ADVERTISEMENT

⚽️Women's soccer gets #1 seed in NCAA TOURNAMENT

winloseortieWell-Known Member

Hope they show up for the playoffs? Poor showing against Arkansas.
Not really they outshot Ark 17-3 (hit the post twice) and controlled possession. Ark one shot on goal went in, our many did not. One of those matches where you do everything right except for 10 seconds and you lose.

No excuses...Do the work!

winloseortieWell-Known Member

Hope they show up for the playoffs? Poor showing against Arkansas.
Not really they outshot Ark 17-3 (hit the post twice) and controlled possession. Ark one shot on goal went in, our many did not. One of those matches where you do everything right except for 10 seconds and you lose.

No excuses...Do the work!
In my book poor showing means you weren't prepared, you didn't put in the effort, you took the opponent too lightly. None of that occurred. In Texas hold'em you can make all the right plays and still get a "bad beat" when your opponent draws the one card in the deck that tops you. The team did their work they just didn't get a result

Results are the only thing that counts!
That's true. Unfortunately (from some perspectives), it doesn't matter how good and prepared you are for whatever may be the challenge, but then you have the luck factor. Everybody has to deal with such - some more than others it sometimes seems.

Results are the only thing that counts!
Then you will have a very unhappy life my friend AND every team that has every lost a game is a failure AND you have missed sight of the larger results.... Dude we are a freaking #1 seed with a SEC championship, the offensive player of the year, the defensive player of the year, coach of the year, and 8 players making various all conference teams

Last edited:
Funny how some fans think that any time a team loses it's because of a lack of effort or caring. It's sports. Sometimes you lose. Been watching this program for several years. Coaches do an amazing job. This team is very good - not as much of an offensive juggernaut as it was last year, but still very good. Lots of freshmen and sophomores have played big roles this year, unlike last year which was led by mostly seniors and McCaskill. To win 2 straight SEC championships without losing a league game in 2 years during the regular season is unheard of. SEC women's soccer is REALLY good. 9 SEC schools are going to NCAA Tournament this year.
As for the Arkansas game, USC out-shot them 20-3 and had several shots go off the post etc. It happens. USC has been to the Elite 8 twice in the last 3 years. Hoping they can have a good run again. Tough decision as to weather I'll go to hoops or soccer on Friday. May have to do soccer and bring my radio along for basketball. Go Gamecocks!

I think I will go to basketball just to see the championship banner raised. We played Alabama State in the first round last year and won 7-0. I think it was 6-0 at half and Shelley emptied the bench for the whole second half

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT