celebrate with the best, but our crowd just behaves a cut-above how they act regardless of age - have a little more class in our culture OVERALL! All fanbases have some bad eggs and Clemson has some good ones as well, but from my observation over MANY years, Clemson takes the cake with the hate & obnoxious taunting when it's going good for them! It seems that every game they play and everything they do is fighting US! Sorry for you in the upstate! From what you describe here it's REALLY over the top - especially in the church & school administrators! I'd have to move LOL!

I will tell how they are doing it player open a saving account and then coachs and fans put money in to it

I do not doubt this a bit. An acquaintance from our former church had fallen on some pretty tough financial circumstances, so she opened some type of social media "help" account asking for support. I won't go into details, but they had 5 adopted children, and was afraid DSS might take them. Contributing to this type of thing is easy.

There was an article in the Greenville paper on a "Crowd Funding" app (started by a Clem alum) for supporting schools and athletic program fund raising.

Last edited:
Wow! After enjoying and celebrating this past week, I decided to mosey over here and see how our rival was handling things and, of course, explaining our championship away. I expected the usual "they were lucky", "if they only played in the SEC", etc. etc. I never expected to find an elaborate money laundering scheme run through a local church as the reason.

Wow, just wow! Carry on...

Ok, I am not divulging a name, but I have a close personal friend that was a 4-year letterman at Clem during the West regime. He married a woman who is the daughter of a HUGE Clem booster (owns a couple of fast food joints). He's told me of this New Spring scheme. Dude is a Clem alum & former player, but absolutely hates Dabo Swinney, mainly because he has 99% of Clem supporters hoodwinked & severely brain washed. Told me the money that goes through the New Spring scheme is so much that if I had it, I could retire tomorrow.

And yes....New Spring is a cult.
Well, that sure clears things up. You and a couple others have got to be Tigers posing as gamecocks. If you are gamecocks, you are truly making yourself look like idiots. I can understand not liking the success Clemson is having but why not just tip your cap and move on. If your program recruits well and coaches them up, you will get better and have your day as well. Promoting some conspiracy theory that maligns a church just shows your ignorance.

This might be far fetched, but I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. Newspring raised over $1 million to cover the costs of a brand new, state of the art facility located on prime real estate on Lake Hartwell, with a picturesque view of Death (Happy) Valley. Just check this out from the Newspring website.

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=8cab5d8fae757e5b3683a83ca&id=4065d15bb2&e=b8525af164

Read the whole message. How does linking Artavis Scott to the message of Christmas giving hit you?

This was an email that went out to probably tens of thousands of subscribers. Be sure to click on the Artavis Scott hyperlink which takes you his player profile on the official Clemson University Football website.

The former pastor (Perry Noble) used to tweet the names and pics of players who "met Jesus" through Newspring services. This is a church doing this, mind you.
What is wrong with that? Artavis is a member. He got saved at Newspring and works with the youth there. If you are trying to build a new building to reach college kids why wouldn't you let one of the star players that happens to be a member promote it? Why does the cause of Clemson doing well have to be something crazy and not just doing the right things and working hard? Are the garnet colored glasses that blinding?

What is wrong with that? Artavis is a member. He got saved at Newspring and works with the youth there. If you are trying to build a new building to reach college kids why wouldn't you let one of the star players that happens to be a member promote it? Why does the cause of Clemson doing well have to be something crazy and not just doing the right things and working hard? Are the garnet colored glasses that blinding?

You see, people....the strength of that cult doctrine is STRONG

Why would he go to Florida or Georgia over Clemson? Which of the 3 programs was having the most success when Watson enrolled early in 2014? If your view of the college sports landscape is so myopic that you can't fathom why any star player would choose a program other than the ten you have deemed worthy based on wealth, size, or whatever other arbitrary criteria you're using, you should probably find a new hobby.

At that time both Georgia and Florida were far and away better historically and had enjoyed more success recent to that. At the time when Watson came in, Clempson's claim to fame had been the worst beating in bowl history AND a bad bowl loss to So. Florida in which the very next year they "mysteriously" began signing big time recruits.

Why would any 5 star African American athlete want to go to college in a town like Tuscaloosa or Oxford with a real history of racism? Cause they want to win and go to the NFL? No.. that wouldn't make any sense would it?

OK Jethro, did I mention anything about Tuscaloosa or Oxford? As far as a history of racism, you need to read up on your S.C. history so that you will understand who Benjamin Ryan Tillman was. You know that piece of cow dung that founded the cow college up in Pickens County. Question for you Cow College rubes, what do you think old Pitchfork Ben would think about his school now?

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Wow! After enjoying and celebrating this past week, I decided to mosey over here and see how our rival was handling things and, of course, explaining our championship away. I expected the usual "they were lucky", "if they only played in the SEC", etc. etc. I never expected to find an elaborate money laundering scheme run through a local church as the reason.

Glad to have you over here still worrying about what WE are saying & doing after your greatest week ever! Totally amazing - especially when you're at your highest point in history and we're at a low point. I think if the shoe was on the other foot (which it was just a FEW short years ago) I'd not be at all concerned about what you were doing. I'd just be totally proud of what WE'D accomplished and sharing with our fans! Just shows your priority is not about YOU - it's about your hate & obsession (and chip on your shoulder) with US!

OK Jethro, did I mention anything about Tuscaloosa or Oxford? As far as a history of racism, you need to read up on your S.C. history so that you will understand who Benjamin Ryan Tillman was. You know that piece of cow dung that founded the cow college up in Pickens County. Question for you Cow College rubes, what do you think old Pitchfork Ben would think about his school now?
You are not very bright, are you?

To the ones that mention what Clemmons offers now means nothing. What did they offer in 2010-11, when they started getting the Watkins level players. I'm not saying Clemsin is or isn't cheating, but even the most ardent Tiger has to find it awfully peculiar that a team in 2010, with a much-maligned head coach (that I know for a fact many CU friends wanted gone), that just got blown out by their rival, just lost to USF in a bowl to finish 6-7 (hey, this all sounds familiar) offered the players they started bringing in around that time. If we start bringing in these players in February, good, the AD as a whole finally figured it out.

What all of us do know for sure, is this was much more than one coaches vision, and perseverance

To the ones that mention what Clemmons offers now means nothing. What did they offer in 2010-11, when they started getting the Watkins level players. I'm not saying Clemsin is or isn't cheating, but even the most ardent Tiger has to find it awfully peculiar that a team in 2010, with a much-maligned head coach (that I know for a fact many CU friends wanted gone), that just got blown out by their rival, just lost to USF in a bowl to finish 6-7 (hey, this all sounds familiar) offered the players they started bringing in around that time. If we start bringing in these players in February, good, the AD as a whole finally figured it out.

What all of us do know for sure, is this was much more than one coaches vision, and perseverance
EXTREMELY "peculiar" he started getting all these 5-stars out of Fla all of a sudden at that particular time when it all started (not talking about now after they built - back when it started) - when Clemson had absolutely NOTHING going for them - middle of the pack in the ACC which was NOT a strong football conference at the time and Clemson wasn't doing well at all! He'd been there a few years prior but it began all of a sudden at this very strange time! I'm surprised there wasn't an investigation, but now I'm realizing nobody's been put on probation for some time now and can't believe everybody's just decided to start playing by the rules. I think the joke of an NCAA violations committee just lets anything go now - especially with certain programs for whatever reason they choose and decide to bring the hammer down on others for less offenses!

Glad to have you over here still worrying about what WE are saying & doing after your greatest week ever! Totally amazing - especially when you're at your highest point in history and we're at a low point. I think if the shoe was on the other foot (which it was just a FEW short years ago) I'd not be at all concerned about what you were doing. I'd just be totally proud of what WE'D accomplished and sharing with our fans! Just shows your priority is not about YOU - it's about your hate & obsession (and chip on your shoulder) with US!

Ummm, I believe this thread shows a bit more "hate and obsession" than I could ever muster. And, yes, part of fun of the rivalry is seeing the reaction of our rival to a great accomplishment like this. Given the "hate and obsession" I see all over this site for us (in this thread alone), I think there are many here who would do the same. I don't see anything wrong with that. If the shoe is ever on the other foot (which I disagree has ever happened), I would expect it.

Also, we talk about Clemson hanging out on our board. I do know that they watch our visitors, commits and try and talk them out of coming to SC through many channels, even if they are not trying to our best recruits.

You implied that a kid that was at an FCS level school would never have made an unofficial visit to Clemson. Kids make unofficial visits all the time to schools that never offer them. So Bongsummers point is legit from the standpoint that a kid at an FCS school may have made an unofficial visit to Clemson. As far as paying $1,000 to a kid maybe it did happen or maybe it did not. Surely you inbred rubes wouldn't do something that stupid, but on the other hand it wouldn't be surprising as ridiculous as it sounds.

I wonder if clemson is giving them 1k ea per visit to spread their wealth.

I've seen great (and not so great) grads from both schools, I also know a lot of very wealthy USC grads, so they must be doing some learnin'. I've also seen Clemsin folk on one of these fine message boards brag about learning things at Clemsin that I learned in middle school. So, take it all fwiw. Sadly, if their public education was received in SC, that is entirely possible

Ummm, I believe this thread shows a bit more "hate and obsession" than I could ever muster. And, yes, part of fun of the rivalry is seeing the reaction of our rival to a great accomplishment like this. Given the "hate and obsession" I see all over this site for us (in this thread alone), I think there are many here who would do the same. I don't see anything wrong with that. If the shoe is ever on the other foot (which I disagree has ever happened), I would expect it.
Maybe a few but never me! I'm not interested in what you're thinking or saying about us and when we won our back-to-back titles a few years ago I NEVER went over to your site to waste my time with YOUR thoughts & comments. I was fully satisfied with our celebration & success! So, if you're seeing "hate & obsession" over here it's at least on OUR site you had to seek out for your own pleasure. Nobody's in-your-face about it! So, IMO, the one coming to our turf is the much more obsessed!

Only losers hang out on other teams message boards. Amazing these Taters still need our validation

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT