ADVERTISEMENT

Would sitting Doty for the Georgia game be the

Two options:
1) Play Zeb to start and if we are even somewhat competitive, then bring out Luke quickly.
2) Play Zeb to start, and if uga is dominant from the beginning, let Zeb and the other backups take the beating

That's your best long-term and short term options. I hope we don't start Luke or even let him on the field Saturday until we see how the Oline can do against their D.

Would be a bad confidence issue to start him against that team. They looked Big, Fast and basically unstoppable against the taters. I say NO, he is w/o a doubt the best slim chance of beating them, but IMO the odds are greater of him not and suffering even a worse fate.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
We need to play everyone we can, not to win but to get all the players better. If we want to win, play the best players. If we are at a point in the game it is hopeless, give players some experience. There are two times to play the subs, after RUTS and if hopelessly down. (Not counting normal substitutions.)

right thing to do? We have a slim to none chance of beating them even with Doty so why not let him sit and be available the rest of the way. He will be running for his life come Saturday!
If he is healthy and your best chance in the game, then no, sitting him is not the thing to do. Most everyone knows barring a UGA implosion, which has happened in the past, SC has little chance of winning this game. Not playing players who should otherwise play and make your team better, for the sake of saving them for winnable games, seems a whole lot like surrender.

Zeb will get swallowed alive in this game. Haven’t seen enough of Doty to feel how he would fare. QB aside we don’t have the talent to keep this game respectable, but Zeb won’t cut it.

I would start Bell at TE and Harris at RB. If you start those two then start Doty, if not then start Noland.

I would start Bell at TE and Harris at RB.
Definitely this.

The Doty I saw last year and in the spring is not going make much of if any of an impact, but qbs have been known to improve dramatically in 4 months time.

Whether we can stay on the field or not will IMO be more a function of how smart we play over who we play or start. We have been *extremely* predicable in the first two games (ie back rips off an 8 yarder? Run him again! For a three yard loss. Third and 8? Throw a 5 yard pass. Fourth and 3.)

Zeb doesn’t handle pressure at all; you know they’ll bring a couple of guys every play. Stagger the count, make them show their hand, do what you can to keep them off balance, move the sticks, keep their offense off the field.

Of course if the qb can’t hit a guy 10 yards away with the football, all of that is moot.

After what I witnessed yesterday the other QBs must be way behind mentally not skill wise or they would have pulled Zeb. I sure would have but at this point we just need to get behind Zeb until all 4 wheels fall off and the Coaches get someone else ready. The guy is 24 years old and is a graduate assistant. He's going to know the playbook and recognize coverages much quicker than the other QBs. I too have been critical of Zeb but it does us no good to continually bitch. I see the same thing you guys see.

Smart decision would be to forfeit
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Only play Doty if he’s 100%. If he’s 100% and our staff sits him because they are afraid we’ll lose…then we are screwed anyway.

Coaches don’t think like fans. He’s got to be 100%. But that team believes they can beat UGA. Fans don’t, but the team 100% does. And that’s the way it should be. If Doty is ready to go, no decent coach is going to hold him out.

I’d say play Doty and let him get back in the swing. Either way, we are a massive underdog to UGA, but the upcoming stretch of games (UK, Troy, UT) are all winnable IF we play well, and having our QB1 would help.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I say go all in and take our best shot. I don’t think a team should roll over to another team and hand them a W on a silver platter. We need to get away from that sort of thinking if we want a winning culture. I bet the other Gamecocks are glad they played their best against FSU last night!

right thing to do? We have a slim to none chance of beating them even with Doty so why not let him sit and be available the rest of the way. He will be running for his life come Saturday!
I’m not sure Doty is as close to being ready as we are hearing. If he was close, why didn’t he get some snaps against ECU? That was the time to get him some reps to shake off the inevitable game rust.

I don’t see how throwing Doty in to the deep end against that defense on the road gives us the best chance to compete.

I’d start Zeb and mix in heavy wildcat. Zeb can make all the throws but he lacks touch on a lot of balls. The questionable decision making continues to haunt him as well. That’s why he has lost the starting job everywhere he has been.

Reactions: vacock#
They have a couple of practice days this week. If Doty is able to run the offense AND can move with no issues, play him.

You can’t worry about a guy potentially being injured, you worry about the guy who already has an injury. Doesn’t do us any good if he aggravates an existing problem and misses 3-4 more weeks.

I seem to remember being 28 point underdogs down there 2 years ago against the #3 team in the country
🤔🤔🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
And this is why the games are played... As painful as that loss was, those games are great for CFB (except when it's us losing :confused: ).
Thankfully Kinlaw has moved on. That guy was a beast and made everyone better.

That being said, half of our guys remember that loss between the hedges and will be very focused on our first conference game. Kirby has this group in a good place as we saw zero letdown against UAB after the Clemson win.
Muschamp has also been a huge boost in our locker room,, in recruiting and on our sideline.

Hopefully both teams come out healthy.

Always play to win. My goodness, how is that even a question? Who thought we had a chance to beat Georgia in 2019? And yet we did. Put the team on the field that the staff thinks has the best chance of winning and make in-game adjustments. I don’t even like it when NFL teams who have locked a playoff berth sit talent, or tank to get a better draft pick (I understand the reasoning - but I still don’t like it).

Reactions: rogue cock
The problem is if we put Doty in and he gets killed, anyone we put in will, then all these fans on here and Facebook will start saying Noland is better. Most of them don't know anything about football but that is what they will say.

And this is why the games are played... As painful as that loss was, those games are great for CFB (except when it's us losing :confused: ).
Thankfully Kinlaw has moved on. That guy was a beast and made everyone better.

That being said, half of our guys remember that loss between the hedges and will be very focused on our first conference game. Kirby has this group in a good place as we saw zero letdown against UAB after the Clemson win.
Muschamp has also been a huge boost in our locker room,, in recruiting and on our sideline.

Hopefully both teams come out healthy.
That's where Muschamp belongs. In the locker room, on the road recruiting, and standing on the sidelines. He has no business being a head coach.

Reactions: Cola G'Cock
Two options:
1) Play Zeb to start and if we are even somewhat competitive, then bring out Luke quickly.
2) Play Zeb to start, and if uga is dominant from the beginning, let Zeb and the other backups take the beating

That's your best long-term and short term options. I hope we don't start Luke or even let him on the field Saturday until we see how the Oline can do against their D.

Maybe you have not heard. Football uniforms have advanced greatly recently. They have these protective devices called, a helmet and shoulder pads. I think the two teams will both be wearing them on Saturday.

He gets paid either way. I don't see the down side.
Some will say if he gets hurt,he shouldn’t have played him.If don’t play,they most likely say he should’ve played.The only downside is if he plays and gets hurt,he will be out for that much longer.people already complaining that he isn’t playing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT